As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arknights] Anime cancer beastpeople tower defense wants YOU

SpectrumSpectrum Archer of InfernoChaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
edited September 2021 in Games and Technology
Do you like Tower Defense games? Do you like cute kemono girls and boys? Do you like near future sci-fi, shadowrunning, and politicking? Are you willing to descend into gacha hell with the rest of us?

Then come join us!

----

Quick FAQ:
Arknights is originally a CN game.

Top rarity is 6*, base rate is 2% with a pity system. Fail to roll 6*s on any banner and the rate increases until you roll one after 50 rolls.

There are multiple classes and the key to success is bringing a balanced class roster to every stage.

If you perfect a stage without taking a friend operator along, you unlock the ability to replay it on auto for ease of farming.

There's a base building aspect as well that gives you resources and lets you see your characters walking around.

----

Resources:
Wiki/Guide Site: https://gamepress.gg/arknights/

Recruitment Tag Site: https://aceship.github.io/AN-EN-Tags/akhr.html

Database Site: https://ark-nights.com
Interactive Map Site: https://map.ark-nights.com/

Base Skills Unlocked on Promotion: Factory Trading

Reception Room Hidden Efficiency Guide: https://i.imgur.com/uqUJTEY.png

Sanity Farming Efficiency:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A_rd8htvWOotqTCf0lEHFpk8ghK0or9Z1temdCZsKEA/edit#gid=475728090

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12X0uBQaN7MuuMWWDTiUjIni_MOP015GnulggmBJgBaQ/edit#gid=485742288 - Updated for Chapter 8
Outdated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fhz24nSxUef3FWplZtwPMRldyrNMc45DOcN0yaSTPaw/htmlview?sle=true#

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W-iH9WvnIFr5LKA7MdefB2uZ4AaLp7w_uDuvDxdPWA8/edit?pli=1#gid=991853193 - Includes LMD/xp that drop from some maps. Has a Commendation Certificate and Friend Credit value sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tmJPCsKjaWHsizcZmM9HAoZPCCPwhyoryVGMKpr7FsQ/edit#gid=363318132 - Does not include LMD/xp that drop from some maps. Has a Commendation Certificate value sheet.

Promotion Materials: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zJynZNQf4jdzWn_aQL0YVEl0Q57AjkK1wCtCJ6_p5k8/edit#gid=0

Future Banners & Events: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1grR4bbCPLiWlZnCK_A7j-VWYy8ifVi5RriGioEETWc0/edit?pli=1#gid=2144865082

----

PA Friend Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16ba4F5Udzcmpnh4uRSCaZuWRSQKP1fbEg1qZzoEyVdk/edit#gid=0

XNnw6Gk.jpg
Spectrum on

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Looks like tomorrow's standard pool banner is Skadi and Siege, with Texas, Provence, and Spectre.
    So yellow certs will be flipping over to Siege and Provence.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    That's a pretty nice banner.

When is Bagpipe coming though?

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Should be the 9th or the 16th. Depends if they give us a week break with no event between this Story event and Contingency Contract.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    CC#0 prep is going well. Finished M3 on Lappland, Blaze, and Myrtle already, next priority is Saria skill 1, Silverash skill 3, and FEater skill 1 (they're all at M1 atm). Would also like E2 both Nearl and Nian before the event, and maybe Specter as well, but that might be a tall order.

I'm pretty sure this is all overkill and I can easily clear risk 18 with what I have, but I want the option to mess around with teamcomps for fun.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I should really do some mastery ranks but it's a pain in the ass to check them in game compared to just pumping more units to E1 max with rank 7 skills.

Yeah, having to actually put them in the training room just to see the mat costs is annoying as hell.

Like sure, I can just look them up online, but sometimes I'm just playing this while lying on my couch and really don't feel like going through the extra effort.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Nice, looking like we're going to get the 5* recruitment passes sooner than later.

Only saved up like 70ish recruitment passes for this, so still a way to go. But a free Indra/Vulcan at 300 and 1000 recruitments is nice to start working towards.

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    That's cool, I'm not sure there are any 5*s left I feel strongly about.

2 pulls on the new batter for Astesia P1.

Ahaha new banner is kind.

One pull for a Skadi DP reduction.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I decided to pull on the new banner since I'm definitely going to get Siege, so it would (have been) nice to save on yellow certs if possible. Welp, that was a waste anyway, 10 pulls got me Provence potential (literally the worst possible on banner pick for me) and nothing else. Ah well, Siege is mine anyway, thanks to yellow certs. Hopefully those 10 pulls don't screw me when it's Bagpipe time.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »

It's for Indra and Vulcan.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

Just those two specifically?

Recruitment is the only way to get those two operators and it's damned near impossible to hit the right tags for them, so it's sort of like a recruitment mercy.

edited September 2020
    I have like 180 recruitment tickets at the moment, so I guess I'm saving them for whenever that ticket drops.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png

True, I'm still missing Indra.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I should probably work on expanding my friends list, considering most of the people on my list don't play...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Oh yeah, I added myself to the PA spreadsheet since I finally upgraded my Reception room and set a third support unit (Lappland, Saria, Blaze at the moment, though that could change).

Will probably go through and send friend requests at some point this weekend, if I ever find time in between the constant farming.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I will delete randos for anybody on here who intends to play actively, just let me know. My friends list is about 50/50 PA and rando right now.

I'm on there from forever ago. Planning on continuing this for the foreseeable future.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

JP twitter has started previewing the Barrenland CC skin and the 4* from Bagpipes banner so looks like it's all gonna hit on Wednesday when the current event ends.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Nice, looking like we're going to get the 5* recruitment passes sooner than later.

Only saved up like 70ish recruitment passes for this, so still a way to go. But a free Indra/Vulcan at 300 and 1000 recruitments is nice to start working towards.

Whelp, no more recruitments for me until this comes out...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I want actual combat Gavial though.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

boy they mangled that s2 description

Some more M3s.

F0IYr9Y.jpg

EX---CALIBUR!!!!

LM0bQa9.jpg

The Nian-denier.

I want actual combat Gavial though.

Let her join the fray after she is on the field for $x number of seconds. It's how she has been described in the stories already :rotate:

Well, got my second M3 going. Ch'en's S2 for that delicious nuke drop. Warfarin and Liskarm can both accelerate it's recharge, right?

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Well, got my second M3 going. Ch'en's S2 for that delicious nuke drop. Warfarin and Liskarm can both accelerate it's recharge, right?

Ch'en herself will as well, as does Saria if Ch'en is healed by Saria's skills

eCynOKH.jpg?1

Don't think I can get Nian to E2 before Wednesday, but I'm gonna try this for the CC#0 permanent stage I think.

Blaze, Saria, Myrtle, and Lappland are at mastery 3, Texas m1, Nian and Nearl SL 7. Have a couple other options if this doesn't work for whatever reason, but I think I should be fine. Looking forward to screwing around with random comps this CC since I was way too new to experience the first one at all.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Thursday is a weird day but sure. I guess they want to avoid the first daily map having like 36 hours compared to 24 like the first one?

Send help, I think I'm about to commit gacha crimes and buy an outfit for a character I don't have

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Yeah, I'm gonna see how much prime I have left after Bagpipe summons.. but this might be the first skin I actually buy.

You can get Hoshi through a Top Operator tag, it seems likely you'd get her eventually, shrug.

I might do the same thing cause that is legit the best looking skin I've ever seen

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited September 2020
    Are Twitter embeds broken for mobile for everyone else?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Work for me in android firefox

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Twitter embeds are wildly inconsistent on whether they'll work or not. I've had days where I'll load up a page and they work fine, go to another page and not have them working. Then have the next two pages I load work, while still getting pages that don't load them properly. Twitter is a shit platform is the main issue. Unfortunately, the way most game announcement tweets are structured, can't really go with a setup where people have to also post in quotes what is being said, since you get a fair bit of information that is conveyed through a picture instead of words and I've noticed a number of games really don't have a functional main site that hosts the information that they share through tweets.

The Hoshi skin is probably a great example of the issue. Saying it's a badass looking skin really doesn't help, since there is probably someone that will say it "meh." Then there is "that's so badass that I want it!" and "that's pretty badass, but I'm not shelling out money or prime for it." So even if you usually agree with someone on the criteria for what is and isn't badass, you still don't agree with them on what warrants investment with limited resources.

Mill wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »

Twitter embeds are wildly inconsistent on whether they'll work or not. I've had days where I'll load up a page and they work fine, go to another page and not have them working. Then have the next two pages I load work, while still getting pages that don't load them properly. Twitter is a shit platform is the main issue. Unfortunately, the way most game announcement tweets are structured, can't really go with a setup where people have to also post in quotes what is being said, since you get a fair bit of information that is conveyed through a picture instead of words and I've noticed a number of games really don't have a functional main site that hosts the information that they share through tweets.

The Hoshi skin is probably a great example of the issue. Saying it's a badass looking skin really doesn't help, since there is probably someone that will say it "meh." Then there is "that's so badass that I want it!" and "that's pretty badass, but I'm not shelling out money or prime for it." So even if you usually agree with someone on the criteria for what is and isn't badass, you still don't agree with them on what warrants investment with limited resources.

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, just wondering if it was an issue for anyone else cause I haven't been able to see tweets for a week or so now.