As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    What’s the point of having a hot goalie if he isn’t going got steal you the series as the underdog? Also, I don’t want any of the remaining teams to win the Cup

I mean to be fair it's kinda hard to steal a game when your offense only generates 14 shots and 0 goals. Demko deserved better.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    And I'd kinda like to see Perry try his shit with Reaves running around.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I think it'd be funny if the Isles took it, just so Trotz can laugh at Washington.

I don't have any particular problem with Washington, I just think that'd be the best storyline

• JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I wouldn’t be upset at the Isles, if only because I still have a soft spot for Varly. Dude put in some absolutely unreal performances for the Avs during some incredibly awful seasons.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Ugh... really bad first period for the Flyers.

edited September 2020
    Ugh... really bad first period for the Flyers.
    Second Period Flyers: Hold my beer.

Jayricho on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Yeah... this is rough.

Welp, how appropriately Philly Sports. Get the fans hyped for a comeback, and completely blow it on the last bout.

KoopahTroopah on
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Gritty sad

Bless your heart.
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Gritty sad

Does gritty feel human emotions?

edited September 2020
    Was hoping the flyers would be able to pull it off. Defensive teams like the islanders are always a pain to play.

H0b0man on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Now rooting for anyone but Vegas. Arrogrant, classless team that chirps when a player is laying injured on the ice.

:so_raven:
    I am even more upset over last round if this is the best Vegas can muster.

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Let’s go islanders btw

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Let's go literally anyone else (in order: dallas, tampa, vegas)

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I’m enjoying the game tonight. :)

OMG that (Pass)wrister from Hedman to Point for the redirect goal!!!1

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    Well that's one way to start the series.

You could def tell that the Lightning had a week to rest while the Islanders had just finished playing a 7 game series.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

That tip pass by Kucherov to Point, to set up for Kucherov's score was Crosby-level magic

TB put on a clinic tonight.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

That tip pass by Kucherov to Point, to set up for Kucherov's score was Crosby-level magic

TB put on a clinic tonight.

for anyone who missed it:

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    that is disgusting

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    edited September 2020
    I love the hockey man narrative that vegas knew what they were doing and didn't just get super lucky.

Remember when they signed their very first player and he was from the KHL and then like two weeks later they bought out his contract before the season had even begun?

Bold and shrewd. Sure. Hockey men can never fail, they can only be failed

Edit: Vadim shipachyov, he played 3 nhl games, my bad.

Edit2: maybe it was a bold more to sign a guy with no nhl experience and then they followed it with a shrewd move to buy him out because he wasn't nhl caliber?

Burtletoy on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Remember when they signed their very first player and he was from the KHL and then like two weeks later they bought out his contract before the season had even begun?

classic shrewd misdirection

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I feel like it's less McPhee being very good than the other GMs being very dumb

and by other GMs I like, 50% mean Dale Tallon

I fell asleep trying to catch up with the game last night. Tonight I had some time to watch the key plays of the game. This was a beauty.

Also, a little bit of luck, in my opinion.

Wild bill karlsson is 109th all times and 1st for currently active players, for single season shooting percentage at 23.37, and only one other currently active player has cracked 23% once (the oshie)

Good enough for 3rd in goals scored (43) and 115 in shots taken (189) that season

And if you don't think that's luck, just imagine MAF being good in the playoffs (more than one!), for Christ sake!

And with all that in mind I am so incredibly curious to see how things go for Seattle.

As mentioned above, sadly, Dale tallon is no longer a GM

I really hate when the Bolts resort to bullshit plays. Killorn getting a game misconduct for a dumb stupid dangerous play. Then one of the new editions from the trades, hitting Martin, who Killorn clobbered, again but it was a good hit, followed by a fucking cross check in the name sending him into the boards with his head again.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Jayricho wrote: »
    And with all that in mind I am so incredibly curious to see how things go for Seattle.

I think I've asked this before, but I assume we start picking up players post 2020-21 season cup?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Vasilevskiy stole that game for Tampa. Islanders had a 5 min major power play as well as a 5 on 3 and he stonewalled them.

It'd be nice if next game Tampa didn't wait until 10 mins left in the game to start actually playing.

Dress 11 forwards. Lose one to being dumb. Lose another from injury. What do you do? Score with 8 seconds left in a tied game. With a defenseman dishing out the apple!

50433.png?1708759015
    Ya I was a little nervous about it going into overtime while only having 3 lines worth of forwards.

Hopefully Brayden Point is ok and that Cooper shoves a foot up Killorn's ass so he doesn't do stupid dangerous shit like that hit again.

H0b0man wrote: »
    Ya I was a little nervous about it going into overtime while only having 3 lines worth of forwards.

Hopefully Brayden Point is ok and that Cooper shoves a foot up Killorn's ass so he doesn't do stupid dangerous shit like that hit again.

On watching the different views, and knowing Killorn is usually the good guy, I think he wasn’t trying to do what happened, it looked more like he was going for a shoulder on shoulder?

50433.png?1708759015
    edited September 2020
    Brody wrote: »
    Jayricho wrote: »

I think I've asked this before, but I assume we start picking up players post 2020-21 season cup?
    Yeah, the expansion draft is tentatively scheduled for June 2021.

Jayricho on
    Congrats to Nate Dog for winning the Lady Bing!

50433.png?1708759015
    MacKinnon running away with the Lady Byng in apparently a landslide is hilarious. Yeah he only had 6 penalties all year but he’s not exactly the definition of calm, cool and collected either. He much more Peter Forsberg than Joe Sakic.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah uh he's kinda hot headed

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    edited September 2020
    A hard hitting game going on between The Lightning and The Islanders.

Edit: Good game by the Bolts. Nice win. I just noticed Brayden’s wearing the C. Nice! Though he went off on a line change in the 3rd and never played anymore of the game. Not that he was really needed while we had the 2 goal lead. Nice empty netter for Pat Maroon, on a backhander while racing down the ice. Followed up by Kuch trying the same thing but on a forehand and missed the net! Hah Kuch!

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
    Let’s go Eastern Conference!

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    I still have to watch the third period of the Tampa game. Have they said anything more about Point? Was it just a rough hit he took or did he tweak a knee or something?

Also if it comes to fruition, Dallas v. Tampa should be interesting. The #1 Offense vs. the #1 Defense.

If Dallas wins the Cup, I worry there will be a moderate regression to teams with a slow, plodding defense that slowly strangle the other team (and the fun of watching the game).

This discussion has been closed.