As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    You can't keep Moze's baby Auto Bear skill tree from me forever, Gearbox!

*shakes fist*

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I cant play til tomorrow but Ive seen largely postive stuff for Fustercluck

Theres quite a few new guns that look interesting. A lot of Tourge so far.

New class mods are meh.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Zane's new mod is apparently "Damaging an enemy with a non-critical hit grants Zane a stacking +25% increased Critical Hit Damage and a +5% chance for non-critical hits to score a critical hit which consume all stacks. This skill stacks 5 times."

I guess ... shoot them, hoping it doesn't proc, then swap to a sniper to the head to make use of the increased critical damage? Because innate critical hit headshots won't consume the stacks, but will still benefit from increased crit damage, right?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Zane's new mod is apparently "Damaging an enemy with a non-critical hit grants Zane a stacking +25% increased Critical Hit Damage and a +5% chance for non-critical hits to score a critical hit which consume all stacks. This skill stacks 5 times."

I guess ... shoot them, hoping it doesn't proc, then swap to a sniper to the head to make use of the increased critical damage? Because innate critical hit headshots won't consume the stacks, but will still benefit from increased crit damage, right?

No idea why youd use that over seeing dead.

Also get the new convergence shotty before they nerf it it can have up to an x8 that shoots 24 pellets

• Options
    Yeah, it's ... I don't really see the appeal of the mod.

Unless there's things that find it impossible to crit with that might be beastly if they could.

• Options
    Also I am enjoying these extra skillpoints, especially since I can now throw Calm, Cool, Collected onto my Zane build. Instead of cycling clone and sentinel, now both can be active constantly, spamming shields and health to me and often refreshing themselves while spewing out Whispering Ice grenades and turning the battlefield into a total clusterfuck.

• Options
    I hit cap as Moze and started farming for replacement gear. Got a monarch( rip) woth radiation and 150 percent fire after leaving Iron bear ASE.

KNEEEEEEELLLLL BEFORE ME!

Also locomobius can go fuck itself

• Options
    Kind of disappointing that the "While an Action Skill is Active, weapon damage is increased by 200%" is still borked. If you swap to another weapon while the skill is active, then swap back to the weapon with ASA200, you'll no longer have the bonus. I'm inclined to think that this is a bug, considering that other weapons with "while sentinel is active do 60% bonus cryo" anoints let you swap back and forth while retaining the bonus on the anointed weapon.

Mechanics question: how is Groundbreaker tabulated in regards to bonus? Is it added to base damage and multiplied by melee bonuses, or is it a flat amount of damage tagged onto the end of the damage calculation?

• Options
    Gearbox confirmed Crossplay n 2021 and free Next gen upgrade for consoles at Pax

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    New skill trees might not get here for a few months.

Kiiiil meee.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    New skill trees might not get here for a few months.

Kiiiil meee.

They said this year at least. I assume tbey want the new mode to lauch with the next gen console boom.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yup, this was a good DLC.

The Plus Ultra shield is ridiculous in the right ways, and Amara's new class mod (Muse) is a really good alternate to Breaker. Story was good, though I would have liked actual interaction with Ava, and the fact that they didn't go for a punchline with mental health stuff was nice.

Locomobius still sucked though; I think that was the only boss fight I've ever actually run out of ammo in.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Last boss is a pain in the ass. Hes the only one that drops the major Kong launcher too. Its a bit annoying.

• Options
    So the implication of the kreig DLC
    Is Kreig made alternate personalities of all the Raiders but Maya is different and seems to actually be a shadow of the real Maya.Her siren powers are also implied to have a psychic component now as well

• Options
    Is Kreig made alternate personalities of all the Raiders but Maya is different and seems to actually be a shadow of the real Maya.Her siren powers are also implied to have a psychic component now as well
    It's the same as any Siren.

There's a hidden side-mission in BL3 where you investigate what happened to Angel as a kid using the same method as we did with Maya's book.

sig.gif
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Killavolt seems to drop anything besides The Transformer... At least he dropped a Class item for Moze with the same Retribution skills, only this one has -22% damage resistance to everything as a subperk.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Killavolt seems to drop anything besides The Transformer... At least he dropped a Class item for Moze with the same Retribution skills, only this one has -22% damage resistance on everything.

Just farm a Zed Vendor I have like 7 at the new cap

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Finished dlc . Was pretty short and easy , was able to make it through with all lvl 60 stuff. I should go and farm 65 versions of all my gear when I have time . Really though all this made me do is was to play krieg .

• Options
    Tried farming the Fustercluck final boss. It has two drops I'd like one for Amara and one for Moze
    4 attempts first one he dies and drops nothing.

Yeah . . .

The other 3 I either got knocked off a ledge or there werent any mobs in thenginal stage to get a second wind. So fuck this shit.

Farming evil Lillith went a little better I got her SMG with Radiation and 2 Mag radiation ase right away its going to FL4K.

They need to adjust the boss HP for real

• Options
    So I finally got a Cloning Maddening Tracker, but it's a Lv.65 M10 version, so my Moze won't be using it any time soon... but good goddamn I see why people want this grenade mod.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    So I finally got a Cloning Maddening Tracker, but it's a Lv.65 M10 version, so my Moze won't be using it any time soon... but good goddamn I see why people want this grenade mod.

Theres a Tourge epic that can spawn up ton10 mirvs and those mirvs each spawn a mirv

It can roll with a grenade damage bonus as well.

Its the closest you can get to the Bonus Package

• Options

Theres a Tourge epic that can spawn up ton10 mirvs and those mirvs each spawn a mirv

It can roll with a grenade damage bonus as well.

Its the closest you can get to the Bonus Package
    Yeah, this one has like, ~24 explosions; Moze needs like, 8 to refill her health bar.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Got my Transformer and went from 42k shields to 144k shields.

• Options
    The weird faulty Star moze can get upwards of 300k

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So farming was very generous today . Splash damage flipper , Harold and root. Just need to farm another back burner and a lvl 65 minesweeper .

• Options
    The weird faulty Star moze can get upwards of 300k
    And with the Plus Ultra (and a Deathless relic) she can top something like 800k.

Moze is a TANK.

sig.gif
  • Options

There's a hidden side-mission in BL3 where you investigate what happened to Angel as a kid using the same method as we did with Maya's book.
    The big question for me was that, since Tannis has established that she can separate brainwave patterns and move them elsewhere, if we were going to have Maya's essence get sucked out of Krieg and shoved into a robot body or something.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »

The big question for me was that, since Tannis has established that she can separate brainwave patterns and move them elsewhere, if we were going to have Maya's essence get sucked out of Krieg and shoved into a robot body or something.

I doubt it.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I hope we get something like that as pretty much all the character developments in 3 were rather lacking in execution.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I hope we get something like that as pretty much all the character developments in 3 were rather lacking in execution.

Well half the characters were only in 3 for like 4 minutes

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Made the jump from Mayhem 4 to 10 after learning that enemies didn't actually do much increased damage. For some reason I thought they got a similar increase like everything else. Digiclone was able to carry my ass with a M4 hellwalker to getting some gear. With a stopgap to hide behind and shields constantly flooding in from the sentinel and clone, surviving ain't bad, either.

Now that I have an M10 hellwalker, the clone is back to eviscerating everything in sight. I've also been quite surprised at just how much damage a Facepuncher puts out, so now I'm running around with a Roid Rough Rider. Is fun.

I don't have nearly this much success on Fl4k. He's just so squishy.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, going from Amara to Fl4k on M10 is a hell of a difference. I'm splitting damage between a hellwalker and a monarch but even with Fade Away, stuff isn't melting like I'm used to. I go down a lot more often, too.

Gonna have to see if my Plus Ultra will help.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Theres a glitch where Mayhem enemies will spawn with Mayhem level weapons. This hurts FL4K in particular

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I dont get why Plus Ultra and that other new shield are so coveted, they seem to roll with less shield than Transformer and I lose my “Shock damage heals me” perk.

Moze can roll with hundreds of thousands of shield strength so if everyones shield strength examples are numbers based on maxed out Phalanx bonuses (and +3 skills overclocked on top) with any shield that doesnt say much.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Radiation Faulty Star and Bloodletter Moze are basically free damage and invulnerability

Plus Ultra doubles HP of anything that uses it.

In general thats good to have but For Zane and Moze that means the clone and Iron bear have longer durabulity and soon FL4Ks pets will be able to use it

• Options
    After 5 days of trying to get radiation resistance I decided to use a corrosive faulty star and a bloodletter with my 150/50 radiation maggie. Didnt respec . Honestly not sure I need to.

Its very powerful but Im definitely missing something. Ive heard knife drain and face puncher are used to maintain sheilds so Ill keep everyone updated as I figure this out

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Well, in the new DLC, I am definitely not enjoying the
    Brick/Mordecai fight

Was enjoying it to this point, but this seems like an extreme version of the franchise's bs unfun bullet sponge boss fights.

Is there some trick I'm missing? They seem to regularly just become immune to damage, and no amount of rotating damage types has yet gotten through.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    Brick/Mordecai fight

Was enjoying it to this point, but this seems like an extreme version of the franchise's bs unfun bullet sponge boss fights.

Is there some trick I'm missing? They seem to regularly just become immune to damage, and no amount of rotating damage types has yet gotten through.

If they're glowing blue theyve activated their action skill and are immune to damage. I focus on Brick first and just use Talon for second winds. Mordecai isnt really a threat

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Might want to tag them spoilers.
    Iolo wrote: »
    Brick/Mordecai fight

Also there is a "bossfight" with a character called
    SpongeBob BulletPants. Because he is a bullet-sponge, you see.

JOKES~!

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    It's a shame that fight is so offputting. I've been loving the DLC fights to date. It's basically a series of areas with swarms of baddies warping in. Sort of reminiscent of the old 'Spiderant Hell' from BL1. I've been digging it.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2