As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DELTARUNE: Chapter 2 out now!

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2018
    doomybear wrote: »
    Aren't there 2 jokers in a deck? Does that mean there's a Jgood somewhere?
    It’s implied that Seam is the red Joker.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I can listen to Field of Hopes and Dreams covers all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpnnrxKxRVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSU0w7KwRIw

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    If orchestral is more your thing, you should give this a listen. I'm at work and this is certainly making it more enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFVZDQYlhNM

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Finally got to this, and delighted that I managed to dodge every spoiler except for a couple character designs.
    Good fucking job to Toby Fox for going the anthology route instead of the sequel route.
    I always dug the concept of "different universe, different scenario, same players".

And oh my god RUDE BUSTER is a fucking banger of a battle theme. Like, easily the best "battle some randos" theme since Persona 5 or Yakuza 0.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Toby is quite good at music.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Endgame/hidden thing music spoiler:

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Good job to tem and dog

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I haven’t played DELTARUNE but them tracks are good and I look forward to more wet runes!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    it's free, if you have the inclination
    https://www.deltarune.com/

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Given the ending of chapter 1,
    I'm actually really surprised we'll see the same party in later chapters.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    i am expecting that “Kris” will be posing as Kris for much of the adventure. Acting normal, basically. Until such a time as they can use the trust Kris earned to achieve whatever goal they have in mind.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Did I miss another medium at this concert or did they just not play it? Either way, I am sad. That song is my jam.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Yo this live concert has concluded and is now playing snippets of new Deltarune music!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    i am expecting that “Kris” will be posing as Kris for much of the adventure. Acting normal, basically. Until such a time as they can use the trust Kris earned to achieve whatever goal they have in mind.
    Given that Kris and Ralsei had a talk while we were busy watching Suzie, I wouldn't be surprised to have them just voluntarily put us back in their body.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Given that Kris and Ralsei had a talk while we were busy watching Suzie, I wouldn't be surprised to have them just voluntarily put us back in their body.
    Honestly who knows what the deal with Kris is. Maybe we're not possessing them and they just rip out their soul sometimes so that they can steal pie without feeling guilty.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Honestly who knows what the deal with Kris is. Maybe we're not possessing them and they just rip out their soul sometimes so that they can steal pie without feeling guilty.
    When you check the first save point, it starts off with Kris's name, which is replaced by your name when you save. It's definitely them being possessed by us.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    When you check the first save point, it starts off with Kris's name, which is replaced by your name when you save. It's definitely them being possessed by us.
    there is also the many comments from people around town after you finish the Dark World gameplay. One in particular that always stood out was how Kris has an odd reaction to you choosing to drink the hot chocolate. I cant remember the details because it has been awhile, but I think something about the stories being told made it seem like they did NOT want to drink it and you basically make them do so. But most conversations usually involve someone saying Kris seems different somehow recently, implying you are controlling them and basically everything you do is not what they would normally do

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The alarm clock dialogue was a lovely blend of silly, wholesome and bittersweet.

• Options
    Necro this thread, because for the Undertale 6th anniversary Toby played Deltarune. Then announced chapter 2 coming out in two days.

• Options
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Necro this thread, because for the Undertale 6th anniversary Toby played Deltarune. Then announced chapter 2 coming out in two days.

Didn't see that coming. I probably should have, though.

• Options
    Turned out he was playing the new game the whole time. Went right into a 5 minute preview then date drop.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh god what?

oh god oh god

On a related note, I kind of still love how low-key the drop of the first chapter was. Was lucky to be online and saw the post about the download go up. Huh, it's named something like SURVEY_PROGRAM_WINDOWS_ENGLISH.exe", must be some sort of tech demo, right?

...and then the game happened, and I was like "what the hell is going on?"

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Sorry Psychonauts, looks like I'll be starting you at least a few days later than planned...

• Options
    yeah that was a very fun surprise way to drop the game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Holy shit it's free? I was prepared to pay whatever was needed.

Toby you goddamned madman.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Oh dear MY GOD the music in this new area is THE BOPPEST.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Chapter 1 and 2 are free but it sounds like he intends to sell chapters 3-5, eventually.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    HOW THE FUCK DID YOU KNOW

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Damn damn damn Chapter 2 keeps crashing every time I try to get to the second screen after entering the Dark World.

More Deltarune is so tantalizingly close and this bug is in the way

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    So I forgot there's not much to do with Susie if you're sparing everyone, though her tag team abilities with Kris are sometimes fun.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options