As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All the [Love]ly people

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »
    What I've learned in 15 years of using chopsticks is that friggin' everyone uses chopsticks differently and if anyone says there's one right way of doing it they're a big liar

I worked with a dude who held them in the palm of his hand and would just open and close his fingers and could pick all kinds of shit up that way, that dude was a fuckin’ wizard.

If he were a wizard why not use them as wands to magic the food into his mouth?

Dude, I don’t fuckin’ try to interrogate wizards, I don’t wanna be a fuckin’ newt or some shit cuz I sassed a motherfuckin’ wizard.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I once got told I had “good Norse blood” by an old racist because of the way I held my knife and fork, so I immediately switched it up

I’m very curious what a “Norse” way of holding cutlery is. I don’t think we do it differently.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Hold your knife like a sword and your fork like a battleaxe

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Hang your cutlery in your braided beard and eat with your hands

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Rip & tear that pork loin.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    what is cutlery

i eat with my hands and feet like god intended

• Options
    IT WAS ADAM AND EVE NOT FORK AND SPOON

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I eats with nuthin' but mah Tennessee toothpick.

Also shave with it if'n I ever did shave.

*spits*

Kill't a baar with it.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Rip & tear that pork loin.

This is the only way to eat

Rip and tear until it is done

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

If they didn't fork and spoon where the hell did Cain and Abel (and Seth) come from?

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

If they didn't fork and spoon where the hell did Cain and Abel (and Seth) come from?

They were bused in.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Flarne wrote: »
    I once got told I had “good Norse blood” by an old racist because of the way I held my knife and fork, so I immediately switched it up

I’m very curious what a “Norse” way of holding cutlery is. I don’t think we do it differently.

Yeah, it was super weird

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Flarne wrote: »

Yeah, it was super weird

fists, utensils coming out the bottom, heavy scowl

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I keep my fork tines downward and my finger on the... ricasso? of my cuttin' knife.

I can't really describe the weird finger gymnastics I do to hold chopsticks, but it works.

oh I also hold drinks with my pinky extended just a tad, and tea and coffee mugs are always held in two hands and sipped

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Shall we talk about the people who use a knife, drop the knife and pick up a fork in that same hand?

what about me!

it's awkward to hold a knife in my wrong hand!

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    was on the phone, keeping company with this friend I've been flirting hard with. Ideally it'd be more than idle flirtations, but we live in an age of distance and disease.
    I loathe talking on the phone, which illuminates perhaps how fond of this person I am.

they drop "if your previous relationships had a song, what would it be?" which seems kinda like a Teen Cosmo Conversation Starters question but okay

I dunno what my answer was actually gonna be, but I opened my mouth and quietly sang, "I am drowning, there is no sign of land. You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand. And I hope you die, I hope we both die."

they are, thankfully, a fan of the Mountain Goats so appreciation of the reference overwhelmed the troubling message itself.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    I really am quite into them. they're a teacher! and so sweet and positive! thinking of them evokes a sense of comfort and contentment, and of these two resources I am always running short.

and they're the ex of my best friend which means it is both sneakier and sexier.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

I’m not a fan of utensil essentialism.

Utensilentialism.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I learned when I was like11 that it was “European” style not to switch the fork back to the right hand to eat, and that was my first instance of my fat ass going “these Americans can eat my ass, I do what I want“ to justify something food related.

I gotta STOP eating to hold the fork in my right hand, hahaha, fuck you.

• Options
    If I'm eating steak, I keep my spork in my left hand and my other spork in my right hand.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    wait then how do you apply the ketchup?

• Options
    The sporks are filled with ketchup and when you press them ketchup squirts out

• Options

Just smh if you’re not making sure to squirt the ketchup into your mouth first like an actual civilised person

• Options
    The utensil was actually called a fpoon until 1981 when the word spork was popularized by Raymond Carver's What We Talk About When We Talk About Love

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I have very little patience for people who critique other people’s utensil use but I am paranoid as hell about how I use chopsticks and bark like a fuckin’ trained seal when somebody compliments me on how I use them.

I am the lowest hypocrite that has ever lived.

See, my chopstick technique is terrible.

Why are they always so blunt? i just want to stab individual grains of rice
    Drez wrote: »

I’m not a fan of utensil essentialism.

Utensilentialism.

Splayds and sporks for everyone!

• Options

Just smh if you’re not making sure to squirt the ketchup into your mouth first like an actual civilised person

I'm not much of a squirter.

I like to keep my meat dry.

• Options
    edited September 2020

For every bite, of course.

Shit was rough at my house before Costco.
    Drez wrote: »

I'm not much of a squirter.

I like to keep my meat dry.

Rip Drez’s meat.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Don't rip my meat.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Ah yes, a dry rub

Really brings out the flavour

Veldrin on
  • Options
    It’s not really ripping, meat this tender just pulls apart.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Aaaaahhhhh

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    man the only utensils opinion I've ever had is that you shouldn't use a knife and fork to eat pizza

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    but also like, I only roast family members for doing that, I don't actually care

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    The only time it's felt appropriate to eat pizza with fork and knife is when it's covered in a million toppings and the slices are huge.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    The only time it's felt appropriate to eat pizza with fork and knife is when it's covered in a million toppings and the slices are huge.

the only time it's appropriate to eat pizza with a knife and fork is whenever you have pizza and it's your preferred way of eating it

do it your own way, i'm not the food police

broken image link
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Oh I definitely think it's silly to hassle people who eat differently

• Options

the only time it's appropriate to eat pizza with a knife and fork is whenever you have pizza and it's your preferred way of eating it

HMMMmmm... that's exactly what the food police would say

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    All Food Cops Are Basted

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    AFCAB

didn't that one duck say that a lot?

• Options

I am, and just for promoting a culture of tolerance with regard to food consumption methods, you could be arrested for aiding and abetting which can earn you up to ten years in the sausage slammer.