As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Didn't they win the first couple seasons?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Winning games is basically the same as selling out imo

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Winning games is basically the same as selling out imo

Bullshit, root for your team.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I selected the Millenials as my team before I became aware of the deep lore surrounding the Chicago Firefighters, from the nature of the spatially dislocated Firehouse in which they all play to the Axeman, a strange unknowable being who forges the bats they all use in an arcane ritual

When you have crossed the threshold of Chicago, you are always a part of it. It never lets go

We Are All From Chicago

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I’m real interested to see how this necromancy plan goes.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I have a feeling a lot of people are voting for Lottery Pick

So it all depends on whether Jaylen stays #14

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have no idea about any of the lore, so I picked NY Millenials when I started because I'm in NY and also it seems like the most asshole team name possible and I am all in for that. Kept forgetting to actually check or do anything there though.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I mean listen to this shit
    The Axeman is the creator of all equipment used by the Chicago Firefighters. Little is known of their origin, and what is known is a closely kept secret. The Axeman toils day and night within the catacombs of Lowest Wacker Drive. Using fires from the molten core of The Earth itself, which Chicago has tamed with their paramortal hands, The Axeman crafts the finest blaseball axes--carved from the husks of the giant axes that cover the landscape of many of the planes of Wacker Drive.

The Axeman is a being of pure portent. They will only appear at the start of training for each Blaseball season to equip the Firefighters with The Axeman's latest masterworks. The Axeman is transported by a train car aloft an L line you have never noticed before and shan't notice again. Each player is gifted a new Blaseball Axe which, upon the handling thereof, compels The Axeman to utter: "I am The Axeman, Captain of Captians. Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and Play Ball."
    The following is said to appear on the entrances to Fermi Lab written in flame retardant paint to herald the arrival of The Axeman:

All must be silent at the start of Spring Training
    Firefighters flank the field at Fermi Lab
    Stood at attention, conducting themselves as the captains they are
    All must be silent for now is when new equipment is dispersed
    Now is the moment of knowing
    A mighty groan comes As the steel girders of the L bend neath the weight of The Car
    For now, from the bowels of the Lowest Wacker...
    The Axeman Cometh

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    If their bats are so good, then I guess the reason they're at the bottom of their division is just their players.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    If their bats are so good, then I guess the reason they're at the bottom of their division is just their players.

They won the last season, ya mook

And been to the postseason four times!

signature-deffo.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »

Huh. Did they lose their best players or something, or have they just let themselves go?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I'd just like to point out that the Fridays (a worker co-op team!) don't have a 4th base because their 4th base gained sentience and became Evelton McBlase, who now pitches for them.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Huh. Did they lose their best players or something, or have they just let themselves go?

What good are laurels if you're never gonna sit back and ride them for a bit?

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    My beloved Garages are making the playoffs for the first time and the imps are letting our discord cuss as a reward

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

There was a shakeup at the end of the last season, they make be the worst team in their division but their division is the best teams in the entire league.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

What good are laurels if you're never gonna sit back and ride them for a bit?

I learned the phrase 'resting on your laurels' from Mutant League Hockey

I had absolutely no clue what laurels actually were, but the game made the context pretty clear

Mutant League Hockey: Teaching us all of life's most valuable lessons (some of which deal with exploding rib cages)

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    There's apparently a scheme afoot to get all players with "peanut" in their name up to top of the Idol board. But I refuse to metagame, and I like Nagomi too much, so I SHAN'T participate

I also think something VERY BAD will happen if Jaylen is successfully resurrected, but I'm at least curious how that shakes out

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    it wouldn't be a Wild Wings game if they didn't blow a 67% winning chance on shitty pitching, jesus christ

YaYa on
  • Options
    There's apparently a scheme afoot to get all players with "peanut" in their name up to top of the Idol board. But I refuse to metagame, and I like Nagomi too much, so I SHAN'T participate

I also think something VERY BAD will happen if Jaylen is successfully resurrected, but I'm at least curious how that shakes out

Resurrecting the dead is the one bit of metagaming I kinda hope happens

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I'm very much on board for the NecroNut plan, it's the kind of goofy shit Blaseball is for imo

• Options
    a) congrats to the Flowers that was a hell of a way to make the playoffs

b) the Red Line on the idol page looks angry...

• Options
    16 minutes to whatever is about to happen

• Options
    y'all if you have the coins abandon your idols support Peanut Bong and Peanut Holloway, there's a chance for an all nut top 3

• Options
    edited September 2020
    YaYa wrote: »
    y'all if you have the coins abandon your idols support Peanut Bong and Peanut Holloway, there's a chance for an all nut top 3

Thought idols were locked.

Huh, guess not.

rhylith on
  • Options
    NO HALF-MEASURES

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »
    NO HALF-MEASURES

DO NOT PATRONIZE ME.

WHO IS TELEPHONE?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    rhylith on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Did blaseball eat Peanut Bong?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    They've been shelled!

• Options
    Nagomi and Jessica Telephone have been Shelled

a Shelled player is Shelled

• Options
    we are now officially the Wexico City Mild Wings

the commissioner...*grits teeth*...is doing...a great...job...

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    they shelled my idol what the fuck

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The Hellmouth Sunbeams are rising and will be making everyone stare into the sun eventually.

Rest in Violence Randall Marijuana, you will be missed until you come back as a revenant in defiance of the old gods.

• Options
    The Fridays emerge unscathed, on this, our holiest of days.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    also the twitter user RPing Nagomi McDaniel got messaged an explanation for shelling from the Commissioner
    Screen_Shot_2020-09-11_at_3.png

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I just know that the Tacos will have an incredible season and be the comeback story of our generation.

I just can't imagine that being anytime soon, lol.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I mean yeah that makes sense

T18LtbPl.png

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Many Stripes, One Tiger

I need to keep up with Blaseball more.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    There was really only one team for me

https://youtu.be/fEqwrBkAdTM

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG