As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Cultural Event of [Blaseball]

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I feel a little bad about the top tier players getting shelled, but only a little bit.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Honestly the Tacos are the best team because they are the only anti-capitalist team. I am considering leaving the Jazz hands for them simply for that reason alone...I tried to convince the jazz hands to vote for it but they were so focused on winning...

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I feel bad about Nagomi being shelled for a couple of reasons. I'm both still attached to her from her stint with the Fridays, but also the Jazz Hands are neck and neck with the Garages in the race to be my second-favorite team, and I would love to see the Crabs catch a few hands and get knocked out of the playoffs. Jessica Telephone is a blaseball icon at this point no matter what happens to her, if her eternal fate is to Rest In Peanut, I'm OK with it.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    The Jazz Hands knew Nagomi was leaving them this season anyways. Comfort is my idol, a solid, steady player. F the popular ones.

edited September 2020
    Honestly the Tacos are the best team because they are the only anti-capitalist team. I am considering leaving the Jazz hands for them simply for that reason alone...I tried to convince the jazz hands to vote for it but they were so focused on winning...

If you want a commitment to anticapitalism you'll be welcome in the Fridays fandom. We've consistently had two of the five best players in that stlat since the beginnings of blaseball. Elijah Valenzuela has been our anticapitalist hero since day one, consistently ranking as one of the best in blaseball. His sidekick in the early seasons was Sebastian Sunshine, but he got incinerated late in season 3. Sebastian's anticapitalist leanings would eventually be replaced by Baldwin Breadwinner, who feedback swapped from the Unlimited Tacos to the Fridays in season 4 and then boosted their anticapitalism even further with The Rack blessing prior to season 5.

I'm not recruiting, necessarily, but if you want to dive into the team Discord community, the Fridays fandom is both heavily anticapitalist and ridiculously chill.

shalmelo on
    That sounds pretty awesome.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You shouldn't worry about the shell

You should worry about what will emerge from the shell

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Man, that 13 inning Crabs/Jazz Hands was tense. It's my first blaseball postseason so everything feels so high stakes.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Current playoffs are:

Wild League:
    Crabs (1-0)
    Jazz Hands (0-1)

Mild League:
    Tigers (0-1)
    Garages (1-0)

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Man, that 13 inning Crabs/Jazz Hands was tense. It's my first blaseball postseason so everything feels so high stakes.

We ALMOST had the Crabs in the 9th, dagnabbit

edited September 2020
    cB557 wrote: »

We ALMOST had the Crabs in the 9th, dagnabbit
    SRoJQ08.gif

cB557 on
    Go Garages! Fight the Gods!

I love that this final game is all about two teams whose hobby is deicide

I've tossed a hundred votes at Enhanced Party Time, the most anti-capitalist of decrees

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    All my money went toward betting on a Garages upset

So, yeah

Yeah, in the absence of any vibes blessings to focus on this time, the Fridays are throwing a bunch of our votes at Enhanced Party time.

the Crabs have divided into two voting strategies this time, with some folks taking a Spiky strat (all the big obvious buffs) and others a Smooth strat (resting on our laurels for an election and voting for EPT)

I ended up going towards EPT simply because I think the Tacos, Dale, and Fridays in particular all deserve good things eventually

We'll getcha next time Crabs, next time.

In the meantime,we've got to do some serious EPT to lift up our friends in the Tacos and Fridays, and a certain special lady to free from the Shadow Realm (Lore pending)

Hail Hydra
    Hahahaha, eat it, God

Jaylen is back where she belongs

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Jaylen also has the permanent condition “debted”

what cost must we pay

edited September 2020
    I'm sure nothing bad could possibly result from this at all

Maddoc on
    Hahahaha

Baltimore Crabs forked out 59k votes to get a Shrink Ray, it ended up with Holden Stanton.

They ALSO voted to steal (back) the best player in the league, Nagomi Mcdaniel. Problem is, she's trapped in a peanut shell and largely useless. But a price must always be paid, even for a shelled player, so my beloved Breckenridge Jazz Hands received a player in exchange - the newly Shrink Rayed Holden Stanton.

God, that's funny.

We also got the Fourth Strike and a pair of Gravity Boots. Feels good!

Garages put nearly 70k votes into Lottery Pick

edited September 2020
    So apparently the tech with stealing Nagomi is that it knocks our worst batter out of the batting order, or somesuch.

cB557 on
    We had Mike Townsend bumped from the pitching lineup

Which on one hand is probably the best thing that could have happened to us

On the other hand it does make me feel like we lost our mascot

Maddoc wrote: »
    We had Mike Townsend bumped from the pitching lineup

Which on one hand is probably the best thing that could have happened to us

On the other hand it does make me feel like we lost our mascot

You sacrificed your mascot as part of a necromantic ritual, what could be more blaseball than that?

He's still there!

Lurking in the shadows...

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Magic... not very lucky with blessings this season. We'll just have to win without Gods.

I ate an engineer
    Funny fact about the Crabs getting the NVGs

every Crab vote cast on that was from a single power-player who wanted to see how much sway their votes alone could have on the game

turns out 5224 votes is a lot

Jaylen's pre-game ritual has taken on a different meaning now

ov8a7rgufmna.jpg

edited September 2020

Hmm. Hm.

Who could've foreseen that necromancy would have... Consequences.

Poorochondriac on
    God damn, the Millennials are going nuts this inning. Got like, five points without a single out.

Whoo nelly, that last game between the Garages and the Moist Talkers, Jaylen pitching hard against the strikeout champ Polka Dot Patterson. That was some fine blaseball

Hail Hydra
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    The Snackrifice was conceived by like five Tacos fans in the wee hours of the morning, pushed without consent or consultation of much of the Tacos fanbase. Bit of an ill-spirited forced meme, that.