As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    You can replace the head on the Terminator Librarian. I think unhelmeted Librarians look cooler though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It rained today so I worked on just the kitties in the new Escher stuff
    they get collars! but when I was selecting what base to put them on my brother made fun of how the bases are the real money bits for necromunda [he wants to get some Van Saar gangers bits the bodies to build some with the claws and shields but makes fun of how often you find those for less than 10 but the bases for 20+

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Really? But you can just buy them direct from GW for less than that… like $6.50 for 10 or something.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Really? But you can just buy them direct from GW for less than that… like $6.50 for 10 or something.

I know but we were making fun of what bits cost on ebay

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ugh, that reminds me that for reasons I missed the deadline for three auctions for the Light of Eltharion buy someone who put them in for 1€ and all three were sold for less than 8€.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hey, speaking of bits... I was looking for some Dark Angels torsos that were apparently discontinued and found the rogue trader website... it looks like some really good deals on forgeworld stuff, so what’s the catch? Are they legit? Are there any bit sellers outside of eBay that the forum would recommend?

edit: ok I figured it out. They recast or whatever it's called.

italianranma on
    飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    What's the quality like on your average recast? Never messed with that stuff.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    What's the quality like on your average recast? Never messed with that stuff.

Varies wildly. I've seen stuff that's better than your average forgeworld cast, but also stuff thatsmishapen garbage.
    Mostly comes from places with very lax approaches to copyright, like Russia and China, so assume anything forgeworld or rare or oop at a suspeciously low price from there is probably a recast.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    To add insult to injury the website in question even copies the forgeworld layout & aesthetic.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    I have been looking for the metal harlequins {the shadow seer and death jester as well as some of the troupe}
    More often than not I find recasts
    I don't know if they did the previous inucbi in metal but I have found them redone in it as well as even worse resin

• Options
    Apparently Feculent Gnarlmaws + Nurgle-marked Possessed is a thing. Pretty interesting way to protect them at deployment but also help get them into the middle of the board.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Played the third round of our Crusade campaign verse eldar with my Ad Mech. I will try a write up tomorrow. But overall it was a massacre with my Ad Mech coming out on top. And I am 100% sold on the Ad Mech Bomber now. It is just a utility piece. It can do mortals, it can shut down auras, it forces specific movement due to autoexplode. I really like it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Holy moly, check out the new Marvel 40k comic:
    cddaymd809mn.jpg

Calgar straight ripping a dude in half, Cultists getting actually vaporized by plasma

pardzh on

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    ripping a dude in half while shooting another guy's arm off

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Given how ultra poor comic sales are, if a reasonable number of 40k fans bought that it'd be a top seller.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »

There is also a poof of plasma on someone as well

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Gimme a 40k where's wally
    You could put all sorts of gnarly stuff in the background of huge pics, it'd be awesome

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Gimme a 40k where's wally
    You could put all sorts of gnarly stuff in the background of huge pics, it'd be awesome

I picture the Inquisitorial version being “Find the Heretic!” and then you just circle the entire page, for every page.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    cddaymd809mn.jpg

Calgar straight ripping a dude in half, Cultists getting actually vaporized by plasma

I need to know everything there is to know about that Chaplain

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

And he doesn't even look stressed out about it, just a Lee Marvin kind of mildly annoyed sternness to his expression.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    … anyone know why the cultists/traitor guard aren’t, y’know, shooting back?
    Seriously, exactly one of them has his gun up and firing; all the others are standing around slack jawed like “where’d those guys come from all of a sudden?”

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    All of their dirty heretic guns have jammed

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Advancing this turn.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Seriously, exactly one of them has his gun up and firing; all the others are standing around slack jawed like “where’d those guys come from all of a sudden?”

Autoguns have a 12 inch range

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    cddaymd809mn.jpg

That's a quarter. Maybe a third if you're generous.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Is this a Chaos Cultist thing? Genestealer Autoguns are 24".

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Man, idk

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

I mean they are a 24" rapid fire but yeah...

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

They're reevaluating their life choices.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »

Probably a killteam vs wh40k thing

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    For reals though I guess people who thought 40k would be toned down a lot for the comic were wrong.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Preview is about to start. Judging by the silhouettes the model side of the preview is all marines and necrons

Necrons getting some freaky characters and another kind of destroyers.
    Space Marines: how many more bolt variants can we add to the threehoundredfiftythousand there are already? Apparently some more.

honovere on
  • Options
    I like the new Crusade rules where you can "upgrade" a guy into a whole new model. Putting a wounded Marine into a Dreadnought is an awesome narrative event.

Now I can't stop thinking about all the cool little things you could do with Chaos - Cultists mutating into Spawn, Terminators getting infected with the Obliterator virus, Lords ascending to become Daemon Princes, etc.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Aw, I missed it. Anything super cool revealed?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Blood Angels, Death Guard, Deathwatch and Space Wolves are the next Codices after Marines and Necrons.

Lots of new models for Marines and Necrons. Heavy Intercessors sound fucking terrifying, especially if they're a troops choice.

The Forgeworld update is coming soon.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Oop. Beat to it. I'd say though specifically that the additional Marine things are codex supplements, not Codexes.

I sure fucking hope those Heavy Intercessors are, y'know, Heavy Support.

pardzh on

• Options
    Ooo the new Necron stuff! I will buy flayed ones this time

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

Blood Angels, Death Guard, Deathwatch and Space Wolves are the next Codices after Marines and Necrons.

Lots of new models for Marines and Necrons. Heavy Intercessors sound fucking terrifying, especially if they're a troops choice.

The Forgeworld update is coming soon.

All the marines are a single book so BA, DW, and SW are basically just getting supplements and then Marines are basically done for the edition. That is kind of nuts.

Death Guard are one of the oldest codexes. Necrons look awesome.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    They said the heavy intercessors are troops in the twitch stream.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    So for +2 power for 5 models they get +1t, +1w, -1m, and their guns +6" range and +1s and they occupy the same slot.

Each of the three armour variants Primaris have could fill a more complete codex than some whole factions by now, I think.

Let's hope that at least some of the other xenos and chaos books get something like that necron expansion.

honovere on