As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Now I see why they gave regular Heavy Bolters D2 - so they could inevitably introduce the D3 Primaris variant lol

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I need to see how it changes points but all the mini-marines and all of the CSM main units getting an extra wound still is a huge shift.

Havocs are basically gravis at that point.

Termis going from 2 to 3 wounds are great.

Stuff like Warptalons become a lot more interesting with 2 wounds.

Cult units with 2w are great. Deathguard are going to be broken for a while unless a single plague cost like 25-30 points.

2w plauge marines with a 4+++ that rerolls 1s and 2s is the equivalent of a 5w model or something nuts like that.

Deathguard are so good right now.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    With the additional multimelta for the eradicators their firepower is pretty insane. One eradicator with a multimelta has as many shots as a current devastator squad (whose output will probably also double in the new codex).
    I wonder if the lascannon will also get an upgrade. I could see it going to 3d3 damage or something like that to keep up with the multimelta.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    All the marines are a single book so BA, DW, and SW are basically just getting supplements and then Marines are basically done for the edition. That is kind of nuts.

The noise you heard was sad beeping from Iron Hands players everywhere. I don't know if we'll be getting an entire supplement when we only have a single chapter specific datasheet.

I'm more excited than ever to get a Crusade force going though, stuff like being able to have firstborn characters cross the Rubicon Primaris or having characters get interred into Dreadnoughts just sounds fluffy as hell.

SmokeStacks on
    All the marines are a single book so BA, DW, and SW are basically just getting supplements and then Marines are basically done for the edition. That is kind of nuts.

The noise you heard was sad beeping from Iron Hands players everywhere. I don't know if we'll be getting an entire supplement when we only have a single chapter specific datasheet.

I'm more excited than ever to get a Crusade force going though, stuff like being able to have firstborn characters cross the Rubocon Primaris or having characters get interred into Dreadnoughts just sounds fluffy as hell.

You mean this?

1*XXTGrA5dhgNNmoOewdRIPg.jpeg

The supplement that destroyed the entire meta?

u7stthr17eud.png
    TheFalcon from 40k Stats Center was pitching a rumor that 2W Plague Marines are going to lose that 4+++ in some fashion

It kind of breaks Bolters, the numbers work out to ~40 shots to kill a single model

https://www.goonhammer.com/hammer-of-math-plague-marines-and-double-wounds/

Goonhammer mathed it out.

8nwhl6qzrrn5.png

I think they may lose it. But it was also one of the last PA books that gave it to them so they may not.

u7stthr17eud.png
    You mean this?

The supplement that destroyed the entire meta?

Iron Hands, like all technology, are cyclical. In 7th Edition they were ok (I guess) until their clan supplement came out, and "Chapter Master Smashfucker" destroyed the meta. Then, at the beginning of 8th edition, they got nerfed as punishment and were mediocre once again... at least until their supplement came out and Smashfucker returned (only now he was a Leviathan Dreadnought with two Warlord traits and a Techmarine BFF that made him practically unkillable). They were subsequently nerfed again, and are now back to being just pretty ok.

We're clearly due for another supplement that makes them batshit insane for like two weeks before the rules writers at GW realize what they've done and release a FAQ that brings them back in line with the other Space Marine chapters.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I love Space Marines as much as the next Emperor fearing Citizen, but man GW it would be nice if you took a portion of that Space Marine budget and use it on some other factions.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    Axen wrote: »
    I love Space Marines as much as the next Emperor fearing Citizen, but man GW it would be nice if you took a portion of that Space Marine budget and use it on some other factions.

Think of this way. All of the SM factions are being updated at once. So once they are done everyone else gets a codex later in the edition and get more out of the power creep.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Yeah let them do the SM all at once and get it out of the way

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

At least until they decide to do a 2.0 release later in the edition.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    daveNYC wrote: »

If it is after everyone is released whatever.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I'm so glad I decided to focus entirely on my Necrons instead of trying to split between my Necrons and my Space Wolves. So much awesome stuff for both sides.

I'm starting to feel kind of overwhelmed by the new model count and how much stuff I already have. Really loving the new Cryptek models, they look awesome.

Also the crusade stuff is cool, having a lord or overlord fall to the destroyer cult virus is great, same with the dreadnought crusade thing for Space Marines.

Really wish I could start up a crusade game.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.

Gotta be honest, I seriously doubt 2.0 will be after everyone is released. I expect 2.0 around the halfway mark.

Space Marines make mad dosh for GW after all.

While I may be mildly annoyed by the lack of love for other factions, I also can’t exactly fault GW for leaning hard where the money is.

edited September 2020

Gotta be honest, I seriously doubt 2.0 will be after everyone is released. I expect 2.0 around the halfway mark.

While I may be mildly annoyed by the lack of love for other factions, I also can’t exactly fault GW for leaning hard where the money is.

I figure it will follow a similar pattern to 8th. Marines were first and last. Made mad dosh with supplements and new units in between. They know they don't need to drop a new codex for new models. I expect a few more marine releases but also marines were basically a line being fully revamped with primaris. They really are running out of things to replace. So I wouldn't be surprise if we see a loyalist slow down and maybe some replacements for other units that need it.

But that could be me being hopeful. I would like an actual noise marine kit not fine cast add ons that don't even fit the current CSM kits right.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular

If GW doesn’t update other factions or make new models, it makes it hard for players to create or expand their Xenos armies.

It’s a self reinforcing cycle

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Glad they’re rationalising all the space marine codices and also keeping the existing supplements. That said, those are gonna get replaced with Crusade-ready versions sometime so brace for that.

All the new Necron stuff looks great, nice to see variant crypteks back, plus even more choppy destroyers.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I'm disappointed with the new sm models.

Where are the jump pack primaris assault marines?

Jump pack assault marines are the coolest (classic) sm. When are they crossing the rubicon primaris, gw?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed with the new sm models.

Where are the jump pack primaris assault marines?

Jump pack assault marines are the coolest (classic) sm. When are they crossing the rubicon primaris, gw?

Too fat

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Just make assault inceptors or some shit. Primaris already have a jump troop.

Oh well I guess next primaris release is what I'll have to wait for.

They shouldnt make them 1:1

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

If GW doesn’t update other factions or make new models, it makes it hard for players to create or expand their Xenos armies.

It’s a self reinforcing cycle

Holy shit do I wish this was true!

But it is not. Not even a little bit!

Wanna know how many Space Marine models were released during 8th Edition? And I am just counting generic Space Marines, not any of the stuff the Chapters each got too. Seventy-five in total.

During 8th Edition can you guess how many Xenos models were released? I am mean all Xenos factions and subfactions in total? Forty-six. Forty-six spread out over five factions and a lot of those models were Genestealer Cultists (17 of em). Tyranids literally got nothing.

Xenos players getting shafted is a fact of life in this hobby and has been for, geez, at least twenty years now.

GW knows where the money is, and to be fair it is a considerable chunk of their profit from 40k. But we still shouldn't pretend like there isn't a problem.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My brother makes fun of how my eldar army in part is the same models I had when he was in junior high school.
    How I will make fun of I will get all plastic aspect warriors in my lifetime. I know Jes Goodwin the eldar and I think the dark eldar and harlequins are his thing. I am curious how much he does now with them and so on since in the podcast they did with him a little after shadowspear came out he said they did Phobos marines 3 years ago as he shuffled through several notebooks and binders. I am curious he has been pumping the brakes on them?
    We have seen the preview for Lelith Hesperax so that is a bone
    The guardian sprue is still 20+ years old as well as the Ork boy one

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    For reals though I guess people who thought 40k would be toned down a lot for the comic were wrong.

I mean these guys appear to be experiencing a pretty substantial shortage of skulls and skull iconography, even by Ultramarine standards, so they toned something down.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Still when it comes to the various flavors of Aeldari
    You can do a Craftworld Codex. You can do a Drukkari codex. The harlequins barely pull it off. The Ynnari are basically a pamphlet. The 5th faction {maiden worlds and corsairs} is basically a lore point
    I am curious how they will do them in this era

I am also curious if this Space Marine codex retains the build your chapter/leader stuff from the previous one as all phobos are fun armies in smaller games {still hate the look of the phobos Cpt.}

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Still when it comes to the various flavors of Aeldari
    You can do a Craftworld Codex. You can do a Drukkari codex. The harlequins barely pull it off. The Ynnari are basically a pamphlet. The 5th faction {maiden worlds and corsairs} is basically a lore point
    I am curious how they will do them in this era

I am also curious if this Space Marine codex retains the build your chapter/leader stuff from the previous one as all phobos are fun armies in smaller games {still hate the look of the phobos Cpt.}

I like the Phobos too, but without power weapons I don’t see how an all Phobos army is possible. I’m hoping they do something with Reivers to make them usable. Maybe a generic Phobos upgrade sprue is in the works...

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Reivers were an interesting idea, but they didn't really fit their intended purpose (Sneaky backfield objective grabbers, sort of like Primaris Scouts I guess?), and to make matters worse for them GW has made multiple Marine units that do the same thing that Reivers are supposed to do that do them better than Reivers (Incursors and Infiltrators), and then they gave regular Scout Marines 2W to boot.

The new codex is coming soon though, so who knows, they might see some changes. I think if their combat knives were better they might be useful for sneaky backfield cc units, but who knows.

That new landspeeder would probably look better without the third guy in the back. A single space marine gunner should be able to handle all the guns anyway with the black carapace interface and some machine spirit.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I realise that this is going to come across as whining, but I'm just so completely over Marine releases at this point. The last year has been absurd.

If there's a slowdown in loyalist Marine releases after this, then fucking great, but I'll believe it when I (don't) see it.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Reivers were an interesting idea, but they didn't really fit their intended purpose (Sneaky backfield objective grabbers, sort of like Primaris Scouts I guess?), and to make matters worse for them GW has made multiple Marine units that do the same thing that Reivers are supposed to do that do them better than Reivers (Incursors and Infiltrators), and then they gave regular Scout Marines 2W to boot.

The new codex is coming soon though, so who knows, they might see some changes. I think if their combat knives were better they might be useful for sneaky backfield cc units, but who knows.

The leak for scouts showed them at 1W a piece but those box inserts have been all over the fucking place on rules.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    That new landspeeder would probably look better without the third guy in the back. A single space marine gunner should be able to handle all the guns anyway with the black carapace interface and some machine spirit.

Can confirm, you only need a pilot and a WSO.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    I realise that this is going to come across as whining, but I'm just so completely over Marine releases at this point. The last year has been absurd.

If there's a slowdown in loyalist Marine releases after this, then fucking great, but I'll believe it when I (don't) see it.

I play wolves and I feel the same.

As well as they've been designing all the new releases, I'd love to see what they could do with new Tyranid sculpts (or any xenos really)

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6

Can confirm, you only need a pilot and a WSO.

Please remember that space marine self-guided missiles (such as the ones on their AA SPA) use human brains. One per missile at that. For some reason¹, cogitator-assisted targeting is really dubious in 40K so human(-ish) attention is required.

¹ the memes would say because the Adeptus Mechanicus have no idea how anything works and they haven’t found the guidance mechanism STC yet but it’s more likely that between alien stealth systems and demonic scrapcode ECM, ordinary computers either can’t keep up or are subject to subversion.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »

I play wolves and I feel the same.

As well as they've been designing all the new releases, I'd love to see what they could do with new Tyranid sculpts (or any xenos really)
    Hey lets not forget that Eldar got a new Harlequin character....
    that can only be taken in Imperial armies.

or what about that new character with the Shuriken catapult.....
    just kidding, also imperial only

It's practically the year of the Aeldari

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
    So, while these guys are cool, I can’t help but notice something a little… off:
    v4s2dicz9ymo.jpeg

Is it just me or is that mag in the yellow circle about twice as long as it should be if it’s supposed to fit like the one shown in the green circle?
    I mean ok he could be the one guy in the squad that uses extended mags because he’s special or something but…

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I think that guy's supposed to be reloading, he has a fresh mag in his left hand and is ejecting an empty one from his gun. I think. Also sorry if I got my gun terms wrong.

It's probably just perspective

The thing with craftworld eldar right now is that even if they get a big release like necrons are getting, the range has so, so many old models that need replacing, that we get either a probably pretty boring overhaul or something new. I can't imagine that we get both.
    The only way it might work to get all the aspects in plastic is probably with extremely lackluster kits like the banshees.

The thing with craftworld eldar right now is that even if they get a big release like necrons are getting, the range has so, so many old models that need replacing, that we get either a probably pretty boring overhaul or something new. I can't imagine that we get both.
    The only way it might work to get all the aspects in plastic is probably with extremely lackluster kits like the banshees.

It is the joke about in my lifetime I will get all plastic aspects
    But in the order I feel they need to do
    Warp Spiders
    Shining Spears
    Striking Scorpions
    Dark Reapers I still like the 1st edition ones personally
    Fire Dragons
    All the Phoenix Lords as well when they redo each in plastic
    Various other things like the warlocks and redoing the turret for the falcon

The bone they threw with the Howling Banshees was exciting as they really did plastics!
    I do feel they need to redo the guardians as the drukkari have a better troop sprue with the Kabalite Warrior