As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Who is the best HololiveEN member? Find out in the Vtuber thread!

Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri LibrarianRegistered User regular
https://youtu.be/8c4_22LjGQo
A virtual YouTuberor VTuber is an online entertainer who is represented by a (usually anime-inspired) digital avatar generated by computer graphics such as Live2D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6idptfgWE&feature=emb_title

Hololive just started it's English division, with a girl who is death, a chicken phoenix who loves fast food, a girl who talks to the old ones, a small shark from Atlantis, and a detective with a taste for opium

2ohWien.png
Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09

Who is the best HololiveEN member? Find out in the Vtuber thread! 67 votes

Mori Calliope
16%
cj iwakuraCentipede DamascusAndy JoeHadesXeinosvagrant_windsWarlock82GundiMs DapperSorceTryCatcher 11 votes
Takanashi Kiara
5%
HenroidturtleantSir PenguinChara Caroli 4 votes
Ninomae Ina'nis
8%
Mercutio87OptyBeastehAtomicTofuLord_AsmodeusDrascin 6 votes
Gawr Gura
49%
Houk the NamebringerGreen LanternElendilDarkPrimusCaulk Bite 6ReynoldsUnbrokenEvaOlivawTNTrooperHybridRingoPeewiMx. QuillDiarmuidCasually HardcoreMortal SkyAistanGarickElaroDHS 33 votes
Watson Amelia
19%
MulysaSemproniusBeef AvengerVicLockedOnTargetdestroyah87RadiusYamiB.Bluedude152SCREECH OF THE FARGVraknaDr. FlamingoPier777asofyeun 13 votes

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    obviously i liked the quote since i posted it in the other thread, but "Do what you gotta do. Do what you gotta do." from gawr felt like the most simple demonstration of one's sense of humour and i was here for it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Okay, seeing them interact with each other is great.

Calliope just loves to cuss. :D

Edit: I do appreciate that they called out the artist and rigger/modeller that made their characters possible.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Mori Calliope
    Gawr Gura: What is White Claw

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    So....

Having all five of a new Hololive group do their individual debut streams one after the other on the same day rather than stretch it over a week: Good idea.

Then having all five do their first collab stream right afterwards on the very same day while they're all in various stages of sleep depravation and/or nervous excitement: Probably not a great idea.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Gawr Gura: What is White Claw

"The drink of intellectuals"

Kiara loves saying "bamboozled" a lot. I assume she mains Mirage in Apex Legends?

EDIT: They just mentioned in passing that channel where the dude makes knives out of all sorts of materials?

EDIT 2: Gura made a reference to the GLOOP recording. Absolute legend.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Mori Calliope
    Gura with the GLOOP

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    So....

Having all five of a new Hololive group do their individual debut streams one after the other on the same day rather than stretch it over a week: Good idea.

Then having all five do their first collab stream right afterwards on the very same day while they're all in various stages of sleep depravation and/or nervous excitement: Probably not a great idea.

Yeah, a mix of exhaustion and not knowing exactly where they were going with things was a bit much. Once they have time to recover, something like Jack's Party Pack would be a good opportunity to build some cross team chemistry.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    the shark side....

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Mori Calliope
    Kiara is losing her fucking mind

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    GWAR Guru

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    "Any important announcements? Gura, you go first."
    "I'm a shark."

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Korone knows a little english

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

as a treat

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I can't believe they ended that stream by saying they were going to go live in a couple hours and KIARA WAS STILL GOING TO BE AWAKE.

Poor birdy...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Watson is watching Coco Meme Review chat is telling her to sleep, Kiara too.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    Javen wrote: »

it's actually pretty impressive how much her English has improved since she started, especially her pronunciation

there are tons of sounds in English that native Japanese speakers tend to have trouble with, and she's gotten much better at pretty much all of them

this isn't especially remarkable, but as a former English teacher in Japan I'm always happy to see someone progress so much

• Options
    Mori Calliope
    This is legit good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3xh8gs24c

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    DHS wrote: »

Okay, so, Coco... the dragon that Amelia referenced? A bilingual speaker? I'm... confused and enjoying this stream.

• Options
    Mori Calliope
    Athenor wrote: »

Okay, so, Coco... the dragon that Amelia referenced? A bilingual speaker? I'm... confused and enjoying this stream.

Coco does a lot of english content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hSvL4HwZog

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    yeah Coco is a native or near-native English speaker (she mostly sounds native, but once in a while she'll say something that has a hint of a non-native or at least secondary accent, though I've never been able to place it)

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura

She's the most fluent bilingual and does a reddit meme review, which has massively increased the cross cultural communication of the fanbase. Japanese fans are even showing up on reddit, which isn't a thing for them.

It's probably the reason she's the most Superchatted person on Youtube.

There was just huge burst of JP fans Superchatting with a terrible translation of "Superchat Time" in response to a meme about terrible Google Translation but non-japanese speaking fans. Everyone seems to be in on the joke, it's great.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Coco does a lot of english content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hSvL4HwZog

"What the fuck is a feet compilation"
    Oh my God

• Options
    Poor birb can't sleep... >.<

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCfoY3v9EWA
    Kiara looking to speedrun to the "pass out on stream" event. Please don't work yourself to death on the first day...

Edit: The rules from Haachan's chat currently:
    ・Don't talk in the chat.
    ・Be nice to other viewers. Don’t spam or troll.
    ・If you see spam or trolling, don’t respond. Just block, report, and ignore.
    ・Talk about the stream, but please don’t bring up unrelated topics or have personal conversations.
    ・Similarly, don’t talk about me or my stream in other streamers’ chat.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    Mori Calliope
    Kiara: I'm surprised I could watch a lot of Pikamee's Minecraft videos because I like games with like... good graphics.

lol

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Watson Amelia
    I don't know what the hell that Watson Amelia stream was but I'm very excited to see how her streams go in the future.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Kiara looking to speedrun to the "pass out on stream" event. Please don't work yourself to death on the first day...
    Going to have to go a long way to top Kiryu Coco streaming whilst on sleeping pills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcW75aH5WXE

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No joke, this is one of the best streams of Fall Guys I've ever seen.

• Options
    The stream snipers are trying to help her

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I also really enjoy the live translations.

Edit: Goddamn 27 hours awake and the adrenaline is finally kicking in. >.< Poor birb.

Athenor on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Gawr Gura
    i think my favorite thing about gawr so far is that she apparently just thinks that her trident, which is hers and belongs to her, is just called a fork and that's fine

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Gawr Gura
    yeah Coco is a native or near-native English speaker (she mostly sounds native, but once in a while she'll say something that has a hint of a non-native or at least secondary accent, though I've never been able to place it)

The quick lowdown on Coco:

She's a girl from Georgia who at some point lived in japan when she was a kid cause her dad was working there

Became big in to cosplay as a teen, and started uploading videos to niconico

Her videos of her playing through Siren games went super duper viral and she leveraged that in to working with hololive, as far as I can tell

This is her non-hololive affiliated youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ksonONAIR

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Gawr Gura

The quick lowdown on Coco:

She's a girl from Georgia who at some point lived in japan when she was a kid cause her dad was working there

Became big in to cosplay as a teen, and started uploading videos to niconico

Her videos of her playing through Siren games went super duper viral and she leveraged that in to working with hololive, as far as I can tell

This is her non-hololive affiliated youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/ksonONAIR

I had no idea about any of this

What a great origin story

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Gawr Gura
    For anyone not aware, Coco, Kanata and Suisei all just moved in to the same apartment

https://youtu.be/p1bDmwKJi0A

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Watson Amelia
    Just when I thought I couldn't like Korone even more.

• Options
    Gawr Gura
    https://youtu.be/TNzs1mmECek

E M B R A C E D E A T H

This discussion has been closed.