As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Adventures in Lordran - or tales of brave Sir Onion

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I’d live in Majula

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Even with the 3-5 feral hogs?

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    eh, they mostly keep to themselves

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Huh Dark souls II might be harder than III
    I wasn't expecting to breeze through it but there are a lot of enemies lol

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I honestly can't remember if Scholar is more bullshit than base DS2 or vice versa because it's been way too long since I played the original version. I know they added the dragon to Heide's and shifted a lot of items and enemies around. Something tells me that the base version of 2 trolled the player with the enemy placement more than Scholar, but I could be misremembering.

One thing that I really don't like is they seem to have added a bunch more fragrant branch statues early and less opportunities to get the branches. It led to me having to clear a chunk of shaded woods before I could go after the Ruin Sentinels.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    I honestly can't remember if Scholar is more bullshit than base DS2 or vice versa because it's been way too long since I played the original version. I know they added the dragon to Heide's and shifted a lot of items and enemies around. Something tells me that the base version of 2 trolled the player with the enemy placement more than Scholar, but I could be misremembering.

One thing that I really don't like is they seem to have added a bunch more fragrant branch statues early and less opportunities to get the branches. It led to me having to clear a chunk of shaded woods before I could go after the Ruin Sentinels.
    some parts are more bullshit, some are less

on the whole i would say it's a slight net gain in bullshit

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    DS2 will feel weirdly hard until you level up Adaptability enough

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Just beat the Demon of Hatred, feels good

Steam ID
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Is it just me...

or are Darkmoons like, consistently the worst players in the universe?

Kamar wrote: »
    Is it just me...

3?

it's a random summon covenant so the players are less likely to be totally prepped for pvp, and it's also a pain in the ass to farm the covenant reward items for the plat, so you get a lot more players in it who aren't dedicated pvp players. it's also a co-op covenant, and co-oping makes you turn your brain off

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Is it just me...

3?

it's a random summon covenant so the players are less likely to be totally prepped for pvp, and it's also a pain in the ass to farm the covenant reward items for the plat, so you get a lot more players in it who aren't dedicated pvp players. it's also a co-op covenant, and co-oping makes you turn your brain off

Could be 1, but it's a lot harder to get invaded by them in 1.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    yeah, i figured it was probably 3 because i'm not sure if blues have a rep in 1, but they definitely do in 3

i say this having both observed blues and been the blue

So, my friend has defeated Midir (after a ton of attempts, he ended up clearing the last quarter of its health after I died and barely finished it with a s-stagger-riposte) and Gael (he died to third phase transition on his first attempt solo, then he summoned me and we got him on the first try).

A combination of him being a much better player than he seems to think and the unrivaled might of sharp lothric+black knight shield with a ridiculous fuckton of dex.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I made it out of Ash Lake.

Now to make my way back to Undead Burg...

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

That might be the worst fight in the entire series to fight honestly, so you should feel damn proud for doin' it

I mean it's either that or the Bed of Chaos or the Royal Rat Authority

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    Olivaw wrote: »

That might be the worst fight in the entire series to fight honestly, so you should feel damn proud for doin' it

It's weird, Demon of Hatred was fine to me.

Not especially hard or weird.

Just sprint a lot and attack the ass.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    rhylith wrote: »

Scholar NG+ is some turbo BS with both Gravelord type enemy stand ins and about double the number of NPC invaders. And all of the new ones have PVP-esq builds. It's balanced though by have NPC summons you can find to help you clear entire areas, not just bosses.

manwiththemachinegun on
    I didn't play vanilla DS2, but SotFS Iron Keep is a nightmare and infamous for it.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The only saving grace of iron keep in either version is that its really lucrative to clean out the knights.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited September 2020
    Olivaw wrote: »

It's weird, Demon of Hatred was fine to me.

Not especially hard or weird.

Just sprint a lot and attack the ass.

Yeah I thought he was pretty fair all in all. It was just a matter of learning all his attacks, which to dodge and which to parry, and then being really methodical. He has a lot of life and punishes mistakes hard, but he was pretty low on bullshit. I found it fun.

I really had to fight my natural reaction to his unblockable sweep though. I knew I had to jump and yet I'd just keep hitting dodge and getting smoked. Had to force myself to rest my thumb on the jump button instead.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I made it out of blighttown and managed to break the curse I got from the basilisks.

Also got to the second undead parish bonfire (past the dragon)

It looks like it will be a WHILE before I can get the fire keeper back so... maybe I go back to the asylum?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I made it out of blighttown and managed to break the curse I got from the basilisks.

Also got to the second undead parish bonfire (past the dragon)

It looks like it will be a WHILE before I can get the fire keeper back so... maybe I go back to the asylum?

if you lost flink fire keeper, then the best thing to do is just continue progressing

if you've rung both bells, it's time to head to sens fortress

If you have already rung two bells it's time to go to a special happy place, the general direction will be the bonfire at Andre's

I haven’t rung both bells. Ugh, guess I gotta head back to Blighttown. That place blows!

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I haven’t rung both bells. Ugh, guess I gotta head back to Blighttown. That place blows!

in blighttown you're gonna wanna head to a hole in the big mound at the bottom with big shreks

you're find a lady with rude titties in there

edited September 2020
    Damn son wait a minute ring the other bell first you will probably crush it at this point
    Going back to the Asylum before Blighttown is a really good idea too though
    A certain ring will make the run back to the Boss less annoying

Peas on
    PiptheFair wrote: »

in blighttown you're gonna wanna head to a hole in the big mound at the bottom with big shreks

you're find a lady with rude titties in there

Well now I'm interested.

If you want an ally for that boss try popping a humanity and stroll outside your bonfire cave for a bit, someone will come to visit you for dinner
    You could persuade her to engage in jolly cooperation after that, her sign is right outside the boss's fog door

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    mori if you're already up near firelink you can stop by the shrine and buy the flash sweat spell from the pyromancer trainer, it'll be useful in the upcoming bossfight

I didn't play vanilla DS2, but SotFS Iron Keep is a nightmare and infamous for it.

iron keep sucks but the sanctum city wasn't better

edited September 2020
    Shorty wrote: »

iron keep sucks but the sanctum city wasn't better

I can reliably sprint through the Sanctum City

I can't say the same for the Smelter run

Kamar on
    Shorty wrote: »
    mori if you're already up near firelink you can stop by the shrine and buy the flash sweat spell from the pyromancer trainer, it'll be useful in the upcoming bossfight

I’ll do that! I think I was dicking around near the undead parish when I stopped playing, so I’ll be sure to check it out before I go back to Blighttown.

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I legit thought Mori had already rung the second bell, so it was my motivation to grab the last of the loot in the swamp and beat the spider lady and ring the bell (which I’ve actually never done before) AND join the chaos covenant?

Took me a while but I escaped Blight Town and fed all my shit to a giant snake thing.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

edited September 2020
    An actual thing you can do in game

Looking at the wiki page I have no idea that Frampt can actually break titanite ores down into lesser ones, I guess that would be really useful in a pinch
    Also he is kinda pervy huh from the trading list lol

Peas on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Frampt don't wanna talk to me anymore because I spoke to Kaathe. He's a bit of a dick.

frampt is a creep, yeah

he's also voiced by the narrator from the first Witcher game

I will hopefully manage to ring the second bell today. Gonna have to get back to blighttown first, though.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I will hopefully manage to ring the second bell today. Gonna have to get back to blighttown first, though.

Take the back entrance if you've unlocked the door from New Londo. Down the elevator at Firelink, over to the adjacent tower, out the door, across the plank, tunnel to the right leads straight to the water wheel and easy enough to reach the swamp at the bottom

Madican wrote: »

Take the back entrance if you've unlocked the door from New Londo. Down the elevator at Firelink, over to the adjacent tower, out the door, across the plank, tunnel to the right leads straight to the water wheel and easy enough to reach the swamp at the bottom

I did just that! Was a lot more manageable than going from the front, jeez.

I killed Queelaag! Not too bad though I did summon. Thanks to the actual player I summoned who basically just ended up as bait for the other antagonistic player who tried to kill me.

I summoned Maneater Mildred and used the Flash Sweat Pyromancy, which was SUPER helpful.

Now those gates are open and I'm wondering exactly how I'm going to get there, though...