As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Multiplayer Treachery Engine - Citadel Patch (April 2016)

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    "In Memoriam - Vile Rat" is the name of the forums, and is how the message was sent. This must be desperate, I apparently last logged on 98 months ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    f3rret wrote: »
    "In Memoriam - Vile Rat" is the name of the forums, and is how the message was sent. This must be desperate, I apparently last logged on 98 months ago.

Oh right, I forgot they had done that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I'm tempted. How fucked are things?

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

i'm afraid you're going to have to be more specific than that

as far as the war is concerned, Goons are painted into a corner. they are outnumbered but the strategic defenders advantages of Delve are extreme. When supers finally jump into Delve it should be a pretty remarkable battle.

If you're not in the war, the game is pretty fucked because 90% of the active players are all sucked into the war, leaving the rest of space either empty or full of bots.

• Options

It's gotta be pretty desperate if they are emailing anyone who's ever been in. I havent played in years and f3rret above said more than 8.

I've been pretty tempted since the mobile version came out and I dipped my toe back in, but I always just end up spinning in stations for hours and the gameplay never focuses on stuff I want to chill out and do.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't say desperate. Goons have been fortifying Delve for years, everyone is coming to burn our shit, the real world is a burning plague-scape and everyone is cooped up inside. There's no reason NOT to sound the horn really.

The number of returning vets is really touching. Players from historical memes are logging back in. It's a great time to fly in space :)

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Is merch still in goon? I got the email and was considering coming back and helping until I burn through my isk

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Still allied, yes.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Might resub after my current assignment is done. Already been kicked out of Delve once lol. How do clones work these days? Do jump clones still work? Think I last logged in Dek, but had a jump clone down near Delve as we were fighting there when I quit.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    So we're apparently at war with all of Nullsec and still managed to steal an entire region.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyKnottyOilNerfRedBlaster

• Options
    Might resub after my current assignment is done. Already been kicked out of Delve once lol. How do clones work these days? Do jump clones still work? Think I last logged in Dek, but had a jump clone down near Delve as we were fighting there when I quit.

Yeah jump clones are still a thing and they tweaked the cooldown a few years ago so you can skill up and wait less than 24 hours to switch. You also don't have to pause your training anymore.

In general, MANY quality of life improvements have happened over recent years. The bone of the game itself are in a really great place now.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Is mining mostly still for suckers and/or do organized mining parties happen? I kind of only really enjoyed that aspect of the game, chill out, laser rocks, drink and watch stuff on the internet.

I had a ok barge for mining that was in storage somewhere but its probably gone now. Had a Rokh that could tank rats while mining and it was a funny thing to do because it used to match some of the not as good barges.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Is mining mostly still for suckers and/or do organized mining parties happen? I kind of only really enjoyed that aspect of the game, chill out, laser rocks, drink and watch stuff on the internet.

I had a ok barge for mining that was in storage somewhere but its probably gone now. Had a Rokh that could tank rats while mining and it was a funny thing to do because it used to match some of the not as good barges.

Boy howdy, let me introduce you to the concept of ADM.

https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203354271-Activity-Defense-Multiplier

fadxz74xuc7a.png

PVE is now part of PVP. The more PVE you do, the stronger your defenses are in PVP.

And there are regular fleets for it.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Is mining mostly still for suckers and/or do organized mining parties happen?

its for suckers* AND they still happen!

*unless you own a rorq

• Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Screw it, I applied to Merch... got a bunch of isk to burn, so why not?

• Options
    I feel a deep sadness watching this install bar fill, knowing that I'm ending a 6-7 year winning streak.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Anyone in touch with Gorn?

• Options
    edited September 2020
    KiTA wrote: »
    Anyone in touch with Gorn?
    I PM'd him here (and like 20 other people) here but got no response. I don't have any other contact info.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I'm tempted. Not sure I actually want to play the game... Buuuut last I played, like 8 years ago, I got ISK for making propaganda posters for whatever war Goonswarm was fighting. Maybe I could do that again without actually having to undock.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

It's pretty much "Siege of Minas Tirith" fucked, but in a many sieges kind of way. Mittens isn't exaggerating when he talks about 3:1 odds.

As noted above, Delve does have some defensive advantages, and after NCPL whined to CCP to remove any possibility of shooting defended keepstars with subcaps, they're now hoist by their own petard; the resistance nerfs hit titans and supercarriers hard and the keepstars in Delve, of which there are so very many, can be defended for two timers each by a very substantial supercapital fleet indeed.

Thus the shilly-shallying and the "no, after you"-ing" by the hostiles of the last month. When this actually starts for real, and rumour has it that this Saturday is that date, they're going to have to sack up and accept that they're going to lose a lot of supercapitals to get done what they said they'd do.
    I feel a deep sadness watching this install bar fill, knowing that I'm ending a 6-7 year winning streak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ciiCyxOJA

V1m on
  • Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    I'm tempted. Not sure I actually want to play the game... Buuuut last I played, like 8 years ago, I got ISK for making propaganda posters for whatever war Goonswarm was fighting. Maybe I could do that again without actually having to undock.

You could do it without having to sub

• Options
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

V1m is right, you could do that without subbing... but it would be easier to communicate with the rest of us cranking out propaganda if you were in the same forum, Jabber and Discord. The other day the CEO of LAWN came in and gave us some business :)

N9pjfAk.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    I know the Horn of Goondor sounded but being physically incapable of using a mouse I've been playing Eve Echoes a lot instead. I'm going to give a rundown of my last month or so. Incoming wall of text.

I saw Eve Echoes on the app store and I remembered having good times with MRCHI years ago but not much else, figured I'd try out EE and see if it was fun. It had already been out a week but it turned out not to matter all that much.

I joined a random corp with some embarrassing name to get Free SP from the tutorial and that day there was a huge drama fest and half that corp left to form a new corp (literally called New Corp or NCO). They decided to move to a dead end system in Delve and despite not really remembering much about the game I followed them to Null Sec!

While out in KFIE-Z in Delve a random name passed through local and I said to myself "wait, that name looks familiar..." It was Anehiixii! After some snooping I discovered that the unofficial branch of Goons set up in UHKL only two jumps away.

I talked with some of them in local and they convinced me to jump ship and join KarmaFleet. I applied and got interviewed and joined into a trash fire.

Apparently a general insurrection was forming against the alliance head over... something? Well the people who had been nicest to me in the 24 hours I was there all went off to form one new entity. The alliance split into three: A group who we call Valfeet who wanted to stay loyal to the current alliance head, Groons who wanted to 'ditch the dead weight' of all the non-goon corps, and the ones I ended up following who's stated goal was to never have drama like this again and just have fun shooting spaceships.

In the last month Valfleet has fallen apart enough that their last corp GoonWaffe has signed on with our new alliance HappyBees, making the original GoonSwarm Empire alliance consist of essentially zero Goons.

The 'pure' SA Goon's group calling themselves Groons had another fracture and splintered in two again. I'm not sure how it all shook out but a new entity was formed called Goosefleet. They seem like decent fellows but they moved out of Delve so we have no contact with them really.

The group I joined is full of a bunch of genuinely good people who are universally out of our depth. Echoes has no API, no hangar logs, no alliance wallet, no coalitions. Only 200 members per Corp. Only 10 Corps per Alliance. We fight the game systems on every front because they never designed the game to support 3000+ people working in concert. We're children wearing their parents clothes. We're trying to duplicate mature complicated systems from EO that have had like two decades to form but without any of the tools that make those things anything less than a nightmare to run.

Since joining I've become very involved in this new HappyBees alliance. In the month since its formed I've gone from a complete Newbee to someone with no time to actually play the game.

All my work is done through Discord now. I spend my days coordinating material acquisitions for the HappyBees industry programs. I'm in charge of setting and enforcing policy about mining, defending miners, Planetary Interaction materials, etc. A lot of my work these days has to do with a currency we accidentally invented. It started as basically Gamestop store credit. "You give us 10 million isk worth of materials, we write it down instead of giving you isk, you buy a ship we take 10 million isk off" and now we have people who are BeeBux billionaires and people are trading Beebux among themselves and Corporations are clamoring for Corp Beebux Wallets so they can pay their members in bux instead of isk. The taxes in EE are insane (like 22% or something if you buy from the market) so anything that avoids taxes is instantly popular, and our bux are backed by being able to buy ships from the Alliance at a tiny bit above cost but way below market.

I've been having a blast spinning plates and we've broken quite a few but we're getting better. The Horn of Goondor stole a large part of our leadership (for example Silmerias who is a baller Fleet Commander and was leading our pvp division has very little time for EE right now) but we've been stepping up to do what we can to hold things together.

If any of you are playing or want to play hit me up!

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I've been playing Echoes quite a bit as a minder/industry type with some low-skill PvP hours mixed in. Everything about quality-of-life is 100% true. The market UI doesn't have sort by. Sort by.
    On the other hand today I answered an alliance CTA that went up while I was mining, and joined a fleet of 100+ ships in my mighty 100dps Thrasher to partake in a legit (and victorious!) pitched battle for territory defense. It's Eve "enough" even with the rough edges and un-milled burrs.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Is this the place to talk about Eve Echoes? Despite my distaste in playing a Chinese made game, it's pretty close to EVE on mobile which is great for me. My problem with Eve was there was a so much downtime where nothing was happening. Now I can have my phone next to my workstation and only check it every few minutes. I've been doing some hi-sec mining and it's actually quite lucrative for my 3 day old character, I can get 100k-150k per trip out to the nearest belt and it only takes 15 seconds of attention every few minutes. That probably sounds low but it's better than the 2k-4k bounties I was getting for ratting.

Any PA corps recruiting? I played a bit of old Eve, was in null space for a few months but left when my corpmates stopped playing. My only PVP experience was taking part of an op that ended with us being killed by stealth bombers without seeing an enemy.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    this is the place to talk about eve echoes and its also the place for me to make funny faces at people who play eve echoes

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    Korror wrote: »
    Is this the place to talk about Eve Echoes? Despite my distaste in playing a Chinese made game, it's pretty close to EVE on mobile which is great for me. My problem with Eve was there was a so much downtime where nothing was happening. Now I can have my phone next to my workstation and only check it every few minutes. I've been doing some hi-sec mining and it's actually quite lucrative for my 3 day old character, I can get 100k-150k per trip out to the nearest belt and it only takes 15 seconds of attention every few minutes. That probably sounds low but it's better than the 2k-4k bounties I was getting for ratting.

Any PA corps recruiting? I played a bit of old Eve, was in null space for a few months but left when my corpmates stopped playing. My only PVP experience was taking part of an op that ended with us being killed by stealth bombers without seeing an enemy.

I'm currently in one of the corps that you join just to get your 500k skill points. I do mission ratting occasionally and sell the story missions on the market. I've lost two Slasher II's to taking on more than I can chew. I'm having fun[tm].

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The Echoes corp I'm in just joined a nullsec alliance and I'm preparing my doctrine ships to send out to our station. Then, after I've tried shipping down some cheapie ships, I'll try bringing in my slightly-better personal ratting and mining ships (VNI, Venture 3). Then I live in nullspace!

This is exciting, I spent some time with MERCHI in null MANY years ago and it was fun zipping around being paranoid all the time.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    hello

my corp in eve online is recruiting. if you are playing eve echoes and enjoying the fresh feel, you might like a non-goonswarm experience in the real game, because it plays very different than how being a citizen of Delve currently plays

my corp has a few very experienced and skilled pilots that like teaching people how to play. it's mostly PVP focused but we have people who do it all

https://www.reddit.com/r/evejobs/comments/j6x77i/bake_a_newbro_friendly_pvp_corp/

Jasconius on
  • Options
    VermillionPeaceVermillionPeace Registered User regular
    Nothing about how Trigs like me now have our own systems [after yoinking them from Caldari] with hookers and blackjack and our own CONCORD and how we don't need no The Man.

eon9gmbapc5x.jpg

• Options
    xcbbjr4yb140.png

If you can't win, crash the server so your opponent can't fight back.

• Options
    strange how their entire capital fleet managed to load grid just fine : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    From what I gather as an outsider looking in, deployable spam used to be a bannable offense? If that is no longer the case, Delve will be an even tougher fortress to assault if Goons do the same thing? So a potentially win the battle, lose the war sort of outcome for the attackers?

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    there's a rule in the game that you can't arbitrarily spam the grid with things like jetcans and drones and other debris

once upon a time people like gatecampers would do this to make it hard for people to activate their cloaks when dropping their gatecloak, the side effect was that it would also lag people out enough that they might not be able to react to the situation

if you do this today, and you get reported for it, you can get tempbanned

i dont think that rule applies here. there is a clear and strategic reason for their bubbling up the grid, it wasn't done to excess... it was done exactly as it is needed to protect a gigantic anchoring citadel that is almost as big as a moon...

GSF wont need to do this to their own keeps. PAPI isn't going to conga-line ravens onto fitted online keep grids. They're going to put their entire titan fleet on the keep and dare GSF to wade into them

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Jasconius wrote: »
    strange how their entire capital fleet managed to load grid just fine : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

Yeah, because they were there before the probes were launched. And it doesn't matter if their cap fleet was there or not, since there's a stupid real time timer while all gameplay is slowed to 15+ minutes per system call.

Jasconius wrote: »
    GSF wont need to do this to their own keeps. PAPI isn't going to conga-line ravens onto fitted online keep grids. They're going to put their entire titan fleet on the keep and dare GSF to wade into them

They did that. We waded in with ratting droneboats and other ships and killed the keep anyway.

5 times. In a row.

Then they decided to spam just under 1000 combat probes during extreme TIDI and wiggle them around to lag out the server. "Hah it was only 150 bubbles :smug smug smug:." Even though the bubbles were nested like a matroska doll, because they were just putting them out there to spam deployables.

Remember, they don't have to stop Goons from loading grid forever. They just have to, thanks to the stupid mechanics of "real time 15 minute countdown but you need 10 minutes to push a button," stop Goons from being able to do anything for a few seconds of relative time. Which they did, via screwing with the server.

But it's TEST and they're reddit-tier losers, so whatever. I can't wait for the "Goon Rule" to be applied to us when we do it right back to them.

KiTA on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    So did they finally get a Keepstar onlined?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    yes, papi has a keepstar online in delve now

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    How long is it going to survive?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    that's purely speculative... there's no strong reason for the goons to assault the keep right now

the presence of the keep effectively shuts off delve from mining & ratting, but also they are outnumbered, a forward assault on a fitted keep would probably result in a major defeat

the major question is how and when does goonswarm defend, and how much longer can they sustain morale in the face of what is a near certain defeat

the only way goons can win now is with a massive supercap victory whilst outnumbered

• Options
    Have you considered sheer bloodyminded persistance?