As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam]-vember. Time to stuff yourself full...of games.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    How good is the DLC for Surge 2?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    *twitches*

First @Orivon pelts me several hours in a row with games. A lot for day 36. Several for day 33. Day 25 and 3 have new entries as well.
    @Spoit then gifts me Among Us which looks like good fun. Who does not like to stab your friend in their backs.
    @destroyah87 then wanted to test the Euroshield with a personal favourite of his.

Thank you all very much. <3<3
    Utter insanity though.
    q6d8n5k6ue58.jpg
    w7y07am6s3nj.jpg
    pis9uvcbib1q.jpg

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Do we have an Among Us PA group/Discord? I've been dying to play with people in comms.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    @JaysonFour sent me Runespell: Overture off my wishlist! I think this was on my wishlist longer than any other game because even during the major sales it didn't go on sale. Thanks for the gift!
    qq58vhv99dt2.png

Fake edit: Looking at steamdb the last time it was on sale was July 2017.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    q02j8chz357e.png

@JaysonFour gave me fangs.

I like vampires. Yes, yes I do.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Why are there so many games named OIK on Steam?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @CorriganX noticed I had Operencia: The Stolen Sun wishlisted and decided he couldn't let that stand.

thanks for the game mate.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Why are there so many games named OIK on Steam?

That's nothing, check how many Zup! games there are. Back when "stuff thousands of achievements into a cheap game" was a big trend on Steam, there was a sub-trend of minimalist puzzle games like those two. Some of them are rubbish, obviously, but Oik and Zup! - Zup! especially - are actually quite fun, for the price.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Paradise Killer is the happiest Lovecraftian murder mystery I have ever experienced. Its closer to Danganropa than Obra Dinn, but with better writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV1zhg7P5N4

You are a detective-cultist investigating the slaughter of the Council right on the brink of their second-to-last step towards the apocalypse.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    How good is the DLC for Surge 2?

Kraken gets mostly negative reviews so I haven't tried myself. Rest is just additional items.

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Turns out @Orivon wasn't actually done earlier. He wants me to find some cute cats hidden around the place. Helps rats build a civilization, enjoy more VNs/adventure games. And finally appreciate some neon sights. Thanks a lot. <3<3
    qdx5fnvy8ubi.jpg

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Defenders Awakened lately, so I was planning on putting off rebuying Kingdom of Amalur until a sale...

But apparently sometime last night between when I took my ambien and went to sleep, I bought it and played nearly half an hour.

I only kind of slightly remember that? I need to start getting in the habit of locking my PC before taking it. This isn't the first time I've bought a game without remembering it until I look at my library.

So uh...does anyone know if the change to the way zones level (instead of locking to when you enter the first time, they recalculate every time you enter, within a range of levels; ditto for chests in areas) effects the starter DLC chest of crap? I've heard mixed messages on whether some, or any, of that gear scales (it didn't in the original, but the chest rolled when you entered the zone, which was usually level 1; now, unless it is coded independently, should roll when you open it the first time), and am wondering if I should get a couple levels to get those early purples a bit better? I know all gear gets outleveled super fast, and by and large that is nearly all useless after about 10 minutes; but still just curious if anyone has tested it.

EDIT: found a comment on a guide for that stuff on the community page, a person said they got to level 10 before they touched the chest, and none of it scaled.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    You should erase your credit cad info from steam as well. Make it harder for Ambien-you to sabotage your wallet.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Can someone explain how Puyo Puyo Tetris is supposed to work? How are two players play two very different puzzle games against each other be balanced? Especially since Puyo Puyo is the more complex one.

Its getting a sequel that I'd be interested in, if I could understand it.

It's pretty much what you'd expect where lines from Tetris send blank Puyos and the number sent depends on how many lines are cleared and vice versa based on chaining Puyos. The best mode for us has been the one where you play Puyo for like thirty seconds, then it flips over to your Tetris board for thirty and then back to Puyo and so on. It's really fun, the wife and I have spent hours on the Switch version.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    You should erase your credit cad info from steam as well. Make it harder for Ambien-you to sabotage your wallet.

That is a good call, thank you!

• Options
    I've been rolling an idea around in my head the past few days and I want to throw it out here, because it's a large collection of PC gamers, who will likely have similar considerations.

I had been planning on getting (probably both) at least one of the next gen consoles this fall. I've got the money set aside and plan on catching preorders when they go live.

However, with the info on the 3000 series Nvidia cards, it is reminding me that I have an exceptionally powerful GPU (2080ti), that won't need replacing anytime soon; and an exceptionally underpowered CPU (4790 i7; a powerhouse in its time, but it is well below super affordable modern CPU's, and overclocking isn't going to come close to closing that gap), and as of yet, I haven't seen a single game for these consoles that I can't also play on the PC, and for the past year I've barely played anything on consoles other than my Switch, which isn't getting replaced anytime soon.

So I've started to consider just passing on the consoles right now and just getting a new cpu/mobo/ram for probably the same price range, and improve all the games I'm already playing, and a lot of games I will be playing in the forseeable future. I mean, on paper, if I brought up those things, I'd have a system more powerful than either of the new consoles. I guess the main drawback is moving my PC is a garbage proposition, so I can't take advantage of our 4k TV, and moving a console to the other room is pretty trivial. And, I guess, just generally always wanting the newest consoles? I suppose I didn't get the PS4 or XB1 for a couple years, it wouldn't kill me to not have the new ones immediately, particularly when nothing notable is even being released immediately.

As you can probably tell, I think I already know the correct answer; maybe I'm just looking for reassurance from a group of people who are already addicted to PC gaming :lol: or maybe remind me of something I might be missing. Maybe I'll just get one of the new consoles and upgrade my PC with the money for the other. I suppose if I did that, despite thinking the PS5 looks absurdly stupid, it's more likely to eventually have games I can't play on the PC, and the XBSX is by Microsofts own intention, going to basically have anything on it, also on PC..hrmm..

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Completed Spiral Scouts! Well all but the secret ending stuff and man I'm already bad at puzzles and would have no idea if the guide I had kept mentioning it.

Not helped that I took a big break before completing it.

Still a fun, cutesy-looking but very not safe for children puzzle game. I just get kinda worn out with puzzles cause I'm not that smert.

Thanks again to @JaysonFour for the gift!

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    @The Dude With Herpes It sounds like one of your biggest concerns is couch gaming, you can always stream from your PC to your TV. With the right set-up it works very well, especially with a wired connection.

If you've already got a very powerful GPU I think upgrading a PC is a no-brainer over buying a new console. You'll wind up with a similar cost, similar performance, but way more flexibility.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I've been rolling an idea around in my head the past few days and I want to throw it out here, because it's a large collection of PC gamers, who will likely have similar considerations.

I had been planning on getting (probably both) at least one of the next gen consoles this fall. I've got the money set aside and plan on catching preorders when they go live.

However, with the info on the 3000 series Nvidia cards, it is reminding me that I have an exceptionally powerful GPU (2080ti), that won't need replacing anytime soon; and an exceptionally underpowered CPU (4790 i7; a powerhouse in its time, but it is well below super affordable modern CPU's, and overclocking isn't going to come close to closing that gap), and as of yet, I haven't seen a single game for these consoles that I can't also play on the PC, and for the past year I've barely played anything on consoles other than my Switch, which isn't getting replaced anytime soon.

So I've started to consider just passing on the consoles right now and just getting a new cpu/mobo/ram for probably the same price range, and improve all the games I'm already playing, and a lot of games I will be playing in the forseeable future. I mean, on paper, if I brought up those things, I'd have a system more powerful than either of the new consoles. I guess the main drawback is moving my PC is a garbage proposition, so I can't take advantage of our 4k TV, and moving a console to the other room is pretty trivial. And, I guess, just generally always wanting the newest consoles? I suppose I didn't get the PS4 or XB1 for a couple years, it wouldn't kill me to not have the new ones immediately, particularly when nothing notable is even being released immediately.

As you can probably tell, I think I already know the correct answer; maybe I'm just looking for reassurance from a group of people who are already addicted to PC gaming :lol: or maybe remind me of something I might be missing. Maybe I'll just get one of the new consoles and upgrade my PC with the money for the other. I suppose if I did that, despite thinking the PS5 looks absurdly stupid, it's more likely to eventually have games I can't play on the PC, and the XBSX is by Microsofts own intention, going to basically have anything on it, also on PC..hrmm..

Assuming you can swing it, PS5 along with a powerful PC seems like a good way to go next-gen with Microsoft's dedication to bringing their first-party output to PC. Everything else is either going to be PS5 exclusive or multi-platform. Unless you really, really prefer the feel of the Xbox controller to the PlayStation controller I don't see a whole lot of need to have both a Series X and a beefcake PC.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    q02j8chz357e.png

@JaysonFour gave me fangs.

I like vampires. Yes, yes I do.

Thanks! <3<3<3

Hold up. There’s a sequel/follow up to Coteries of New York, and it’s focused on the Lasombra?

I’ll have to get on that!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    If you are going to do a CPU/MOBO/RAM upgrade, I'd suggest waiting until AMD has their CPU conference in the beginning of october.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    So the topic of cat games came up in Steam chat, and I made a mention I didn't own two games in a certain series.

And now, well...

3i5t6y7bucw9.png

209380uita95.png

Many thanks to @Orivon for Hidden Paws: Mystery and Summer Paws! I guess it's time to go off kitteh hunting again! I could always use some fresh recruits...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    My son and I have decided to hold off on the next consoles for awhile for similar reasons actually. We both have moderate gaming systems (mine needs a better video card but otherwise fine) and we both have XBOnes and Switches so we're just not seeing the need to jump yet.

I'm sure he'll cave first since he's a teenager with peer pressure and only has the XBone S (I have the X) but we just don't see a value in them at the moment so we're at least waiting until summer. We recently wall mounted a 4k tv in his room and hooked that to his PC as well and it works great.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

I was in a similar spot earlier in the summer, and I upgraded to a Ryzen 3600X for around $200, and the difference is substantial. Now, I do think I had an even worse processor than you did, but I'm just re-emphasizing that excellent processor upgrades are extremely affordable at the moment.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Get a console once there's games. Right now they haven't even done that.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

I'll buy a PS5 once Horizon Forbidden West releases. Not before.

I have a simple rule with buying consoles, I won't pick one up until there's a game that I have to play and is exclusive to it alone.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Unsure if Steam thread is hype for Squadrons in a few weeks, but I am.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VmOqjV_7Q

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I have a simple rule with buying consoles, I won't pick one up until there's a game that I have to play and is exclusive to it alone.

I'm pretty sure that Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a launch game so that's what I'm picking up the PS5 for initially. I'm also pretty excited that my $50 AC: Valhalla preorder will grant me a PS5 version when it releases.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I need at least three such games before I pull the trigger but yeah

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Crap. I just dropped $100 on two years of Game Pass and told my wife that would be the only money I'd be spending on games for a while.

...how long until it hit EA Play?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

My hype is there, I'm mostly just worried about how badly EA will EA Squadrons.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    EA will EA the fuck out of it.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Man, I so want to pre-order this now. Probably the first one I've wanted to pre-order in a long time.

Edit: Pre-ordered this on PS4 since I have PSVR for it. Just couldn't control myself after watching this video.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    So - the nightmare continues. Please let me know if you would like me to move my Dollar Store version of video game characters into the Sims thread - I couldn't immediately find it but I can certainly raise it from the dead.

Here's Ash and sort-of-Pikachu. One thing you should know - the Gallery in the Sims is full of Pikachus. However, the majority of them are cats, which isn't right. Pikachu needs to be built on a dog because I want him to behave like a dog, not a tiny yellow asshole. Second to those are people versions of Pikachu, and I didn't want to go that route. So instead, I created my own dog version of Pikachu - and he's interesting. Ash needs a little tweaking still too - but I think they are good enough for the neighborhood I'm creating which will be basically the Google Play store versions of popular characters.

45xivmjxhsdk.png

pvxrtv7nyobu.png

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pikachu is a tiny yellow asshole.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Terrierchu

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Pikachu and Ash's initial interactions were the former trying to electrocute the latter repeatedly.

• Options
    It's less the asshole thing and more that the game treats dogs more like companions and less like the disinterested roommates that cats truly are. I think my next goal will be either houses, alternate outfits, or Phillips CDi Link.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    pvxrtv7nyobu.png

I'm going to have literal nightmares about this.

Outstanding work.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

I require there to be 3-5 games I want on a single console that I can't play elsewhere for me to be willing to pick said console up. It shouldn't be a high bar to clear, and yet . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
This discussion has been closed.