As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] What We Do in the Shadows (Beyond Light expansion coming Nov. 10!)

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It's about time we got Minotaur 2.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Marty came out a month or two back and said they looked at going back to Microsoft before he was fucked over.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    This beauty finally arrived.
    S57C2xal.jpg

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Marty came out a month or two back and said they looked at going back to Microsoft before he was fucked over.

i think today's reports are about more recent attempts though. most likely as part of Phil Spencer's spending spree, so late 2017 onward.

I guess minecraft was easier, given that they had all that captive offshore dough they couldn't bring back.

It would be nice to see them re-acquire bungie, from the standpoint that bungie would immediately have better financial security (get fucked Tess, time to get a real job) and possibly back to having third party studio backing to do things. I mean, probably wind up being get fucked playstation, but I don't own one so uh, I wouldn't be too worried on that front. Sorry aboot your luck if does happen tho, eh? I'd like to think they'd be magnanimous about playstation support at least for a few years until Destiny 3 or whatever we wind up calling it comes out.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    I guess minecraft was easier, given that they had all that captive offshore dough they couldn't bring back.

It would be nice to see them re-acquire bungie, from the standpoint that bungie would immediately have better financial security (get fucked Tess, time to get a real job) and possibly back to having third party studio backing to do things. I mean, probably wind up being get fucked playstation, but I don't own one so uh, I wouldn't be too worried on that front. Sorry aboot your luck if does happen tho, eh? I'd like to think they'd be magnanimous about playstation support at least for a few years until Destiny 3 or whatever we wind up calling it comes out.

I have difficulty imagining anyone acquiring Bungie and saying, "Hmm, this eververse income... nah, we have enough money. Let's get rid of that."

Especially Microsoft. They're not EA but they love the fuck out of getting money over time for not doing much of anything new.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Marathon 4 baybeeeeee

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    8x6pmp5j4yii.png

in the final game (I only had to win 1 more as a sentry) I missed two snipes on a guy so I let go of my mouse and keyboard, picked up the controller next to me, hit jump once so it would swap to controller input, popped back around the corner and headshot him with the controller aim assist

god bless

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    in the final game (I only had to win 1 more as a sentry) I missed two snipes on a guy so I let go of my mouse and keyboard, picked up the controller next to me, hit jump once so it would swap to controller input, popped back around the corner and headshot him with the controller aim assist

god bless

Holy smokes, that's delightful.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm just sitting here laughing out loud thinking about this. Every once in a while I think of it and just have to go take a look.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40144470/#Comment_40144470

@Disrupter

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    When I saw a notification I was like “there’s a 50% chance this is about super mitboost gates“

616610-1.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    They should not stop me from doing this to people. It is extremely funny, and also they probably deserve it.

https://gameclips.io/Elkamil/4690b739-f8e0-45fa-b988-a0a4872728b4

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    They should not stop me from doing this to people. It is extremely funny, and also they probably deserve it.

what gun is that

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »

what gun is that

Mountaintop, grenade launcher that shoots rockets of a sort. It's one of the guns that's being deprecated or whatever.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I was running Last Word yesterday with Truthteller and Lion Rampant. It was feeling great and I was shredding. Life was good. Thought I was pretty smart. Even had charged with light mods to help it.

Frostbolt posted a video like many hours before that he shot during Solstice running the same thing. Elaborate sigh.

It's a lot of fun, though, and Last Word works great with Lion Rampant.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

Giving people who are proven good at Crucible even better guns is game design thinking that would give the fastest qualifier in a foot race a moped for the final race. Yesterday's Iron Banner was an incredible shit show, on the back of Bungie's laughable matchmaking and current Crucible sandbox. At one point, I started a match and 3 of my team just quit (or never truly matched in). So I threw up my hands and left too. I waited 3 or 4 minutes in orbit, then entered matchmaking queue.

Same match, now at like 52 to 10. Why would you even match players to that, what is WRONG with you. The previous night, we got mercied by a team led by someone with a top 500 ELO ranking. Cool to have us fighting someone like that, cool. "We're breaking up those teams". Next match? Same team. Mercied again. Seriously this game can go *** itself on the current design.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

what gun is that

Mountaintop, grenade launcher that shoots rockets of a sort. It's one of the guns that's being deprecated or whatever.

oh i guess i have just watched it be fired at me, and never watched it be fired. That's a wild gun

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mountaintop is so much fun in PvE, but yeah it's a bit too powerful. It's way too powerful in PvP.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Mountaintop was funny for a few months but I'm not a fan of it now, it ruins 6v6 queues and I dread seeing it in Trials, even if in a few season the latter wouldn't happen much

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    It really seems like one that would have been an exotic, as at least then there's a cost to taking it.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    In general handing out better weapons for going good in PvP is degenerate.

It sort of is for PvE as well but folks care a lot less if PvE is degenerate.

The AI doesn't have a sense of fairness and won't stop populating instances if it thinks things are unfair.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited September 2020
    I still think they could have left the pinnacles as is and made them exotics, but MT is just straight up better than most other GLs even Fighting Lion

I'm ok with having fun guns to chase in every mode, PvP included. Unfortunately during Forsaken they said fuck it and made some of the most broken guns ever pinnacles. Revoker is still fucking up PvP. What really annoys me is they nerfed some that didn't even feel that bad, like Luna's and NF, which was way more of a pain to get than MT or Recluse.

Local H Jay on
    The pinnacle rewards for getting to the top of PVP/performing crazy PVP feats basically should have always been dope looking armor and it's baffling that any other discussion even happened

IDK one of my favorite guns from D1 Trials was the Doctrine and the Adept version was barely better than the normal, still felt badass to use and reflected my Trials hustle

• Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    There was a time where some of the best PVP weapons came from PVE, and best PVE weapons from PVP. Encouraging playing both.

Then like Lunas(pre-nerf), Recluse, Mountaintop, Revoker shat on all of that. Or maybe not entirely, since they were also some best in slot for PVE.

I also thought it was funny that initial impressions after reveal of each of those were lackluster or indifferent, and then whoops.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I think that just proves what we've always known to be true, Destiny players are well and truly foolish.

IDK one of my favorite guns from D1 Trials was the Doctrine and the Adept version was barely better than the normal, still felt badass to use and reflected my Trials hustle

yeah there's definitely Room To Maneuver but brand new guns that are obviously the strongest things...truly baffling

Don't worry, they surely wouldn't just bring them right back, ri-
    uc4wmy6bxh5p.png

😳

I'd heard complaints about the appearance of those but hadn't actually seen them. Did they just paste the same purple cloth thing on all the images? At first I thought it was clipping through parts of the model on Recluse down there but then I noticed the wrappy bit doesn't even line up with the barrel on whatever that handcannon is on the top left.

That's a meme image I believe, mocking the Adored

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Its a joke image that makes fun of the fact that the new Beyond Light pursuit weapon Adored looks exactly like a Beloved, just with a fucking scarf on it.

Sirialis on
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    It's important to make sure your guns are snug and comfy!

Ahh. I'd heard about the scarf but didn't know the details.

am i the only destiny 2 player who does not give a shit about the adored looking the same as the beloved

they're very obviously supposed to be related guns idk, every issue I have with it basically stems from like...sunsetting. but in the context of sunsetting existing if you want to make graphical adjustments to a gun people like so that it's visually a little different and then re-release it, sure, fine

It genuinely dosent bother me either. I just think that guardians are exactly the sort of weridos to wrap their guns up in blankies.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I don't care that it looks the same but I think it feeds neatly into the "Bungie is incompetent and just tries to give us things we already have" narrative that a lot of Destiny players seem to embrace, despite putting hundreds and hundreds of hours into the game.

Like seriously guys make up your minds, Bungie is bad or Destiny is good but it can't be both, the game isn't good in spite of them, they made it.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited September 2020
    Eh, I care that they reuse assets so much. Especially in terms of being excited to chase guns. I enjoyed that the moon guns at least had a unique theme and look.

It does feel like sometimes bungie takes things away just to give them back with a new coat of paint and yeah it's a little tiresome

I definitely don't think it's lazy, but hurts my hype with the overall feeling of "is this new?"

Local H Jay on
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    The fact that Chaperone's ornament increases the range at which damage falloff starts because the model has a slightly longer barrel has given me Some Thoughts about why they keep reusing existing models with extra bobs and whatsits.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    There's one pursuit weapon for the season? Or perhaps for the expansion pack. That is not the place to kitbash. That's like kitbashing an exotic. Bungie is both good and bad at once, your binary suggested earlier is fundamentally flawed. They make good content that is fun to play and then kneecap it with horrible decision making, or cut corners in areas that are EXTREMELY visible, rather than less harmful places. Making some of the new guns from the upcoming seasons redos? Sure, depending on the choices, people might even like that. Making the big ticket reward gun for doing the big quest a reskin? What... reaction did they expect? Are they going to release Soft Light as the next seasonal exotic?