As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    End of an era. But, sounds like his new position will be pretty fun/cool.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    TLO is leaving TL after over a decade.

https://youtu.be/4v096jwc1Jo

Holy shit. I'm pretty sure he is the longest tenured continually-active member of a competitive team in all of eSports.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    last night's GSL group was insanity

Parting Maru Byun Stats

a group straight out of 2017 or even 2012

every single match and game was well worth a watch, but Maru vs Parting game 2 ESPECIALLY.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    decided to do my placement matches for the new season last night

3-0 later, I played a Diamond player who spent 6 minutes of a 16 minute match supply blocked and floated over 3k minerals at 130 supply.

I would have expected skill levels to be higher on average since 2013, 2014 when I last played, not lower.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Ugh.... no... no I'm not coming back

You can't make me!!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    this man's tilted off the planet

https://streamable.com/4lodxl

• Options
    This is a great series by Harstem, "Is It Imba Or Do I Suck" where he takes replays by people who are angry about imba things in another race and Harstem explains why it's not imba and they suck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4LeEQ1tB-E

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Harstem is great. Dude is hilarious and also genuinely helpful and informative.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Blizzard officially announces that Starcraft II is ending "active development." Sounds like no more paid content and just maintenance and occasional balance patches going forward.

• Options
    Yeah, i'm pretty bummed out about it. I know that the current competitive setup is locked in for a couple more years, but sad that a lot of other blizzard sponsored stuff won't be happening.

• Options
    Huh, I saw Artosis post a video about it but didn't realize it was a full blizz stop.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    They haven't really been doing much aside from the battle chest things for ranked play anyway. Maybe theyll work on something else worthwhile, but blizzard hasnt really been firing on all (any) cylinders lately.

• Options
    I don't actually play the game at all, but weren't co-op commanders pretty popular?

• Options
    My understanding is co-op is really popular (and it's also a bunch of fun) but I imagine there are diminishing returns regarding getting people to buy new ones as they come out. The mode is also a titch low on maps and Blizzard is somehow really bad at promoting it (and SC2 in general) outside of to people who already play the game.

• Options
    yeah they needed to spend some time adding new missions/maps and less time with commanders

there's more commanders now than there are missions

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently, I wrote this on my Facebook page 10 years ago today:

“My TvP has improved significantly since adopting the 1/1/2 Hellion to Banshee build. Now I need some good builds for TvZ and TvT. Bonus points if you understood anything I just typed.”

Those were the days. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Banshees? What are those?

• Options
    somewhere along the lines StarCraft 2 switched from being a contemporary game to being an old game and I don't really know exactly when it happened

• Options
    Happened exactly when you yourself turned old.

Old man...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    It happened when people could make money playing LoL instead. Why struggle trying to control 100 units at 300 apm when you could control 1 at 60 apm? Then battle royale games came out and we're somehow in the worst timeline.

• Options
    yo I just want to put out that our very own Ryan Schutter, @rts , creator of Gameheart, has joined the new RTS studio that's being HYPED TO FUCK

https://www.frostgiant.com/

along with Day9's mum, incidentally.

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Gotta love the 'cofounder of Day[9]tv' title.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That's dope. Really stoked to see what comes out of that studio.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I was just wondering a couple weeks ago what Ryan was up to these days, very nice.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    It's pretty neat, but I feel like a lot of fine-but-not-earth-shattering things have come out of dev teams touted as having been assembled with ex-Blizzard star developers. There's also just something sort of inherently shifty to me about a company hyping up the announcement of themselves even existing. It's very "silicon valley start-up with no product." I dunno.

I don't want to be a downer, either; I am really curious about whatever rts they'll end up actually announcing, and this seems about as close as it gets to my real dream of StarCraft changing hands away from modern Blizzard and to a dedicated developer less prone to corporate interference.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best and expecting disappointment.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    I don't think this was mentioned here but Morheim has also started his own studio very recently.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Artosis interview with some of the Frost Giant group :)

https://www.facebook.com/Artosis/videos/395847158445578/

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I was hoping Blizzard would add one more set of skins to each race before they stopped supporting the game, so I could map them to the five Magic: The Gathering colors. :(

• Options
    edited November 2020
    yo the GSL code S finals that aired last night was absolutely lit

spoilers just because the thumbnail shows who's in the finals in case you've been watching and are behind:

At one point Tasteless goes "each game in this series is the best game I've ever seen."

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ... I used to be 'sumbody, Jimmy

ainjm4v8b772.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    that UI is a throwback, wow

• Options
    xx35fz4on9s9.png

• Options
    ESL has 10k viewers right now.

I also see other streamers with relatively high numbers.

Hell, Artosis gets 1k+ and he's only on bw.

Also found an sc2 female toss streamer that only cheeses, master. Let's just say... oh my.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    ESL has 10k viewers right now.

I also see other streamers with relatively high numbers.

Hell, Artosis gets 1k+ and he's only on bw.

Also found an sc2 female toss streamer that only cheeses, master. Let's just say... oh my.

Dude, you cheating’ on Tossgirl?!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Just beat Starcraft 1 Episode 1 for the first time. Definitely got some old jank to it, but still had fun. Last mission was a bit of a difficulty spike. After a couple failed attempts, I pulled up the controls, found out how to make unit groups, and was able to beat it in an attempt or two.
    It's a bit weird, those unit groupings feel more or less necessary to be able to effectively control the sort of large, combined arms army you need to win that mission, but I don't think the game ever tutorializes you on it. Only reason I thought to check the controls and thus found out about them was some vague recollection that people good at Starcraft manage units via hotkeys, somehow.

• Options
    the tutorial teaches you. the campaign itself assumes completion of the tutorial or prior experience, one of the two.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    the tutorial teaches you. the campaign itself assumes completion of the tutorial or prior experience, one of the two.
    You sure? I just double checked it, and I didn't see that. Maybe I just went on autopilot and missed it.

• Options
    It has been ten years I'm entirely possibly mistaken. Quite an omission if so.

• Options
    fuck me it's been ten years

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    no why would you say this