As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I just checked The Chosen Prime and saw they have them for pre-order as well. I think at least...

Edit: Looks like some are sold out, but yeah looks like they have a few others there.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    That Metalhead fig is pretty great. I do find this site confusing tho.

It says "pre-order now" on some items but I can't see how to actually do so or what is sold out. Crazy how crappy some of these sites are.

Ok finally figured it out, you have to make an account and log in to actually order anything

Local H Jay on
    edited September 2020
    That Metalhead fig is pretty great. I do find this site confusing tho.

It says "pre-order now" on some items but I can't see how to actually do so or what is sold out. Crazy how crappy some of these sites are.

Ok finally figured it out, you have to make an account and log in to actually order anything

Yeah, I should have mentioned their site is one where you have to make an account to actually see what's in stock and what isn't (I think it shows on the full search page, but not the individual page). I've also read that if you put yourself on the waiting list they sometimes get some extras in and contact the list (or person) to let you buy them. Never tried it out, but heard some people get lucky with some Transformers that way. I bought a 3P Transformer from them and they're fine.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, pre-ordered a Mikey because he's a party dude. Thanks!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I just checked The Chosen Prime and saw they have them for pre-order as well. I think at least...

Edit: Looks like some are sold out, but yeah looks like they have a few others there.

The figures they have for preorder are the later waves that aren’t out yet. Wave 1 has been pretty much gone everywhere.

You can still preorder the future waves at BBTS for cheaper, $45 a piece:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Super7+tmnt

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Had a Cyberverse Cobber in my Amazon cart for like a month now. Finally went to go make the order and it's doubled in price from 17 to 35 bucks.

Heh, F me.

Luckily Chosen Prime seems to be like Entertainment Earth and doesn't charge until it ships. Thanks for the heads up.

Had a Cyberverse Cobber in my Amazon cart for like a month now. Finally went to go make the order and it's doubled in price from 17 to 35 bucks.

Heh, F me.

Looks like you can pick it up for about that price from 3rd party vendors. Sucks that Amazon is scalping, probably will go down after a while.

Sorry about that then @Local H Jay for the bad intel. Good thing @Forever Zefiro saved you from my mistake.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Not a worry, I'll keep this other site bookmarked. My addiction grows...

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Chosen Prime is definitely solid, so it’s good to check them too

There’s quite a few decent places, and they all have quirks and features that others don’t. Like yeah BBTS usually does have prices a buck or two higher, but their shipping is usually really cheap, the Pile of Loot system is super convenient, and most preorders require no initial payment and you can easily cancel.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I've bought most of my 3rd party Transformers this year from TheChosenPrime. They're a very dependable site with a presence in the Transformers community (no idea how/if they interact with other action figure fandoms). I haven't bought anything else from them, so I can really only speak to my experience buying 3P Transformers. They typically get their stock waaaay earlier than BBTS (or, rather, BBTS seems to get their stock like a months later than all the other, smaller stores). They have free shipping on orders of $150, no-money-down pre-orders, and a Roller's Stash system that's identical to BBTS's Pile of Loot; this means you can pre-order stuff for free, have them accrue in your Stash (or not, if you choose to not pay for a pre-order when it comes in), and when it hits a total value of $150 you can ship it for free. I've noticed that some of their items are $5 more expensive than the same items at other stores, so be aware. I haven't found any regularity to it, I don't know how or why some items are marked up and some aren't.

They are also a small, family-run business, so to some extent I feel better about supporting them than I do, say, TFSource. I generally look at the extra $5 for some items as the fee for the Stash feature; a big warehouse that can hold onto a toy for months is probably easier for BBTS to afford than for a small business.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I tried out that suggestion for Snapdragon with rotating the head around on the headmaster, and it works much better!
    I’m still very iffy about the transformation thanks to my perceived fragility of the headmaster, but it’s still an improvement.

I also tried out the Earthrise seekers since I managed to get the OG 3. Mostly okay, my issues with them are mostly with the wings since they have trouble snapping into place.

Yeah, their wings do seem finicky

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited September 2020
    I locked in a full set, plus the Amazon Optimus. Well, except for Jetfire, and being a Funko Shop exclusive just made that one the single most valuable one in the line... Because no one will get able to get one.

Here's hoping they don't do a wave 2 for my sanity

Local H Jay on
    edited September 2020
    Well shit

I want that Jetfire

edit - idk how this works, how would one get the Jetfire?

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Well shit

I want that Jetfire

So, it's a Funko Shop exclusive. It's unclear when it will go up for now, and when it does it'll probably be gone in about 3 minutes. If you wanna try your hand at it, I recommend following this twitter : https://twitter.com/FunkoShopAlert?s=09

It'll post as soon as it goes live on their site. In early October they're doing the NYCC drop which looks to be an insane one, so at the very least I'm hoping it goes up before that debacle.

Edit- Oh it'll also be online elsewhere like Mercari and eBay but given its status as a Funko Shop exclusive it'll shoot from ~15 with shipping all the way to 35-65 on reselling sites. I'd also recommend setting up a Funko.com account with your info ready to go.

Local H Jay on
    Well shit

I want that Jetfire

So, it's a Funko Shop exclusive. It's unclear when it will go up for now, and when it does it'll probably be gone in about 3 minutes. If you wanna try your hand at it, I recommend following this twitter : https://twitter.com/FunkoShopAlert?s=09

It'll post as soon as it goes live on their site. In early October they're doing the NYCC drop which looks to be an insane one, so at the very least I'm hoping it goes up before that debacle.

Edit- Oh it'll also be online elsewhere like Mercari and eBay but given its status as a Funko Shop exclusive it'll shoot from ~15 with shipping all the way to 35-65 on reselling sites. I'd also recommend setting up a Funko.com account with your info ready to go.

As much as I'd love to try and make another account on a site I'd only use once, I am more afraid of the horror stories from funko fans talking about the pre-order nightmares. I wish they had a different bot than Jetfire as their exclusive. Jerks.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2020
    Yeah if you wanna just skip the drama, just see how prices are doing in a month or two once the hype dies down. It's a shame, it is easily the coolest of the bunch.

It could go up here at some point, but we'll see how pricing goes: https://www.bigapplecollectibles.com/

Local H Jay on
    Funko dropped some news for the NYCC which has an absolutely disgusting amount of exclusives (and I want about 5-6 of them). They actually listened to a suggestion myself and others have made to combat bots and scalpers and introduced a lottery system. So only two groups of people will be allowed in to buy things, limit one item per person, and then the rest goes live after that for the general public. This does ensure more collectors actually get them at normal prices, but I have a feeling even if I get in I'll be working that day. Guess we'll see. They're dropping two more Flocked Pokemon (nooooo), a Flocked Ein from Cowboy Bebop with a shirt, a new Nightwing mold and a Snake Pliskin and by God those are just my "must haves"

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I don't actually know if anyone here is into Gundam figures, but still this is footage is pretty unbelievable. I've checked it out and it does seem that there's a life-size Gundam in Yokohama, that moved a little bit today:

It seems like most of the movement is created by the elevators behind the thing, still pretty cool though.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    We all love gundams down here

I knew of it, but haven't seen any videos of it moving. That is awesome even if it is being done behind with large machinery like a puppet. Huge life sized puppets are still way cool!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    edit: wrong thread

Donnicton on
    edited September 2020
    So for those who were on the fence for SkyLynx, Amazon has him up for $68.89. I recently got mine in and have been trying to find the time to take photos of him. Luckily I got a super deal when Walmart messed up and listed him for $49.99 a long time ago and after getting him I have to say he is actually worth it at the $79.99 price tag. He is absolutely awesome for the size and upgrade from the original toy. He may not have the motorized ability, but he has so many joints for posing it is nice. There is one minor complaint and that is where the Shuttle wings attach to the back/bottom of the Shuttle as wings (basically the back part near the engines). It just tabs in and on my copy it tends to pop out if you push on it or fold it wrong. Other than that yeah he is really awesome and I'm glad I didn't get the Titans Returns version since that one sucks compared to this one. I'll post photos later when I get the time, but I had to post my feelings here and the link to Amazon's price.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Transformers-Toys-Generations-War-Cybertron/dp/B083VM3Y9N/

Oh yeah, and his base mode is so cool!!! It actually looks and feels like a base for once with the loading ramp to "load" fake cargo to the Shuttle. I also love the little details of actually making it a real NASA Shuttle with the name of Magnificence (a homage to the G1 cartoon).

Edit: Dropped to $68.03 as of this edit.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I just saw pictures of Paleotrex (the Kingdom version of the Weaponizers).

I'm really on the fence for this one. His robot mode is so goofy, but the dino skeleton mode is so awesome.

Nobody wrote: »
    I just saw pictures of Paleotrex (the Kingdom version of the Weaponizers).

I'm really on the fence for this one. His robot mode is so goofy, but the dino skeleton mode is so awesome.

Yeah, same here. The fossil mode looks awesome. The face is creepy as heck to me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Omg I think I had that rat

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or does the alt mode for rattrap look JACKED?

Heffling wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does the alt mode for rattrap look JACKED?

Great, now I can't unsee the huge forearms.

I'm happy for all those who are Beast Wars since some of these toys look like miniature Masterpieces. Especially the Megatron one. Honestly the latest stuff coming out from Hasbro really are near Masterpiece level of engineering (at least the older Masterpieces) where you have some homage to the G1 cartoon and toys at the same time.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I feel like this Megatron T. rex mode is in the Uncanny Valley or something. The very organic sculpting and deco make it look kinda... off, and gross, in my eyes.

Hasbro PulseCon exclusives are up for everyone:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/pulsecon-exclusives

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I hate that I want that Lord Drakkon

edited September 2020
    I "accidentally" bought the Transformers Pit set and the Star Wars Endor set yesterday because they were so easy to get and available. The set I wanted sat all yesterday (Star Wars Clone Set) and eventually sold out this morning. Yes, I so bought that one with the other two.

I liked how Hasbro has a second shipment/whatever available for some of the sets that sold out like the Endor set, Pit set, Cobra Commander and Logan.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2020
    So I caved this past weekend and bought another Black Series Star Wars figure from the Gamestop sale. I don't collect this size (they are 6" tall compared to the old 3 3/4" tall figures) due to display space. But this time it was for a good reason since I now have a D-O in my collection! I really love this little guy and he was only $6! For those who don't know, the Black Series toys are usually $19.99 retail (the special ones can go up to $24.99 and $29.99). Anyways, I didn't realize that the wheel actually rolls and you can rotate the head so he can look around. The antenna on the back are a bit fiddly but that's good so hopefully they won't break off (and made it easier to take out of the packaging). I was hoping that there was a magnet so he wouldn't fall over when you display him because the wheel rotates, but all they gave was a little plastic piece that you can put him on so his "bottom" of the wheel is flat. Doesn't help much since he still falls over either forwards or backwards if you bump the table or display. I love the detail they gave the back of his head too! He'll look great next to my BB-8 and R2-D2 now.
    D-O_Rey_01.jpg
    D-O_Rey_02.jpg

Oh and yeah he came with a Rey accessory. I have to say that the face of the Rey is really well done. I now see what all hubbub is about the new face printing technique. She really looks real instead of the older toys where they look absolutely nothing like the real person. She came with her purse bag of course, staff (this one breaks up in three pieces for some reason), blaster she got from Han in The Force Awakens, and reforged lightsaber (the broken Anakin/Luke lightsaber from the Last Jedi). She is also dressed in her Rise of Skywalker outfit (of course) and I wish that you could raise and lower her hood, but it is molded to her back. For my shots I had to pose her in the preparing to run pose from the teaser trailer where she sprints ahead of Kylo Ren in his TIE.
    D-O_Rey_03.jpg
    D-O_Rey_04.jpg
    D-O_Rey_05.jpg
    D-O_Rey_06.jpg

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Ok, sorry for a triple post here, but BBTS has two of the Seacons back available for pre-order:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/98810 <- Turtler
    https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/98813 <- Gulf

For those who didn't get a chance to snag them before and are hoping to get them all eventually.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Well shit, I didn't know Hasbro was dropping more stuff today

Sad I missed the Black Series Armorer from Mandalorian

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Well shit, I didn't know Hasbro was dropping more stuff today

Sad I missed the Black Series Armorer from Mandalorian

Yeah it was this afternoon and I was in a meeting so missed it. Also they put up the next Black Series line, new Vintage characters, and these hilarious Holiday Stormtroopers!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hasbro just dropped a ton of images of new figures because of PulseCon this weekend. These are just the transformers reveals! GI Joe, Power Rangers and Ghostbusters all got new stuff too!

Transformers-Toy-Panel-2020-008.jpg
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2020/09/26/hasbro-pulsecon-2020-transformers-kingdom-toy-reveals-420380#images

Also it appears Gigawatt will now have blue tinted windows, which fixes the biggest issue with that figure, so that's rad. Hopefully that's for all of them and not just a Japanese release.

Undead Scottsman on