As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The good, the bad and [The Mandalorian] OPEN SPOILERS

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I disagree about the Clones mostly because it led to Order 66 pretty perfectly. And Order 66 is the best part of the Prequels. Also, TCW has made them great. It was a decent enough idea that it gave legs to other great ideas.

Midichlorians were bad. Jar Jar was just annoying. He didn't matter much past Ep 1. Ugh, the broken heart death was stupid.

Order 66 is also terrible. There’s virtually nothing redeeming about any of the prequels except MacGregor’s performance.

*ahem*

MacGregor and McDiarmid, thank you!

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I disagree about the Clones mostly because it led to Order 66 pretty perfectly. And Order 66 is the best part of the Prequels. Also, TCW has made them great. It was a decent enough idea that it gave legs to other great ideas.

Midichlorians were bad. Jar Jar was just annoying. He didn't matter much past Ep 1. Ugh, the broken heart death was stupid.

Order 66 is also terrible. There’s virtually nothing redeeming about any of the prequels except MacGregor’s performance.

*ahem*

Palpatine is a goddamn ham roast

His lightsaber should make a slide-whistle sound

Atomika on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

*ahem*

Palpatine is a goddamn ham roast

His lightsaber should make a slide-whistle sound

I'm pretty sure McDiarmid would pay them to let him play Palpatine any time it was possible. Motherfucker is having the time of his life up there.

• Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.

I don't think the Prequels were the worst ideas in Lucas' head. That goes to the Holiday Special.

The Prequels had some interesting ideas but lacked coherency and refinement from other voices carrying equal weight and vision. IMO The biggest mistake they ever made was allowing George total control over the prequels. Star Wars was always best as a collaborative effort.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
    Sorry remembered this is the Mando Thread.

Anyway I'm stoked that we're getting more Filoniverse in this series.

Honestly I’m kinda over it. I’m ready to wrap it up and move on to something not forcibly connected to the worst ideas in George Lucas’ head.

I don't think the Prequels were the worst ideas in Lucas' head. That goes to the Holiday Special.

The Prequels had some interesting ideas but lacked coherency and refinement from other voices carrying equal weight and vision. IMO The biggest mistake they ever made was allowing George total control over the prequels. Star Wars was always best as a collaborative effort.

Honestly, “collaborative effort” doesn’t begin to describe it. ANH and ESB are largely the work of many talented people, none of them George Lucas.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Come on, now. George Lucas is talented. Just not as solo writer/director. He's received more credit for Star Wars' success than he should have, yes. And many other people did not receive the credit they should have. But that's a far cry from George Lucas having no talent.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah sorry I'm not particularly interested in extreme binary thinking. George Lucas, along with 99.9% of the rest of humanity, can exist somewhere on the spectrum between "genius who can do no wrong" and "talentless hack".

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I thought this was the [mando] thread, not the [Star Wars] thread?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    so question about the dark saber and clone wars, since the DS appears in Mando.
    In the Clone Wars show, the DS shows up but nobody seems very impressed by it, i thought i watched all the TCW episodes but did i miss something?

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    In the Clone Wars show, the DS shows up but nobody seems very impressed by it, i thought i watched all the TCW episodes but did i miss something?
    It is a custom vibroblade. Not really impressive compared to a lightsaber, which were plentiful at the time. Of course in the post jedi world, it will be pretty powerful.

iirc, it was the weapon of the first Mandalorian to join the Jedi Order

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    It's a bigger deal in another show.
    In Rebels...
    ...the Mandalorians treat it as something of a holy relic, where the wielder is the leader of the Mandalorian people (Mand'alor).

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    It is a custom vibroblade. Not really impressive compared to a lightsaber, which were plentiful at the time. Of course in the post jedi world, it will be pretty powerful.
    It is a lightsaber, though.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    It's just a unique looking lightsaber with cultural significance. Otherwise... it's just the same as any other lightsaber.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    It's just a unique looking lightsaber with cultural significance. Otherwise... it's just the same as any other lightsaber.

Excuse me?!??!
    It has the power of cool.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Excuse me?!??!
    It has the power of cool.
    because it's daaarrrrrrrk.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Which Darksaber would you rather have?
    The Mandalorian Jedi's black lightsaber, or the Hutt built super weapon (before it gets crushed by asteroids, but after it's been built by ADD monkey bugs in space)?

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I feel like that's just a choice between two different kinds of suicide. Taking the Hutt weapon means inevitable horrible death by shitty construction that isn't up to code; it's only a matter of time before I get cooked medium dead because of bad radiation shielding, get crushed to death by substandard gravity plating, plummet to my death because of a trick railing that looks deceptively sturdy, or just the regular getting sucked into space because of a broken airlock. I'd be lucky to reach the control room alive to hit the button to fire the superlaser, which would certainly fail to operate and explode violently.

But taking the Mandalorian weapon is inevitable death by an ambitious Mandalorian looking at me and going "I could kill this guy with a cheese sandwich". And they'd be wrong, because an entire cheese sandwich in the hands of a Mandalorian would be total overkill. And I'll be honest, I definitely don't want to find out how a Mando would kill somebody with a cheese sandwich, because I don't think they would be happy with plain poison.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I feel like that's just a choice between two different kinds of suicide. Taking the Hutt weapon means inevitable horrible death by shitty construction that isn't up to code; it's only a matter of time before I get cooked medium dead because of bad radiation shielding, get crushed to death by substandard gravity plating, plummet to my death because of a trick railing that looks deceptively sturdy, or just the regular getting sucked into space because of a broken airlock. I'd be lucky to reach the control room alive to hit the button to fire the superlaser, which would certainly fail to operate and explode violently.

But taking the Mandalorian weapon is inevitable death by an ambitious Mandalorian looking at me and going "I could kill this guy with a cheese sandwich". And they'd be wrong, because an entire cheese sandwich in the hands of a Mandalorian would be total overkill. And I'll be honest, I definitely don't want to find out how a Mando would kill somebody with a cheese sandwich, because I don't think they would be happy with plain poison.

As a warrior culture, it seems likely that Mandos would take pride in everything they do and excel in taking pleasure when and where they can. In addition the constant exercise in the traditional warrior culture means they'd have little to fear from high fat, carb or cholesterol content or anything else your doctor might warn you about finding in a sandwich. Even if they don't burn it off, so what? Tomorrow you may die, may as well enjoy dinner.

What I'm trying to say is that a Mandalorian grilled cheese would probably be one of the most decadent and unimaginable cheese sandwiches physically possible, and would almost certainly kill anyone without a similar high energy lifestyle by causing their hearts to explode and congeal at the same time.

I bet it would be worth it.

It would involve a ruptured rectum.

• PolarisPolaris I am powerless against the sky. Registered User regular
    Episode 4 of the behind the scenes dropped, all about the projection tech they used on set - very interesting.

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    WHEW

Rebels, uh, sure does lend some context to why the Empire had piles of Beskar Steel ingots. Goddamn. Idk how Mando didn't perforate that motherfucker the first time he met him.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    WHEW

Rebels, uh, sure does lend some context to why the Empire had piles of Beskar Steel ingots. Goddamn. Idk how Mando didn't perforate that motherfucker the first time he met him.

There's almost zero chance we don't get Din vs Sabine this season, right? Like having her show up is too cool to not do, and if she shows up its going to go to shit immediately.
    Mando from an intense cultlike sect, likely connected to the part of Deathwatch that stayed loyal to Maul, who has been told Jedi are the enemy, with a force-using child he plans to raise.

Laid-back Mando from a family that helped overthrow Maul and later collaborated with the Empire, who while attending the Imperial academy designed a weapon designed to murder other Mandalorians and leave their armor intact. Also she travels with one or more Jedi who will probably want to take the child.

And also an important cultural artifact is floating around that they'll both want and definitely not want the other to have.

I'm sure they'll get on fine with zero conflict right away.

Kamar on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Come to think of it, they're also probably the same-ish age, give or take maybe five years...

oh god I hope they don't have them get together

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    New trailer dropped today for the next season! Episodes streaming October 30.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    YouTube link if you're feeling nasty
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7Twd85m2g

Is that The Hu at 0:22? Sounds an awful lot like parts of Sugaan Essena.

jdarksun on
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I love that Boda know whats up. The Death Blossom or whatever it was called turns on and he's all, "I'm OUT!"

Love it.

I'm a little worried that all the Jedi stuff will take away from what made the first season so good, but hopefully it'll be alright. I have faith that they'll handle it well, but it can go real wrong real easy.

Also fuck Gina Carano.

• SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Also fuck Gina Carano.

If I must.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Also fuck Gina Carano.

If I must.

In case your didn't see the latest:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/tv/the-mandalorian-fans-want-gina-carano-fired-for-mocking-trans-people-2752622?amp

Usual Twitter garbage of assumed and direct nastiness towards a minority group.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Also fuck Gina Carano.

If I must.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nme.com/news/tv/the-mandalorian-fans-want-gina-carano-fired-for-mocking-trans-people-2752622?amp

She seems more dumb about, and less outwardly aggressive towards, the trans community.

Like, making dumb comments about the trans community (or any group for that matter) is obviously shitty from a moral standpoint, but to do so when you can get fired for it (and have seen it happen) is just ridiculous. Either show support, or keep quiet about it.

I know she was asked directly and her response seemed reasonable to me, but then she decided to make a shitty joke and then double down on it after receiving criticism.

Also, she's an anti-masker, which is another crazy stance to take in this day and age.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Yeah I was super excited about the trailer but cool, let's drag Twitter bullshit into this thread and fuck it up, too.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Trailer looks good. I expect this to be better than season 1!

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Razor Crest is looking pretty fucked up there, huh? D:

Oh brilliant
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    All I could think of when he said the thing
    https://youtu.be/OdximU6Ao00

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Ugh. Got a Cara Dune funko pop in the mail just like, a couple days ago. Yeah, it's of the character, not the actress, but still.

• HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    they arent giving away a lot with that trailer, but it did remind me of something that I dont think got much attention from people during the first season, which is baby cute

• yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Also fuck Gina Carano.

If I must.

She seems more dumb about, and less outwardly aggressive towards, the trans community.

Like, making dumb comments about the trans community (or any group for that matter) is obviously shitty from a moral standpoint, but to do so when you can get fired for it (and have seen it happen) is just ridiculous. Either show support, or keep quiet about it.

I know she was asked directly and her response seemed reasonable to me, but then she decided to make a shitty joke and then double down on it after receiving criticism.

Also, she's an anti-masker, which is another crazy stance to take in this day and age.
    Maybe I’ve just been made numb by the unending horrors of our age, but I really can’t be bothered by actors being insensitive and/or dumb on twitter. I like her character and she doesn’t appear to be a literal Nazi so I’ll save my outrage for JK and friends.

"I see everything twice!"

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    I think Gina's "joke" came out of frustration at a group of people who had apparently been harassing her for months to put her pronouns in her bio. Her point was that the people claiming you MUST put your pronouns in your bio or you are literally worse than Hitler aren't actually doing the trans community any favors, they're just harassing people. So she was like "here's my pronouns, lol", which is dumb and insensitive, but probably about the response I'd expect from someone who used to punch people in the face professionally. I don't think she's a transphobe, I think she's someone who when attacked will instinctively try to hit back, which is not the best idea when you're being targeted by the internet howler monkeys.

This discussion has been closed.