As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FALL GUYS is going to be the biggest esport.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Oh my god, those Fall Ball changes.

Less time trapped playing it and less of a chance for it to happen at all?

A thousand times yes.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Fall Ball was actually one of my favorite games! It's only annoying when you have a really bad team, but that's mitigated heavily by playing with a crew.

I've seen a round of Fall Ball where there were wrecking balls in the nets and a spinner in the middle. I also heard someone say there was a game with four balls, but I haven't seen that yet.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Dys wrote: »
    After a lot of time without a win, I managed three within a couple hours last night.

Including my first Fall Mountain win, finally!

Turns out the trick for me was to stay the hell away from everybody else and just be smart about what I do, versus just taking the "safest" route. The realization that the thing hitting me the most was another flailing person was a gamechanger.

This applies to a lot of the maps but especially slime climb. There's no limit on the number of people who can qualify in that one so avoiding the crush is A+. Lost more than one game by getting black friday'd right off the edge

• Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I find it hilarious in Slimb Climb how obvious it is that people have watched the "Slimb Climb World Record" videos and are desperately trying to execute the shortcuts and god damn it they will keep trying to take the short cut no matter how many times they fail to jump on that hammer and oh that's them eliminated after their 5th attempt to 'save time' and what are they doing???

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    I respect their persistence. Failure is just a step of learning!

That being said, I only bother with the hammer skip if I'm one of the first people to get there. Getting to the top first is nice, since you can get through without fear of other people getting in your way (deliberately or otherwise), but it's not remotely worth it if there's a crowd of people around already.

• Options
    I find it hilarious in Slimb Climb how obvious it is that people have watched the "Slimb Climb World Record" videos and are desperately trying to execute the shortcuts and god damn it they will keep trying to take the short cut no matter how many times they fail to jump on that hammer and oh that's them eliminated after their 5th attempt to 'save time' and what are they doing???

it's funnier when they're trying the shortcuts that don't work anymore

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Update looks great, gonna play a bunch after work

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Dys wrote: »
    After a lot of time without a win, I managed three within a couple hours last night.

Including my first Fall Mountain win, finally!

Turns out the trick for me was to stay the hell away from everybody else and just be smart about what I do, versus just taking the "safest" route. The realization that the thing hitting me the most was another flailing person was a gamechanger.

This applies to a lot of the maps but especially slime climb. There's no limit on the number of people who can qualify in that one so avoiding the crush is A+. Lost more than one game by getting black friday'd right off the edge

Oh, Slime Climb is hands down my favorite game.

I'm pretty good at actual platforming, and judgement on taking shortcuts and the timing for that is something I hit far more than I miss.

Throw in the game eliminating a whole lot of people, and you've got something that is fun for me and eliminates the folks who are likely to hit a spinner and be pitched right at my face.

• Options
    New map variations are great, and I don't just say this because I got my third ever win due to the extra hammers on Fall Mountain meaning the bean ahead of me couldn't make the jump for the crown and I was able to run passed him to grab it while they waited.

Also, 4 episodes played an zero hackers. Loving it.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    12 person Egg Scramble is something...

• Options
    Zero hackers. Don't care if this has root kit'd my machine. Zero hackers since I he update.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Royal Fumble.

I spend the first minute watching a parrot, a tomato in boxer shorts, and three miscellaneous rejected Jelly Belly flavors go through the motions.

At twenty seconds to go I finally start seriously pursuing the parrot, who currently has the tail. Due to inexperience with the arena, I am immediately clocked by a kettle-ball and launched halfway across the wrong side of the arena. With ten seconds to go it's clear I'm not going to be able to get anywhere near the scrum in time to have a chance. But the parrot reverses course and makes for the center of the arena and has a mid-air collision with the tomato, sending the both of them and the Bertie Botts Brothers into a ragdolling heap on the lower floor. Grab symbols are everywhere with one and half seconds left.

Somehow, I have the tail at the end of the game.

I hate all forms of tail tag.

EDIT: By the way, a bonus tip for Egg Scramble. If you're attacking the enemy's base, don't bother trying to fully exfiltrate the egg you're holding. You can actually get the egg out of the basket by jumping up from the inner part of the bottom step and then diving, which will apply enough force to the egg to get it to roll a decent ways out. From there, trust your teammates to carry it the rest of the way. Alternatively, if the hammer favors you, the right angle can get an extra bit of speed on it toward your base. Doing this, as a single attacker, lets you get eggs out of the enemy basket very quickly.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I will say that, as someone who doesn't play much and is never gonna win let alone get 10 crowns, the progression/amount of genuinely neat and fun outfits you can get while sucking is surprising.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i'm all about the colors/patterns/faces over the costumes (except for the crossover costumes that i'll never have enough crowns for)

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    FI also heard someone say there was a game with four balls, but I haven't seen that yet.

I've had it once so far in an 8v8 and it was an event of uncontrollable chaos

this isn't praise or criticism, but a simple statement of fact

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The big pink one looks to be a wearable outfit.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Don't you threaten me with a good time.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »

Don't you threaten me with a good time.

it's a mascot costume, there's footage of a couple of them in promotional, behind-the-scenes videos devolver posted on youtube leading up to the game's release

• Options
    So what you're saying is if I want to be a Fall Guy for Halloween I'm shit out of luck?

• Options
    I'm sure Spirit will have a bootleg "Clumsy Bean" costume in stock

• Options
    Descending Lad

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    Descending Dudes

• Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Stumble Chums

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The Fall of Man

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    The Fall of Man

That's this

https://youtu.be/-Hhj--bBYOY

• Options
    RIP Gary (2020-2020)
    Beloved Husband

• Options
    I love the burly voice they gave the dude in the wolf costume. :lol:

• Options
    I'm getting a lot better at positioning and timing my murder grabs during jump showdowns, which is a necessary skill to prevent becoming the victim of the exact same thing.

I'm also getting a lot better at falling over for literally no reason, but that has significantly less utility.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I still don't bother grabbing (except that one instance with the cheater), I'm purely a survival guy. I believe in my own skill enough to outlast everyone else.

Except team games where I'll grab people to help my teammtes or prevent them from scoring etc.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    I still don't bother grabbing (except that one instance with the cheater), I'm purely a survival guy. I believe in my own skill enough to outlast everyone else.

Except team games where I'll grab people to help my teammtes or prevent them from scoring etc.

I'll say this: much like one ought to play multiple characters in a fighting game to get a sense for the psychology of opposing players even if you don't intend to main them, I would recommend being a handsy jackass until you can reliably assist people off the edge if only to more accurately understand the ideal conditions to do so and thereby avoid being the victim.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I only grab if someone's about to jump across a gap cause it's an easy kill.

• Options
    I like just having a jump-off on Jump Showdown, but the issue is that there's not much defense against grabbing. If someone else grabs you at the right time, you are going to lose. So no matter how confident I am in my jumping, I personally feel the need to grab other people once it's down to just a couple people on my platform, so that they can't grab me. Offense is the only defense.

On Roll Out on the other hand, I might sometimes push someone off to entertain myself, but I'm usually content these days to be passive. Murdering other people usually puts you in a position to be murdered yourself, so I don't actually believe that it's the best way to win. Unless maybe if you target someone who you know is good, I guess.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    If only murderers advance then yes clearly everyone will try to murder you

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Unless you meant a murder conga line

Like this
    1096909812_QAieR-L.jpg

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    I always wondered how anyone could fall off on Roll Out, and then within the first 10 seconds of my first round of it my inattention left me walking into a gap on the barrel I was trying to transfer onto.

Twenty hours later I'm back to wondering how it's possible to fall off, but then I see people trying to jump the gaps and understand.

• Options
    Just had my first encounter with Big Yeetus (haven't played much lately).

It was right in the middle at the top of the platform on Dizzy Heights where you jump onto the huge revolving platforms.

First attempt it just bumped me off and I fell before the discs, the second attempt I jumped and it yeeted me all the way across to the finishing slope. It was satisfying.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    They've got the Alyx costume up on the store again for anyone interested.

For anyone not interested, the set does include a pair of regular-looking pants that combos hilariously with any mascot-esque top. Makes you look like you're advertising for some kind of plumbing company.