As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I wonder if your frequent horse disappearances aren't mod related?

I'm playing only with the default game, no mods at all, and I've never had a horse go missing.

Sure, I've lost horses to the purge, to crocodiles, to bugs, and a few other tragic ends, but I've never had one that just disappeared.

And while we're on the subject of horses, he's an epic tale of heroism and horses, staring yours truly.
    I was playing with one of my good buddies a couple weeks ago, and he is building in the jungle, and I was working on a small way-station base in the northern middle part of the desert. At one of the natural gaps between the desert and the highlands. And anyway, my buddy needed to come get something from me at my base so he mounts up on his fastest horse, which I think he had leveled to 13 or so, and he sets off from the jungle to my base in the desert. His route takes him through the bug area, where there are probably 5-6 big bug spawns. Somehow they pinning him in as he tried to ride past and he got stuck between terrain and a wall of angry bugs. He was body blocked. And he died. Murdered right on top of his horse.

He says on Discord that he just died, and his favorite horse is in trouble, because surely the bugs will destroy it. Leveling pets past about level 7 or 8 is a huge pain, and losing a level 13 tame is a big loss.

So I grabbed a spear and a sword, mounted up on my own horse and went barreling out of my base at full speed on a rescue mission. I was gonna save Clip-Clop the horse.

You know that scene in Two Towers where Gandalf sets out at a breakneck speed on Shadowfax? That was me, riding out to rescue my friend's horse from certain doom.

I arrived at the point that he described to me and indeed, his horse was still there. Alive, but beset on all sides by vicious bugs. I plowed right through them with my spear out and did significant damage to a couple of them. I dismounted, switched to my sword, and cut the rest down.

I went to inspect Clip-Clop and discovered that it had only 120 HP remaining.

But the day was won and Clip-Clop was saved and the evil bugs were vanquished.

The End.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I've also never had a horse go missing.

Nice fortress. I'm curious - are you actually gathering all those materials to build that, or just using the console to give them to yourself? Just curious because I've solo-built some big castles but I run out of patience/interest in gathering mats way before I get close to what you have there. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • ReddayeReddaye Registered User regular
    I had one friend lose his horse, and we weren't using any mods on the server. That's the only instance of it that I remember, and frankly I feel like he may have ingested some cannabis products, and forgot where he left his horse on guard.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    On our server we don't use any mods but we've had issues with horses not being where we last left them. They tend to show up at one of the other outposts we've made. Don't know why, but my speculation is that it's something to do with logging out before information gets updated.

• PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Haha no I'm not that much of a masochist. I'm using the console for materials.

Poketpixie on
    Full blown expansion pack announced, y'all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiM29W7DTzQ&has_verified=1

Called Isle of Siptah.

There's a lot of specific details we don't know yet, like how it connects to the base game, if your characters can move back and forth from the original map to the new map, or if you have to reroll, all sorts of unknowns right now.

But what we do know is that there are new building tiers, new mounts (rideable rhinos!), new armor and weapons, new enemies, new dungeons, and a whole new map to explore and build on.

Expansion is out today in Early Access on Steam. $19.99.

I bought and downloaded it, will give it a look tonight after work.

It was clearly communicated that the map is entirely separate and you cannot transfer characters between them.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Seems weird to be so totally disconnected, at least for now? Whatever, interesting place so far.

Nosf wrote: »
    Seems weird to be so totally disconnected, at least for now? Whatever, interesting place so far.

Doesn't seem that odd to me. The other survival games I've played, like ARK or Minecraft, don't carry character progress or inventory over from world to world.

ARK lets you server hop. You can upload yourself to a different realm, so that one is a little different.

It's not surprising that they aren't connected, but it is disappointing. I wish they had found a way to make them both available at the same time via a zoneline or something. If you have the expansion you can zone over, and if you don't, you can't. But maybe the map is getting too big to be sustainable by a single server. Who knows.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    I think some mods already exist that create a 'hub' area where you can bring your character between maps. So maybe eventually?

New map seems fun so far. I only just made my flotsam shack, I'll probably play more this evening!

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    But what about the jetsam?

Played for about 2 hours last night.

It's fun to have to explore to survive again. I've sunk so many hours into the classic Conan map that there are no mysteries left. Surviving is easy.

Not knowing where the resources are, not knowing where the good build spots are, that puts a lot of the mystery back into the game.

Found a nice spot along a river and decided to try a new, experimental build using the new Flotsam tileset (which is amazing by the way.) I'm doing my own take on Fallingwater and building right over and into the river, and making the river a part of the building. If it turns out ok I'll post some pictures and maybe a video tour. If it ends up sucking, forget I said anything.

Played around a bit, built something at a small fire / lighthouse thing on the right side of the map. Restarted on a friend's server and was going to do the same, but instead ran inland, dodging all manner of crazy crap. Eventually settled at L11 by a little lake. Lots of iron and wood and stone, but haven't spotted any coal yet.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Yeah, washing up on a new island to explore is quite exciting--even if I was half dead and suffering from food poisoning from being away for so long.

Kinda trucking along at my little camp. The health changes are ... terrible? Am I missing something that I can't heal myself until level 25? The sated health regen does jack, and welp, getting to the passive health regen is a long ways off.

They appear to have added a new low level bandage recipe. Requires fiber and aloe. I've been finding aloe in abundance along the river on the eastern side of the map. The river base that I'm building has probably 40 aloe plants in close proximity. Making bandages is not a problem.

I feel like they made it intentional that you have to use the new bandages. Food regen is practically non-existent now. You can't just keep a stack of bugs on your bar and eat them for continual regen. Gotta bandage. But as I say, at least where I'm building aloe is in abundance.

edited September 2020
    I have close to 6 stacks of aloe, but was eyeballing the level 25 bandage feat, do you know what the low level one is called? The small lake at L11 has a little island about 30' across with 8 or 9 aloe plants, I just raid it everytime it's up. Lots and lots of iron, and New Luxor is right there to go snag chests. There's a number of boars which seem bugged, I can kill them easily with a sword and they can't really hit back.

Up by me, there are a couple wolves, few deer. Wolves right now are fairly deadly to me as is the big one star buck that appears now and then. The one star boar is trivial to kill.

This morning I found a pack or something in a chest and wound up with 200 alchemical base, merrie xmas conan style. There's a named bat demon thing in the city, third or so level, centralish called One From Beyond or similar. Lots of skeletal archers, some melee skeletons, spiders, few skeletal snake men and some large cats around the perimeter.

Nosf on
    The new bandages are called "Rough Wraps" and are included in the baseline "Survivalist" feat. You should have it by default, or if not by default, by level 2 when you're allowed to pick your first feat.

Recipe is:
    10 fiber
    5 aloe leaves

edited September 2020
    Welp, there's something to look at on my lunch in 10 minutes, thanks!

edit: worked like a charm, made a pile which hilariously pushed me to 25 so now I can make bandaids outta .... leather.

Anyways, from L11 if you go west, a grid or so to L9/10 there's a vault with a pile of brimstone - big brimstone veins that bleed out of the rock face on ledges above the vault. It's 'guarded' by extant something goblins, which are stonier versions of the little beefy guys you first meet in the original map. These drop misc crap and can be skinned as well. One dropped 20 ironstone. There's also a healthy amount of gold (!) and silver, crystal and black ice/ice nodes. I stepped into the vault, but didn't explore as I was time limited.

Nosf on
  • BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    So I have been enjoying the Siptah map/expansion with my server. About half way through all the Vaults. Mainly been sticking to the west side of the island. Took awhile to get used to the new heal/food mechanics, but it is not such a big deal anymore.

Hopefully with the update in October that adds character customization, that the devs will also look into a way to adjust PVE servers that support smaller clan or solo play. As some items (T4 Thralls) take big clans or just not practical for solo/small clans.

Overall I like what they are doing with the Conan.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    edited September 2022
    Well I dunno if there is a more current server but guys!

Guys!

AGE OF SORCERY IS OUT AND IT'S A FREE UPDATE! Also free week!

Details breakdown!

Karoz on
    Had a private server going for some friends but we all fell off the game for a few months. Hopefully this update gets us back into the thing - there was still a lot of Siptah we hadn't properly explored.

Looks neat. I'm planning on patching up and taking it for a spin this weekend.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    It looks like this is currently free to play for the next 6 days, and all of the DLC is 25% off (except Isle of Siptah, which is 20% off).

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I gotta say so far I'm liking the changes. I don't know if they're new with 3.0, but so far I really like the new building system of using the hammer and I love the creative mode.

Yes, I believe there was a major building overhaul as part of the 3.0 upgrade.

Instead of building foundations and walls or whatever and then placing them, you put the resources in your inventory and activate the construction hammer. From there you can select whatever you want to place that you've unlocked (including the workbenches now) and place it, and it'll just deduct the resources.

You can also turn on creative mode (if the server allows it), which lets you fly around while you build. I think they're both pretty big improvements.

Hmm is there a server we have or do I gotta mess around until something figured out.

No pressure if not, it's fun but I pretty much turn on god mode for singleplayer cause like many survival games it's build for playing with friends

All I did was start a new singleplayer game to mess around with the new stuff. I haven't really thought about long term plans.

No worries, trying to figure out plans too. Depending on where things go I may start a small one and post it here, I never did finish the Isle game and seems to have a deeper story than the base game.

But would have like singleplayer friendly stuff and what not mods installed.

Gonna look into renting a server with @Malakaius 's advice. If anyone has any tips cause never done it before feel free to give me tips please.

Will be sending the info to friends and those who DM once I have it established. Will post again here when it is done.

I've used g-portal and survivalservers. Both were fine. I think I've always done 10 player servers, or maybe 12. Haven't ever had a need for more than that.

Alright got a server up, if you want the deets send me a PM with your fav Conan god

(can always say Crom)

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Running any mods on your server, @Karoz ?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Running any mods on your server, @Karoz ?

None at the moment, just tweaked the settings to make it more solo friendly. Open to mods as things get going, was mostly wanting maken sure things worked before going too crazy.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

Was not expecting this lol.

Hey if you're into valheim, I've been running a private server with some buds (although we're already winding down tbh).

The timing of them dropping Age of Sorcery and the 3.0 is pretty unfortunate. I love me some Conan and I've got well over 1000 hours invested in this game. And I want to play more of it. But we're about to enter into holiday game release season, and I've got at least 3 brand new titles releasing in the next couple months. Maybe more. On top of that I have been scrambling to clear out some backlog items.

All that to say this: I just don't have time right now to put Conan back on my stack of actively played games.