As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Dallas has choked in the first (or sometimes second) round of the playoffs almost every year for as long as I can remember them not being in Minnesota other than 99, so I would be okay with them taking the cup

I mean it's an asterisk year anyway so why not give someone new a taste who didn't buy the cup for $500m

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah go Bolts I guess. Hedman is usually a beast for me on my fantasy team.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Dallas has choked in the first (or sometimes second) round of the playoffs almost every year for as long as I can remember them not being in Minnesota other than 99, so I would be okay with them taking the cup

I mean it's an asterisk year anyway so why not give someone new a taste who didn't buy the cup for $500m

Because Corey Perry. That's reason enough for me.

• PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

Because Corey Perry. That's reason enough for me.

True, but counter-point: Joe Pavelski.

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I still have to watch the third period of the Tampa game. Have they said anything more about Point? Was it just a rough hit he took or did he tweak a knee or something?

I don't think they've said too much about how Point is doing.

The hit he took didn't look that bad, but it might have aggravated his prior injury. He did stay on the bench for the rest of the game instead of going to the locker room, which the optimistic side of me makes me think that it wasn't that bad and that since they were already up by 2 Cooper was just sitting him the rest of the game as a precaution.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    Also there was a short video of Stamkos on ice at a practice this week without the no contact jersey so of course Lightning internet is freaking out about how Stamkos is coming back even though Jon Cooper literally just said he's a long ways away from playing in a game again.

If the Lightning make it to the SCF and he comes back for that it would be cool and a good story, but I've already accepted that he's going to be out for the entire playoffs.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i got stamkos on my fantasy team the year he decided to just go and break his leg like immediately

i've never forgiven him

nor played fantasy hockey since come to think of it

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Dammit Tampa Bay!!!!!!

50433.png?1708759015
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Eric staal traded for marcus johansson?

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    I guess Johansson is younger, but he's also more expensive and scores less, so I don't get this at all.

:so_raven:
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Buffalo trying to shed salary?

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Wild's management hasn't ever been good.

Well boys, we’re in the cup, finally.

50433.png?1708759015
    That was a weird ass goal to end the series with, but I'll take it.

Just 4 more to go.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    That was a weird ass goal to end the series with, but I'll take it.

Just 4 more to go.

After some of the near misses by both teams in that OT, yeah it was almost anti-climactic. But it was a W!

96058.png?1619393207
    Stars looking good

Burtletoy wrote: »
    Stars looking good

In my defense, I typed that near the end of the second period where I still thought they looked good. Not the third period

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I completely messed up my schedule! Totally forgot that started today.

Ah well.

First period was a slow feeling out thing with only 9 recorded shots, pretty slow.

The second period was dallas getting on the powerplay and scoring and looking solid.

Third period was when dallas decided to rest up and see if anton khudobin could win the game by himself.

Tampa actually took over the third period and doubled their shots from the first two periods but they were mostly from the perimeter and tampa isn't a big net front team.

The twitter guys I follow mannyelk and ineffectivemath both had dallas up it their expected goals models even after the stars took only 2 shots in the final 20 minutes

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Didn't Khudobin pull his groin in the last series? I can appreciate him toughing through, especially if Bishop's still hurt, but jeezis! He's not slowing down! And apparently his teammates don't care?

Dobby has been critical for Dallas this entire season. It's crazy how well he's performed when he's supposed to be the backup goalie.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Tampa had 3 or 4 power plays after the 3rd Dallas goal. I think the refs are tilting penalties (still).

Khudobin was nuts but Tampa can't start slow like that anymore.

And Point is still playing (more) hurt.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Tampa had 3 or 4 power plays after the 3rd Dallas goal. I think the refs are tilting penalties (still).

Khudobin was nuts but Tampa can't start slow like that anymore.

And Point is still playing (more) hurt.

Which penalities in the third did you not like? Because the two I can immediately remember were a very obvious trip, and delay of game when the dallas defensman accidentally flipped it out over the glass trying to clear.

96058.png?1619393207
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Yeah, none of the penalties in the third seemed egregious at all.

Also, I felt the Stars defense was just very solid in the third. Yes, Khudobin did a hell of a job, but I'm not sure Tampa had that many quality chances. And the penalty kill for Dallas was really good, and they needed it to be.

oldmanken wrote: »
    Yeah, none of the penalties in the third seemed egregious at all.

Also, I felt the Stars defense was just very solid in the third. Yes, Khudobin did a hell of a job, but I'm not sure Tampa had that many quality chances. And the penalty kill for Dallas was really good, and they needed it to be.

Rather than fewer calls against Dallas, I would have preferred that they called shit like Pat Maroon intentionally shooting the puck into Dallas' bench and hitting Kiviranta in the face.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    there were a few penalties I would have seen called on Tampa. I didn't the refs were getting chippy (pick a term, whatever) but there were a few slashes and hooks that could have been called on Tampa. I'll have to go check again, but there could have potentially been a roughing call on whomever hit Point into the boards about half way into the game (or was it earlier?)

I just thought it was rather convenient that Tampa got all the penalties after the third Dallas goal. It's entirely possible I'm reading into it way too much but still.

there were a few penalties I would have seen called on Tampa. I didn't the refs were getting chippy (pick a term, whatever) but there were a few slashes and hooks that could have been called on Tampa. I'll have to go check again, but there could have potentially been a roughing call on whomever hit Point into the boards about half way into the game (or was it earlier?)

I just thought it was rather convenient that Tampa got all the penalties after the third Dallas goal. It's entirely possible I'm reading into it way too much but still.

I mean, Maroon got a 10 minute misconduct but there was no actual penalty somehow, so I think it is fair to read into it.

Dallas had penalties not called several times. Even doc pointed it out.

50433.png?1708759015
    edited September 2020

The hit on point that caused bogosian to go insane and to give up his man allowing dallas their first goal?

Didn't look great, but point did turn into the hit at the last second, so I can't blame the hitter too much.

Edit: that was probably a defenseman that got crunched, not point, that I was thinking of

Burtletoy on
    Damn, both Bogosian and Schen are out, and we have Rutta in? Going with 12 forwards and 6 defense instead instead of the usual 11 and 7. I’m not a fan of Rutta anyway, though Bogo was rumored to be sat out from some of his antics in the last game.

50433.png?1708759015
    It's nice to finally see the power play click. No way Tampa was going to be a threat in the series if it kept coming up empty.

H0b0man wrote: »
    It's nice to finally see the power play click. No way Tampa was going to be a threat in the series if it kept coming up empty.

They seem to be pressuring and taking shots like they did when they were winning. Last game I never saw them playing like they did to get them there. Maybe a few minutes in the 3rd but none of those shots were worth a shit.

50433.png?1708759015
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    How long after an offsides like that can they challenge?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Brody wrote: »

Before next whistle I think?

50433.png?1708759015
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »

Before next whistle I think?

So basically forever? That's kind of bs.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Yeah. Until a whistle or until it leaves the zone and the it reenters on sides.

I still can’t believe Coleman just coasted in offsides while watching the puck carrier try and enter the zone behind him. No straddle the line, nothing, just coast in and fuck up a goal.

50433.png?1708759015
    So hypothetically, you could enter offsides, play for two minutes without it leaving the zone, finally score, but it could still be challenged?

This discussion has been closed.