As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Heads up, there is apparently some bullshit going on with a fake webstore.
    Important notice:

We’ve received multiple reports of a fraudulent website that has appeared over the last week that is using our name and logo on their web pages in conjunction with prices far below MSRP. We have seen stores like this before that appear as middlemen for fraudsters, functioning through the following methods:
    You check out on their site, getting an extremely good deal on an item that seems too good to be true.
    The site stores YOUR payment information in their database, which likely comprises multiple sites.
    The site then uses a previous customer’s information to buy the kit you just ordered from a legitimate webstore—in this case, ours—using the billing and shipping address provided to them at checkout. (This way you still get your kit, although it comes from us, not the other store. This is why they’re using our logo: to minimize suspicion and buy time to continue building their database of payment methods.)
    This creates a cycle of fraudulent purchases that are disputed repeatedly, meaning that we lose our product and anyone who doesn’t dispute the fraudulent charges loses their money.
    To clarify through an example, this store sells a PG GP01, a $210 kit, for $68. If you buy that kit, that store knows you are expecting to receive it and they have to get it to you even though they don't actually have it. The store takes your information you enter during checkout and proceeds in 1 of 2 ways: they either use your payment information to buy from us, or they use another of their customer's information to do so. In the event they use yours, you will see a $210 transaction in addition to the $68 one that you expected and you will report it as fraud. Otherwise, another customer will see a $210 transaction that they didn't authorize at all, and they'll also report that as fraud. Either way, the business keeps your original payment to them and we lose our product entirely in addition to fraud settlement fees.

We want to make it abundantly clear that any domain that is not “GundamPlanet.com” or “Figurise.com” does not operate in affiliation with us in any way. We also want to make it clear that you can rest assured that all of your payment information is 100% secure when you make a purchase from our site. Every transaction uses Braintree's encryption services so nothing is visible to any human during the transaction process.

Please make sure to avoid suspicious-looking sites, especially ones that seem to appear out of nowhere with a full inventory, and let us know when you see anyone using our name, logo, or graphics without authorization. You can also check business addresses and phone numbers to see if it seems like a legitimate establishment. We appreciate your understanding with this madness!

-The (Real) Gundam Planet Team-

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeesh, what a nightmare.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    holy cow

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    1dfafmczg5ay.jpg

Starting up the next project. This one might take a bit, gonna be painting the whole thing and there is a lot of little stuff that will need to be done by hand.

steam_sig.png
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    IMG_20200915_154637782.jpg

Hide your phantasmal WWII battleships.

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    *hell yeah intesifies*

https://youtu.be/zjUGP58KW7c

X22wmuF.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper, that's the level I want to take things. Where each spring, hose, bolt, etc is its own color and looks realistic.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i feel like there's a high chance a bunch of y'all have seen this already, but it's a neat articulation of different ways to read fictional universes that might be made of a bunch of fiddly little parts that don't quite snap together

1 more update cause I really wanted to get the torso in a displayable state.

9ec6h8r9j53t.jpg

If you didn't guess from the waist it's pretty obvious now that I am building the MG Barbatos.

snkaljofo41l.jpg

Backside. I left off the parts the silver pistons connect to cause I am undecided between just gunmetal or a 2 tone color using the same gold on the ahab reactors on the half the pistons go in.

steam_sig.png
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    i feel like there's a high chance a bunch of y'all have seen this already, but it's a neat articulation of different ways to read fictional universes that might be made of a bunch of fiddly little parts that don't quite snap together

This was really cool

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »

anything can be made to fit together with enough sandpaper and plastic cement

uc3ufTB.png
  • MidniteMidnite Registered User regular

The MG Wing Zero Custom Ver. KA is looking good. The bird mode is awesomely goofy looking.

Really looking forward to this one.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    1 more update cause I really wanted to get the torso in a displayable state.

9ec6h8r9j53t.jpg

If you didn't guess from the waist it's pretty obvious now that I am building the MG Barbatos.

snkaljofo41l.jpg

Backside. I left off the parts the silver pistons connect to cause I am undecided between just gunmetal or a 2 tone color using the same gold on the ahab reactors on the half the pistons go in.

recognised it right away since this is what I am working on too haha

I'm contemplating going back and doing some painting once I've put it together, since it seems real easy to take the armour plates off for airbrushing!

• NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    So, uh, yeah. I normally lurk this thread, and everywhere else here, but I just got some models in from Flame Toys, won them in a giveaway, woo! I've built a couple of the motorized Zoids, a couple of Wing Zeros, and a couple cars in the past, but I haven't built any kind of model in, at least, two decades. I hope these will turn out good.

Here are the models, putting them in a spoiler just in case:
    vEQqZpO.jpg

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    oooh, good set! Have fun with that! I pass on the Flame Toys stuff because I already own toys of all that, but there are some really impressive ones. Like, check out Drift. I kinda regret passing on him, in fact.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Yeah, Drift looks awesome. Him and G1 Optimus will, probably, be next on my list, at some point.

steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Turns out it's a right bastard trying to pose a Gundam to fit inside a cage. Got it into a decent looking configuration!

Edit; AUGH I just noticed the cat hair. JUNI.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM5qnJ75h3s

both this and the WZCvK look great and are going on my 'i want this but i don't need to buy this right away' list

uc3ufTB.png
    edited September 2020
    i wish the yellow parts were just more orange but other than that, lookin good

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    yall I am not enjoying this HG Barbatos build, I think I might throw it away incomplete. it's been sitting for a week without legs and I just don't want to do anything with it

ikbUJdU.jpg
    I think that Zeong is a good realization of a hideous mech

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yeah, I went through a few HG IBO kits. Barbatos Lupus was ok. But honestly, Gusion was my favorite. I’d love to see what could be done with RG.

Built the RG Evangelion. It was a fun build. Nice change of pace from Gundam. But not really planning on going back for more.

I think RG kits are where it’s at for me. Starting on the FA Unicorn... so far, I have the feet.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The Zeong is a beautiful beast and you're just a grumpy oldtype.
    Midnite wrote: »

The MG Wing Zero Custom Ver. KA is looking good. The bird mode is awesomely goofy looking.

It's me, the guy who thinks the metal feathers are dumb.

DarkPrimus on
    I also think they are dumb.

But I mean it as a compliment

X22wmuF.jpg
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    In my opinion, the Wing Zero Custom's wings were a cool idea that fit well with the over-the-top style that series went for. But they never looked as good outside of the animation, which cheats a fair bit to make them more life-like. When you really focus on them, even this upcoming kit's wings seem noticeably less 'future robot' and more 'plastic toy' than the rest of it does.

It's still an awesome kit. There's just something about the design of the wings that always seemed a bit underwhelming to me.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

The Zeong is a beautiful beast and you're just a grumpy oldtype.
    Midnite wrote: »

It's me, the guy who thinks the metal feathers are dumb.

metal feathers, more dumb than the zeong???

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Now Bandai

P-Bandai Flugel

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    Mysst wrote: »
    yall I am not enjoying this HG Barbatos build, I think I might throw it away incomplete. it's been sitting for a week without legs and I just don't want to do anything with it

That's a valid feeling, Mysst. What exactly are you not feeling about it?

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Save the parts of hijinks. Those frames are useful

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    well this is neat, bandai just announced a new line of candy toy kits called Gundam Artifact

artifact_TCr_4udIJDHyNYn5szr5WlOoDxgEDzykrL51.jpg

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1068426/

all you tabletoppers can put your mini painting skills to the test

uc3ufTB.png
    Wait so I can eat them?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    technically, yes

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Please do not eat the plastic models.

Also maybe don't call your non-candy-making division "Candy."

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    disappointed they're not a line of delicious butterscotch model kits.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

I feel like it's too spindly to be an HG. like, I don't really like the barbatos frame to begin with, I was just wanting to do it as practice

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Got the LEDs I ordered from GundamLED. I'll post some pictures comparing them to the cheap ones I got off Ebay tomorrow when I get batteries. I know someone probably Athenor was interested in how they are.

steam_sig.png
    Athenor wrote: »

I feel like it's too spindly to be an HG. like, I don't really like the barbatos frame to begin with, I was just wanting to do it as practice

I won't lie - I am REALLY afraid of doing the RG Crossbones because of how smol it is. I just don't know if I can do that!
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Got the LEDs I ordered from GundamLED. I'll post some pictures comparing them to the cheap ones I got off Ebay tomorrow when I get batteries. I know someone probably Athenor was interested in how they are.

I'm still waiting for my P-Bandai orders to come in. I asked my local store to get me the PG Unicorn LED kits (and ideally a Banshee Norn), but I haven't heard anything about that will end up. And yes, I'm all about those lighting solutions. :D

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    RG Crossbone doesn't have a skeleton like the other RGs do. But it still has a bunch of small parts!

RG Crossbone is a 1/144 MG like the Nu Gundam. It's a good kit.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.