As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

This could be misdirection but if not, I am not surprised.

Absalon on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »

This could be misdirection but if not, I am not surprised.

People have been complaining for a long time about builds they don't play

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i too have been furious about the balance of cast on melee kill detonate dead unarmed elemental hit elemental equilibrium proliferation crit doryanis fist summoner witch with no golems and 3 zero move speed level 95 skeletal archer spectres and also 180% increased aoe but also not using melee splash or ancestral call namelock zero range punch only builds for a very long time and i hope they finally address it

obF2Wuw.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Markov patch notes are out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/isu49q/what_happens_when_you_let_an_algorithm_write_the

Necro is mentioned twice and Mistress of Sacrifice as well, Necromancer is fucked lol

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    This update will be applied as an aura around your Skitterbot.

I guess I'm going Skitterbots this league?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Markov patch notes are out: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/isu49q/what_happens_when_you_let_an_algorithm_write_the

Necro is mentioned twice and Mistress of Sacrifice as well, Necromancer is fucked lol

Doesn't seem like the end of the world? Mistress capped at 50% again?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Necromancer path now causes you to have reduced critical strike chance or critical strike chance or critical strike chance or critical strike multiplier.

Some interesting mod work. Looks like it may be for a more deterministic system in 2.0?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    they nerfed VD/slinger necro like everyone thought that would

also, mistress being nerfed isn't too bad for actual summoners

I think maybe I want to try Crackling Lance CoC Discharge? And if the CoC Discharge doesn't work, just all in on Crackling Lance. But I will probably end up league starting spectres. Even with Redemption Sentries being nerfed, I can just use the act 5 mobs, or find something else to use.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Or try some ridiculous scheck build with Crackling Lance and Blazing Salvo and Ice Lance on some stupid CoC setup.

edited September 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    they nerfed VD/slinger necro like everyone thought that would

also, mistress being nerfed isn't too bad for actual summoners

It's not, but it will just get the people who don't play necro to complain about something like Soulwrest because a video makes it look better than it is.

The reduction in the Necro is kinda eh, as flesh offering was a nice nuke boost but it can be played without it.

jungleroomx on
    As a SC who has heard a couple of times now the complaints about repeated nerfs to survivability, seeing the nerfs to Glancing Blows, Enduring Cry, Divine Flesh, and Offerings is a bit annoying, because I know its going to become a bitching point.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    as somebody who doesnt put defensive mechanics in their builds cos they dont care im just cacklin

obF2Wuw.png
    No mention of Earthshatter nerfs and Gladiators dgaf about Glancing Blows, so Earthshatter Zerker, Lacerate or bleed bow are still on the menu for me.

I wanna do Unleash Firestorm so I can drop a bunch of meteors on people

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Right? I really want those meteors to be good.

I’m increasingly thinking that call of steel might be more annoying than fun. Does the patch typically appear before the league? Maybe I’ll try it if so.

And then again, I’m still curious to see any passive changes for hexes/doom.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    No mention of Earthshatter nerfs and Gladiators dgaf about Glancing Blows, so Earthshatter Zerker, Lacerate or bleed bow are still on the menu for me.

earthshatter serker is sleeper OP if u can handle the wrist pain

J3qcnBP.png
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Right? I really want those meteors to be good.

I’m increasingly thinking that call of steel might be more annoying than fun. Does the patch typically appear before the league? Maybe I’ll try it if so.

And then again, I’m still curious to see any passive changes for hexes/doom.

The patch basically always occurs simultaneously with the league. The way they talk about things, the changes they make to the game at large for balance, and the changes they make in terms of adding content for the league, are as a matter of fact always the same patch.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I thought I had another day to finish my challenges, not sure why, apparently calendars are hard. I had basically everything saved up to do them, just hadn't had time to sit down and do it.

Ah well, harvest was fun so can't complain I guess. My earthshatter JUGG was definitely the best character I made. I didn't even get around to crafting or buying a decent weapon and it was still awesome with a Hege's Era.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I really could have hit 36 if I hadn't loaded up Hollow Knight for the first time. Oh well, nothing of value lost.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    PoE is good like that

wanna go ham during a league? there is content galore

wanna just try out some new builds or reimagine a old one? huge sweeping changes which most of the time are fresh

wanna just veg out killing monsters with a podcast on? hell yeah brother maps for days

just got into a diff game or a new release? np bro ggg got you see you in 3 months when we do this all over again

good vibes

J3qcnBP.png
    i dont actually know what any of the challenges are and i hope to remain in this state of blissful ignorance for all time

obF2Wuw.png
  • FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I kind of need that cat from the challenges, sooo I may be going for that this league.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2020
    Unless I get really lucky with this PSU return, I think I'm going to miss league start by a bit this time v.v

Brody on

Good news - you can get Delirium as a map mod.
    Also news - it costs 16 chaos.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    PoE is good like that

wanna go ham during a league? there is content galore

wanna just try out some new builds or reimagine a old one? huge sweeping changes which most of the time are fresh

wanna just veg out killing monsters with a podcast on? hell yeah brother maps for days

just got into a diff game or a new release? np bro ggg got you see you in 3 months when we do this all over again

good vibes

That’s part of what I love about this genre. The other is that shorter play sessions can still feel worthwhile; whereas this summer I only got through Last of Us 2, and still have ff7 and doom waiting to get started, because I feel like I need a good 2+ hours at a time for games like that.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Patch notes at 8 pm

firestorm looks sick
    shattering steel looks fucking busted

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    "Added more than 800 Alternate-Quality variants of existing and new Support and Skill Gems."

...Welp, am I going to be playing more PoB than PoE?

(She/Her)
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Vulnerability

No longer causes attack hits to have a chance to Maim cursed enemies.
    No longer causes cursed enemies to take increased physical damage from damage over time.
    Curses applied by casting this spell now gain 10 Doom per second.
    Now causes ailments inflicted on cursed enemies to deal damage 20% faster.

fucking lol

• FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    I'm very tempted by that shattering steel. It looked kind of lame in the developer video, but I assume it will get a lot cooler with the right support gems. Steel impale explosions caster is hard to pass up!

Now I just need to figure out how the heck to build that before Friday.....that hexblast is pretty tempting too though....

steam_sig.png
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vulnerability

No longer causes cursed enemies to take increased physical damage from damage over time.

fucking lol

Is this the final fantasy Doom where monsters die after a set period? That would be fun. Or is it more like Ruthless?( think that's the one)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2935826

Whoa mama, there are a LOT of new base types.
    Fiatil wrote: »
    I'm very tempted by that shattering steel. It looked kind of lame in the developer video, but I assume it will get a lot cooler with the right support gems. Steel impale explosions caster is hard to pass up!

Now I just need to figure out how the heck to build that before Friday.....that hexblast is pretty tempting too though....

Shattering Steel's numbers look pretty nuts
    Now has a base attack speed multiplier of 85%.
    Now deals 100% of base damage at gem level 1, up to 127% at gem level 20.
    Now has 8 to 12 added attack physical damage at gem level 1, up to 113 to 169 added attack physical damage at gem level 20.
    Now has a 40% chance to impale enemies on hit.
    Now fires 2 additional projectiles.
    Projectiles now deal up to 100% more damage at close range, based on the distance they travel, per Steel Shard consumed.
    Now grants 1 Steel Charge when you consume Steel Shards, granting +4% chance to block attack projectiles per steel charge. These have a base duration of 5 seconds.
    Now consumes up to 2 Steel Shards.
    Now fires only one projectile if no Steel Shards are consumed.

Also: Each time you consume Steel Shards, you gain a Steel Charge (up to a maximum of 6), which grants 4% chance to block attack projectiles per Steel Charge.

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'm leaning toward some kind of Crackling Lance + Archmage on top of a Sigil of Power, but the steel skills look much improved too.

(She/Her)
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Vulnerability

fucking lol

This is now an incredible Blasphemy-ized 2nd/3rd curse for DoT builds innt