As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Magic The Gathering Arena] Kamigawa; where Keanu plays some sort of Cyborg Rat Ninja

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Huzzah! Hit Lvl 90 for the first time! And got my flower pup!

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    500 gems for 400 gems/2000 gold today

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Those 500 gems put me over 3400 gems. So now I need to figure out if I should buy this season's BP or next season's. Probably going to take this season's since I'll hit level 80 tomorrow and the pup is cute.

steam_sig.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    That feeling when you draft Run Afoul twice and then use it in your first match, expecting it to sacrifice a creature without flying.
    But no. It's the opposite.

After thinking, 'Why's this vampire getting attacked in the art then?'

discrider on
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    That feeling when you draft Run Afoul twice and then use it in your first match, expecting it to sacrifice a creature without flying.
    But no. It's the opposite.

After thinking, 'Why's this vampire getting attacked in the art then?'

Vampires fly all the time. Not as frequently as they used to now that they've become a race rather than an iconic monster, sure, but there's still a few around.

Also why would green get that effect?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
    Made Diamond with the debuff deck:
    cxm3g4v9an3v.png
    Doom Foretold debuffing the game in general of course.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    cxm3g4v9an3v.png

Debuffing your opponent's will to live.

edited September 2020
    admanb wrote: »
    cxm3g4v9an3v.png

Debuffing your opponent's will to live.

Also, my own, in keeping with the deck concept.

And.. apparently at Diamond I get to inflict this deck on Mythics.
    So I guess that's a thing.

discrider on
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    cxm3g4v9an3v.png

How do you find the main deck 4-of Lurrus? That looks like a crazy value engine with the Omen.

Lurrus draws removal out from the opponent like nobody's business, so with an Omen or a second Lurrus in hand, you at least have the option of playing the cat early/on-curve without being too concerned about what happens next.

Lurrus + graveyard Omen is also very good at drawing all the other creatures back out of the graveyard and into your hand.
    Then you can scry to put the Omen back, or just be filthy and sacrifice it to Doom Foretold.
    The ideal is to also have the archon in play and start spitting out Pegasi with the same cycle too.

I should probably remove the Eilodons honestly and look at moving to limit the amount of dead cards against creature-less decks.

I also want to try out Magnara over Doom Foretold, as the only reason Doom went in was Adventure decks.
    And Magnara's like 'your lucky clovers help me too now'

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Because apparently I only run stupid janky combo decks in Platinum, I'm now playing a Thousand Year Storm deck that uses Mythos of Illuna to copy TYS and copies Explore/Growth Spiral/Seasonal Ritual (Rosethorn Acolyte adventure) for lots of mana

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    me right now

ttshnrr71mr0.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

Grinning like an idiot after my enchantment creature buff deck somehow manages to aggro down some green deck that got two gemrazors on the field.

750 gold quest "Kill 25 of your opponent's creatures"

Creatureless control and combo decks as far as the eye can see

Feral wrote: »

come join me in Historic Platinum where it's mono-Red for days.

Every damned time. Fortunately for some of us limited solves this problem but I still hate this quest. It's the only one that relies on the contents of your opponent's deck.

Also exiling doesn't count for some stupid reason. I run Leyline of the Void in a few decks and it just completely invalidates this quest.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social

I am in Historic Platinum!

well...

hm

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

"There's nothing wrong with the matchmaking algorithm"

well...

hm

I just played against yet another draw-go deck

this time it was Sultai that just wanted to counterspell, thoughseize, agonizing remorse, counterspell, etc until he cast Hydroid Krasis

I killed his Krasis but that refilled his hand for more counterspells

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Been having too much fun with a tutelage/ominous seas turbo draw deck.

Have accidently milled myself 3 times. Its great.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I've had a series of amazingly fun games the last few nights. People seem to have abandoned their meta beating netdecks for some more fun stuff at the end of the rotation/mastery pass and its so great to be engaged in ridiculous clashes of creatures, old style damage exchanges and careful adding up of power and toughness. Had my most fun game ever where a series of tiny lifelinking human 1/1 warriors held a 20/20 and growing Warden of Garrenbrig alongside a mass of giant green creatures at bay until I eventually got some Champions to stick and some ajani's and then slowly grinded my way back into the game until I played a march of the multitudes for 10, gained a ridiculous amount of life, and then killed the Warden with a fight spell. It was (oddly) a 25/25 healers hawk which killed it when it was 24/24. Best game ever. I do wish there was a 'game record' or something where you could put up a play by play that people could run inside the engine. I swear this game was ABSURDLY tense. They had so many awesome green tools, all firing really well, and this cool 'double up adventures' gimick but in the end it just wasn't quite enough when I got my board set up where every card game me more draw, more life and more creatures. I was so close to dead, I think I survived one round on 4 life or something.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
    edited September 2020
    The play by play should be in the log file for the game.
    Don't know how long it persists for though.
    And it's a pain to read.

discrider on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Just got back into Arena. Playing the Green/Red 'Stomp Stomp' NPE deck, and it's genuinely good. Only lost to a few solidly constructed decks so far.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I played someone playing one of those treasure hunt/thassa's oracle decks in historic and on turns 2, 3, and 4 they played treasure hunt and immediately drew the next treasure hunt.

Like, that's a dumb deck, but uh, sorry dude that sucks.

live by the treasure hunt, die by the treasure hunt

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kargan Intimidator combos really well with Winota

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Norgoth wrote: »
    I played someone playing one of those treasure hunt/thassa's oracle decks in historic and on turns 2, 3, and 4 they played treasure hunt and immediately drew the next treasure hunt.

Like, that's a dumb deck, but uh, sorry dude that sucks.

that's dumb, they made a dumb deck

my Frog Legs deck does the same thing but better

• DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    drunkenly stumbled in to Diamond tier with a makeshift Standard Green Monsters deck and Historic Golgari Ramp Ugin "Fuck your meta" deck... now its just weird control decks as far as the eye can see... Think i'll just ride this out till rotation.

DanHibiki on
    Climbing diamond with dumb now buff deck:
    q3khpetx4rd5.png

Oh I see how it is. Now that I've made a green stompy deck that deliberately metas against control decks, now I mirror against all the other green stompies in Historic.

Fine, Arena. back to monoblack it is.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    So you guys do know that if you challenge a player on your friend list neither of you get credit for wins but you do get credit for quests, right?

Oh I see how it is. Now that I've made a green stompy deck that deliberately metas against control decks, now I mirror against all the other green stompies in Historic.

Fine, Arena. back to monoblack it is.

Whew. My first matchup was elves. This deck eats elves.

Wow, there is a LOT of monogreen in Platinum Historic tonight.

After three green stompies and an elves, now we've got green ramp into Ulamog.

(Ron Howard voice: he's never gonna get to cast Ulamog)

Oh neat, monoblack mirror match against somebody named GrimKnight with a Liliana avatar and Elspeth's Nightmare sleeves.

I'm not sure your deck is good but I sincerely appreciate your commitment to your theme.

edited September 2020
    Those are my favourite opponents.

discrider on
    Sleeves are the greatest temptation for me whenever they pop up in Daily Deals. This close to rotation I can usually fight it...

Speaking of which I finished the M21 Master Pass at level 101. I did the Yargle Day event and I think there was a free level from a historic thing in there somewhere but other than that just quests and 15 wins/week. Still 100% F2P minus the codes I get from paper prerelease kits.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    edited September 2020
    I just get the free currency from the store.
    I've only been tempted to spend anything on Jumpstart and its lands.

Oh and mastery pass too I guess, because doggo.
    But that's more F2P lucre

discrider on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    The Renewal Gifts aren't supposed to give you shit that literally just rotated out of Standard, right?

qg1bh7c34pwx.jpg

EDIT: Reddit says this is a case of them simply repasting the code from last year's renewal?

metaghost on