As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Ugh. I let my pile of weapons grow so large it's unruly at this point.

....I should probably bite the bullet and shard everything that's not an artifact/7* at this point.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Ugh. I let my pile of weapons grow so large it's unruly at this point.

....I should probably bite the bullet and shard everything that's not an artifact/7* at this point.

I did that, not realizing that some teams, like magic lightning, need 4 DPS artifacts because there isn't a dedicated support.

So now I have a lightning magic sword, because there are literally not enough normal lightning magical artifacts to go around, and at least Desch and Ashe can use it.

But I also accidentally bought a Mnd rod for XII, because of course, the DOOM ROD is for Penelo, and not for Vayne/Ashe.

And I still have a couple spare tokens, because I've run my rainbow shards dry. But I have at least two artifacts for literally every realm, and 3 for each of phys/mag for every element, so it's not like I need more either.

I do have a bunch of 6* weapons (and armors) that are rosetta'd up that I could shard though, but at this point, it's just for equipping the third tier of my DPS in each realm, which is an incredibly low priority.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I've read that all the ones with a radiant shield on lenses can be done through that fun times method.
    The only eject is in phase one so burn everything to get out of that and then radiance it up.

So far I've done
    IX crystal
    X magicite
    XIII crystal
    XV crystal
    FFT - this was the hardest because I don't have a holy chain here and tried to do it with holy magicite to save tails.

I'm looking at XII and am startled to notice I have 5 aasbs in this realm.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Why the lightning magic sword? You can get a rod, dagger, and staff with MAG. The staff would be the one I'm most worried about, but it can be used by Matoya, Desch, Palom, Garnet, Vivi, Ashe, Rapha, Marach, and Dr mog. And I think that's just about all the prominent lightning casters.

Unless your magic lightning team uses 4 DPS, which I wasn't initially considering.

Enlong wrote: »
    Why the lightning magic sword? You can get a rod, dagger, and staff with MAG. The staff would be the one I'm most worried about, but it can be used by Matoya, Desch, Palom, Garnet, Vivi, Ashe, Rapha, Marach, and Dr mog. And I think that's just about all the prominent lightning casters.

Unless your magic lightning team uses 4 DPS, which I wasn't initially considering.

Ashe, Shantotto, Garnet, Desch, Healer.

3 AASBs, two gen 2 CSBs.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Maybe I'll just do it for physical weapons, and leave my magic ones to go back to later.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    In a sign of just how biased FFT is towards holy, I was remaking my Geocities team and I completely forgot that Rapha existed despite having her AASB.

Well, that cleaned out a ton of my VAULT, but not so much my inventory.

I think I just have to bite the bullet and expand it some

Oh boy. 2 discos.

Ayame OSB dupe
    Lion USB

...This does not help in the slightest.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    WOW...my luck has changed. 2/3 discos again!

Zeid AOSB...ok ok fine....and Lion AASB! Damn I have 2 AASBs now on this realm! Maybe...I can attempt Greg with this....

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    3/3! First time!

Two discoes!
    Lion empowered glint
    Dupe shantotto AOSB
    Dupe naja AOSB

Whomp whomp

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hey speak of radiant shield users get a wow really bad banner.

Zeus AASB is that decent?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Huh. Lion’s USB2.

Triggers instantly, Enwater, Water Radiant Shield to the party, and physical quickcast for the party for 2 turns.

That’s a really solid USB. It’s got like 4 strong effects that all work well together. The one wrinkle here is something that’s not a problem with Lion herself: my Water team generally uses Kimahri, because of his Awakening, and his USB also provides Water Radiant. Not sure if she can outpace the usefulness of an Awakening at the level of something like Ifrit, because at that level I’m definitely using 2 healers or Tyro, so space is limited. But she does have way better options to get Enwater than Kimahri. Definitely something to play around with.

Also, it will be interesting to see how well she performs on the Imperil Water side of things compared to Rikku. Lion can dualcast Thief and has speed on her side, but Rikku’s USB has an Imperil opener and an Imperil chase.

—————

Speaking of Rikku, I should try out a X team against Greg. 60% of my Water team is also a X team, so that should be hilarious.

Hadn't even realized Lion had two USBs.

Apparently I got her terrible one.

ztrEPtD.gif
    It was good when it was current. When she first came out, she was, like Vaan, good because she could do a lot of debuffs. But elemental meta has consumed the game whole, so Water she must now be.

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Dupe/3 on FFXI, which means I still have no AASBs or better for the realm.

Tonight we find out if I can make this happen with Shantotto chain + USB, Ashe USB2+Sync and a whole lotta entrusting.

edited September 2020
    XarJPmO.jpg

So, I didn't realize that Aphmau's USB2 gives same row QC. Between that and Shantotto completely ripping him a new one, this ended up being way easier than I expected. Also, apparently I have Ayame's USB? Well, whatever. She was on auxillary duty mostly anyway. Zeid and Totto brought AAAALLL the combo hits and tons of damage each one of their turns, plus Zeid was shockingly self-sufficient once his chase was up. Two chances to full heal per attack? Yes, please.

Totto USB/AASB/AOSB
    Zeid USB/AOSB
    Aphmau USB2/AASB
    Curilla USB
    Ayame USB

X tomorrow should be a snap. Tidus, Paine, Wakka AASBs, plus Rikku (and Paine... and Tidus) water CSBs. Iris guest starring because Yuna's USB1 is not going to cut it. I think I'll probably coast until FF3, but 3-1 all might be irritating.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Finally, I got a usable relic out of the parade: Lion glint. I had her AASB but no way to refresh the enwater, so this is much appreciated.

Everything prior to this was an unmitigated disaster. A bunch of dupes (including what I'm certain must have been my eighth or ninth Snow CSB), two AOSBs on characters I have nothing else for, and Fran USB1, a relic so bad that I reread it twice thinking I must have made some mistake.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    So to add insult to injury, they replaced Hope relics with that Beyond creature for Global.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

LOL that Beyond Creature

rdledq4fnnxt.png

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    It's a joke already that they created a banner for a mechanic they've tried very hard to make obsolete.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    New mote dungeons coming, are they replacing the old ones? Do I have to dump all my stamina today on finishing those?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I think you have a week.

Also, supposedly if you spend your Rubies on Motes, you'll get reimbursed.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/itv1ah/time_to_blow_rubies_like_hammer_blew_dollars/

YOLOing on job motes. Rubies were just sitting there anyway

I've come to the conclusion that everyone from FF XII sucks. I have an AASB for everyone and still can't beat greg. slowly pouring more and more motes waters and other junk into these losers but should probably move on. sunk costs etc.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

How many of which though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

How many of which though.

Every knight mote, for starters, because it's still not enough. I regret getting 250 of them a while back now.

For the others I have a spreadsheet. One sec, when I'm at the computer

edited September 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that everyone from FF XII sucks. I have an AASB for everyone and still can't beat greg. slowly pouring more and more motes waters and other junk into these losers but should probably move on. sunk costs etc.

I laugh in Ashe. TBH, I did use a lv 80 HC. That realm is a mess when it comes to elements.

EDIT: I've heard bad things about Basch and Gabranth's AASB but if their USBs are anything to go buy, they really need a Tyro to do damage.

lionheart_m on
    At HC 65 no one wants to break cap on rage 3. Vaan's AASB is probably one of the worst. I think Vayne OSB hit for 7k or so.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2020
    Okay, apparently I was a dumbass and had been using a slightly out of date spreadsheet so I OVERbought like 30 motes for almost everything. *headdesk*

Anyway, I THINK I've gotten every job mote possible, so assuming you have as well, this is how many to purchase:

Knight: all of them. It's still not enough.
    <snipped because I overshot>

The fact that some of them are 5's and others are 0s are a bit weird? I must have messed up somewhere. That should give you a ballpark, though.

Apparently future mote needs:

60 Monk motes (Aphmau/Iris dives)
    30 Spellblade motes (Alisae)
    30 Samurai motes (Ardyn)
    30 Dragoon motes (Ardyn)

e: Fixed thief.
    e2: fixed samurai, I don't have any extra
    e3: removed bad advice.

Jragghen on
    Huh. An actual OSB doing that little damage is weird. Gilgamesh wasn't using his Perfect Defense buff at the time, was he?

No, but I ran out of chain and he may have had some of muramasa and synergy debuff on me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

At lv 65 HC you're better off using a magicite deck.

At lv 65 HC you're better off using a magicite deck.

Good luck building a coherent deck for FFXII, though. It's a realm that seems designed to be as elementally diverse as it can. Your best bet there would be to make a Dark deck for Gabranth and Vayne, or maybe a Lightning one if you go all in on Ashe and have Fran use her Imperil Lightning SSB.

Definitely a realm that wants that realm crystal powered up.

There are only three ruby skills left to appear, so if you've bought all of them so far, you only need to reserve at most, 540 rubies.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Ok this was the team I cleared 12 with:

Balthier CSB/USB1 doing Imperil Fire for him
    Fran AASB using the Celerity Ice skill
    Penelo Dance Chase USB
    Ashe AASB+AOSB using Chainja Lightning
    Vayne BUSB going Magic spreading that Instacast love

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Hmm, I haven't been running out of RW chains, and I've generally been using one right at the start and then refreshing them when they run out. You could try waiting for the first Perfect Defense to put up the first chain and then going from there.

For most realms, I've gone with 2-3 6* magicites and the rest Madeens. Let's say the realm is fire/wind/dark, my deck would look something like this:
    Valefor, HP Boon, Heal Boon
    Ifrit, Fire ATK x2
    Diabolos, HP Boon, Heal Boon
    Madeen, Spell Ward, Blade Ward
    Madeen, Crit Chance, Crit Damage

That gives me pretty decent defenses, decent ATK/MAG up, Wind gets a big boost from imperil, Fire gets a smaller boost from having two Fire ATK ups, and Dark at least gets a little something.

You can also just bite the bullet and put the historia crystal to 80; it's not that expensive, you can afford to do a few of them.

My FFXII clear was:

Vayne USB1 (as mage)
    Balthier G+/AASB
    Elarra USB1/AASB
    Fran AASB
    Ashe G+/USB1/AASB

RW chain. Used a level 80 HC. Ashe carried the dispel. Elarra the hastega. Fran handled the RW/HC stuff. MM/DMT on Elarra and Ashe. Thunder God on Balthier.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I'm pretty behind on magicite too...

Got him. Starting first chain after first perfect defense and buying Balthazar an OSB solved it.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2020
    Took him down, but my team has a rage-killer Sync on it, so I don't think I'm much of a thing to follow.

Ashe: Chain Thundaja, Voltech | Sync, USB (1?), OSB, Glint
    Basch: Healing Smite, Banishing Strike | USB (Party buff), USB (Enholy)
    Larsa: Entrust, Wrtath | Glint
    Balthier: Burning Snipe, Burnt Offering | Glint, Awakening, USB, OSB
    Elarra: Warrior's Hymn, Allegro Con Moto | Glint+, USB1, Awakening

Basch buffed ATK and MAG for the party with his Torment-bait USB (the one that's a copy of Hyper Mighty G), Ashe used her Sync early to blast down Rages with the OSB command 1, and Balthier used his Awakening when Ashe's Sync wore off, but didn't actually break damage cap, so I might as well have just stuck with further casts of his USB, I think. Probably the same strategy can be followed with an Awakening for someone like Ashe, and maybe a low-hit-high-multiplier attack to ensure a rage break when needed.

Most important was the OSBs. For fights designed like this (with 3 phases and the third one is a super tanky DPS race), my strategy in phase 3 devolves into just chucking OSBs at it until it falls over, using meter I've built up over the fight.

Larsa used his Glint twice to block annoying status ailments, and otherwise was entrusting to Elarra.

I would say build up that XII crystal if needed, and just try to get as many stat or damage buffs as you can. Basch kinda sucks, but his USB is still nice for a fight like this. Sadly I don't have a lot of great insight here.

edit:

Hey, nice job! Yeah, OSBs are nice. Not the most exciting thing, but they sure do their job.

Enlong on