As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ahem... (PAX Pre-Registration is Live)

Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
edited January 2008 in PAX Archive
I present to you...

PAX 2008 Early Bird Pre-Reg!!!

The PAX 2008 site will go live on Monday, but you guys get first crack at Pre-Reg. Go nuts. :)

Also, Hotel info will be released shortly, so I'd hold off on registering for hotels until we get you the cheap-o rate.

Some guy.
Robert Khoo on

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    WOOT! Too bad I don't get paid until after it goes live anyways... But still, PAX is a-comin'

Dreamwriter on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    wewt!

Remember: Everybody loves BYOC :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

The PAX 2008 site will go live on Monday, but you guys get first crack at Pre-Reg. Go nuts. :)

This is why you're the Best.

Highfire on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    hooray!

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And the world rejoiced.

Sadly I've got to hold off till I know where I'll be come august.

Kyanilis on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What's the deadline for early-bird pre-reg? And there's no limit to them, right?

Thanatos on
    edited January 2008
    Usually, it's March 31st, no limit as far as I know.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I am registered! Huzzah!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Problem:

It only lets me select the physical ticket thing. While the will call thing is great, it will only let me select Canadia and United States as a shipping adress. I don't live in either country.

I am cry :'(

Sl1pstream on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Woot, fantastic! I'll put in my two tickets as soon as I get home from work. =)

EDIT: Registered! Now we've GOT to go. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    Sl1pstream wrote: »
    Problem:

It only lets me select the physical ticket thing. While the will call thing is great, it will only let me select Canadia and United States as a shipping adress. I don't live in either country.

Those outside of North America are will-call only. Last year we had issues with passes just not getting to other continents in time, despite us sending them 45 days in advance.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    What is with the $1.99 service fee?

That_Guy on
  • Ty1012Ty1012 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    done.
    now I just need to wait for BYOC reg to go up/

Ty1012 on
  • SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »

I'm not sure I like the way this site is set up. ...I think I'll just wait.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Soups wrote: »

...For it to cost more? This is the ground floor. If you don't get on here, it'll only get more "expensive" (which I put in quotes because PAX prices day-of are still a lot less than for other conventions with less to offer).

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited January 2008
    hmm - i'm not sure what this 1.99 fee is you're referring to. It's not supposed to be there. Fehlauer may pop in here to answer this question.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
    edited January 2008

...For it to cost more? This is the ground floor. If you don't get on here, it'll only get more "expensive" (which I put in quotes because PAX prices day-of are still a lot less than for other conventions with less to offer).

Cost more? I don't care. It's not like PAX is an incredibly expensive event. Plus, any opportunity I have to throw my money at G&T is an opportunity I'll take, thanks.

I'm an irrational human being, I know.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
    edited January 2008

Cost more? I don't care. It's not like PAX is an incredibly expensive event. Plus, any opportunity I have to throw my money at G&T is an opportunity I'll take, thanks.

With such sentiment as that, I must say my respect for you is greatly increased.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited January 2008

With such sentiment as that, I must say my respect for you is greatly increased.

Thanks! :D

...Was it low to begin with? :S

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    We're using a new ticketing system: Brown Paper Tickets. These guys are a scrappy local outfit that's a bit more in tune with PAX. Great group of folks that support a lot of indie events and musicians here in Seattle.

I set up the ticketing pipeline, and while doing so missed the toggle that indicates who pays the Brown Paper Ticket service fee. It's fixed now, and we'll figure out a way to refund those that were overcharged.

Sorry about that!

Mike Fehlauer on
    edited January 2008
    We're using a new ticketing system: Brown Paper Tickets. These guys are a scrappy local outfit that's a bit more in tune with PAX. Great group of folks that support a lot of indie events and musicians here in Seattle.

I set up the ticketing pipeline, and while doing so missed the toggle that indicates who pays the Brown Paper Ticket service fee. It's fixed now, and we'll figure out a way to refund those that were overcharged.

Sorry about that!

Guess I'm going with Brown Paper Tickets after all.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2008
    A portion of Brown Paper Tickets profits is given back to the communities we serve. You can help decide where the money from this sale goes by choosing a charity from our current list of recipients.

What, no Child's Play?

:P

Registered.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited January 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    A portion of Brown Paper Tickets profits is given back to the communities we serve. You can help decide where the money from this sale goes by choosing a charity from our current list of recipients.

What, no Child's Play?

Seriously. Khoo, Feh, and PRD need to get that set up STAT. Could make A LOT for Child's Play.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited January 2008
    Shoot. If Child's Play is added to the list, can I change who I chose to contribute to? I think at the moment it's the musicians.

VThornheart on
  • Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Working on it. :)

Mike Fehlauer on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    That's probably the best $40 I'll spend this year.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    edited January 2008
    It always is

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there anyway to confirm that I did in fact hit the "Yes" buttons on the BYOC and the Omegathon questions? I was hoping it was going to be in the conformation details, but it's not listed.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Can PAX be used as a write off?
    I could always say it's for work.

Highfire on
    edited January 2008
    Highfire, tell you what: we'll try to meet up sometime during the convention. I'll give you my business card, you give me yours, and we'll write down some nonsense notes about potential business transactions. Would that be the prerequisite proof needed to write it off? =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2008
    Sl1pstream wrote: »
    Problem:

Those outside of North America are will-call only. Last year we had issues with passes just not getting to other continents in time, despite us sending them 45 days in advance.

So I just fill in my name, without the adress? I don't mind the will-call, as my badge got lost in the mail last year.

Sl1pstream on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008

Sorry about that!

You were that offended over $2?

I can give you $2 if you want?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Well I bought my ticket but sadly it only allows me to select either Canada or the US, I don't live in either country. I think I may have to email them to explain this as there is the possibility that they will try and ship it to the weird address I gave them. The first part is fine but I really don't live in the US but the UK! Can someone contact them to make sure there is a dialogue box to confirm that you are from outside North America?

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited January 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Well I bought my ticket but sadly it only allows me to select either Canada or the US, I don't live in either country. I think I may have to email them to explain this as there is the possibility that they will try and ship it to the weird address I gave them. The first part is fine but I really don't live in the US but the UK! Can someone contact them to make sure there is a dialogue box to confirm that you are from outside North America?

Pay attention (Mr. Khoo should probably duplicate his later post in his first post too):

And also BigRed...
    BigRed wrote: »

PAY ATTENTION:

This is forums 101 guys. Read the thread.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
    edited January 2008
    Aye... I mean, I'm shocked that it's still only 40 bucks for 3 days. I've heard of (and desperately wanted to go to, but couldn't possibly afford) conventions whose cost for a similar period of time was *thousands* of dollars... and I imagine they were far less interesting than PAX. Probably sitting around talking about Networking security for three days in a stuffy business room with stale donuts in the corner. =)

40 (er, 42) bucks to go to a convention that's actually fun? Score! ;-)

VThornheart on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    BigRed wrote: »

Sorry about that!

$2 feeds me for 2 days. But I'm poor so :P

Shade on
  • hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there a benefit to buying early bird tickets? I mean, I'm definitely going, but the more money I can blow on hookers and booze now is all the more appreciated.

hamburger helper on
    statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Is there a benefit to buying early bird tickets? I mean, I'm definitely going, but the more money I can blow on hookers and booze now is all the more appreciated.

They're cheaper. In the past, it's saved you about $15 for a 3-day pass, IIRC.

ASimPerson on
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    kropotkin wrote: »

Pay attention (Mr. Khoo should probably duplicate his later post in his first post too):

I ask you to read my post again. To quote myself:

"Well I bought my ticket but sadly it only allows me to select either Canada or the US, I don't live in either country."

Let's just read the italics again:

but sadly it only allows me to select either Canada or the US

This means I had to provide a BAD ADDRESS to progress the order meaning that they think I'm from the US. I emailed them explaining it I just want PA to ask them to fix it.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited January 2008
    Same problem here. I still haven't registered for that reason.

Sl1pstream on
This discussion has been closed.