As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Shadowlands: It's out!

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Also there is the fact the ptr is still kind of a mess. Currently any class with a heal spec loses mana rapidly when in combat. At least in pvp.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Also there is the fact the ptr is still kind of a mess. Currently any class with a heal spec loses mana rapidly when in combat. At least in pvp.

Ah, bringing back the classics.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Well at least they fixed the fact that reforging or picking azerite traits required a zone to take effect. So if you wanted to reset the traits it took like 5 rezones. We still will need to mess with them a bit so that needed to be fixed.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Just wanna double check on something; if I unlock heritage armor on one character, it is unlocked on all future / current characters of the same race right?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Just wanna double check on something; if I unlock heritage armor on one character, it is unlocked on all future / current characters of the same race right?

Yeah

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok if I unlock daily quests on one character it unlocks for all?
    I asked in game since I did level outside of BFA but my hunter unlocked them but it did not unlock for my rogue?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »

Yeah

yeah it goes in the transmog archive once you get it like any item, and thus is account-wide

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I asked in game since I did level outside of BFA but my hunter unlocked them but it did not unlock for my rogue?

You need to go to the boat and talk to <war campaign man> to unlock them on alts.

Brainleech wrote: »

You need to go to the boat and talk to <war campaign man> to unlock them on alts.

When? and who?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    when you reach 120, and it's probably Nathanos for horde and... Mathias Shaw? King Werewolf? Somebody important on the boat? for alliance. I haven't done alliance.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there is usually a two week delay between the announcement of the end of the pvp season and the next patch, so that people know to push rating and can then spend their points.

I imagine we'll have that announcement tomorrow, the prepatch at the end of the month, and then a month of prepatch activities before release

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    To unlock the dailies in BFA you just have to hit level 120. Return to the boat you do the war campaign stuff from, and the general-type person for your faction will have a quest that you just accept and it auto completes to unlock both the dailies and the flight whistle. You have to do this per character, but I mean, it's not even an actual task aside from getting to max level.

On a different note I'm shifting gears from alt leveling to grinding out reps I never finished on my main. There's not a lot of them left to do but the ones that are lacking are way behind.

No I'm not doing the Bloodsail Buccaneers. Jesus jumped up Christ that grind. WHY.

when you reach 120, and it's probably Nathanos for horde and... Mathias Shaw? King Werewolf? Somebody important on the boat? for alliance. I haven't done alliance.

Ok I talking to Nathanos just gives me the quests for ready for war
    I found another boat and it took me to Nazjatar got my ass kicked and hearthed out of there
    Gallywix just has he motherloade quest
    So I am kind of confused

It should be a quest that like... you don't go anywhere or do anything. Just talking to the NPC with the orange ! above their head completes it in the same breath as 'accepting' it. The reward will say "World Quests" or something to that extent, and again, a flight whistle.

edited September 2020
    If Nathanos doesn't have the world quest unlock quest (like Henroid says, you just complete it on the spot), then it sounds like you either haven't actually unlocked world quests on another character (you have to specifically unlock BfA world quests, not Legion ones), or the bizarro dungeon levelling route you took has broken things and you need to go through the BfA introductory quest properly if you haven't already done so (the one that dumps you in Dazaralor and introduces everything).

Coconut Monkey on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I know the first time around, you had to do some amount of stuff in each zone to unlock WQs. I think when I hit 120, I hadn't really set foot in Voldun, and I didn't have WQs available until I did the intro chain in Voldun or something?

Durr I had the quest to get friendly on my rogue so that was why I got rid of it and it worked when I talked to him again

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Can't seem to login - I get into a queue and then it just kicks me out.

So in unlocking dailies with my hunter
    My hunter is poorly geared 298 gear according to the character panel
    I badly needed better bracers on my rogue so in doing them 7th legion dailies with her I got 3 a 310 then a 370 then a 410 so that was nice
    On my warlock I accidently started a three man daily got denied a spot as they wanted a tank or healer so I solo'd it
    I did miss being able to do that with current state of affliction

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    what is the line of reasoning for making weapons so rare? I can do dailies and get upgrades to almost every piece but weapons never seem to show up.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Wednesdays are beta patch days, and sitting through Wednesday, waiting to see what sort of fixes, changes, and nerfs are coming is a bit on the agonizing side.

Shadowlands needs to be good after the debacle that was BfA. They can't afford to have two sour grapes in a row. And with each passing week it becomes more and more worrisome to see how far the game still has to go. How far in terms of class balance, covenant balance, soulbind balance, legendary balance, and other core gameplay systems. On top of that, most streamers are saying the Maw feels unfinished and like Blizzard has just given up on it. Which is extra worrisome since the Maw is supposed to be one of the major centerpieces of the level 60 gameplay loop.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    honestly bfa was not even that bad

the core gameplay loop of most classes, especially in 8.3, was super fun.

edited September 2020
    The class gameplay is pretty good, yah. And there's a lot to like about BfA. The outdoor zone design is the best they have ever made. The dungeons are all pretty good and I enjoy running them. I still log in and do mythics with my guild 2-3 times a week. 3 out of 4 raids were pretty good. Uldir was a bit of a stinker, but Battle for Dazar'alor, Eternal Palace, and Ny'alotha were all pretty fun raids. Edit: The music of BfA, and the cutscenes, both ingame and CGI are all fantastic too.

But BfA is still an expansion of failed systems. Azerite 1.0 sucked. Azerite 2.0 was better, but still sucked. Essences 1.0 sucked. Essences 2.0 is better, but still relies heavily on having earned Essences during 1.0.

Warfronts are a dead game system. There was supposed to be a 3rd Warfront and Blizz completely abandoned that cause nobody enjoyed the first two. Islands are the most boring, grindy chore Blizzard has ever put into the game, period. And even after they made an effort to fix them by redistributing spawns and objectives, nobody enjoyed them.

They put all that development time into two major systems, neither of which were picked up or enjoyed by the community.

And then there's the story. Which is pretty much universally panned as the worst WoW story of all time.

BfA is not a winner.

Lucascraft on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    It's not a winner, but it's also not a loser. It's a pretty middle of the road expansion that had a lot going for it, and a lot going against it, much like Legion.

Legion is remembered far too fondly.

BFA is not Warlords of Draenor.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I enjoyed wod far more than I enjoyed legion or bfa

I probably would've enjoyed legion if all several guilds I kept joining didn't keep imploding but I also have no interest in playing with pugs for LFR or M+, none of those things interest me in the slightest. I also have no interest in playing horde in retail ever which fucks me for continuing on because almost no one I know plays alliance. Horde cities are always awful.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I gotta give Blizzard some credit for following through on the entire BfA expansion. They didn't abandon ship halfway through and/or leave us with a massive content drought - all the patches with new content were regularly released and always gave those of us playing something to do, however painful it may have been.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I gotta give Blizzard some credit for following through on the entire BfA expansion. They didn't abandon ship halfway through and/or leave us with a massive content drought - all the patches with new content were regularly released and always gave those of us playing something to do, however painful it may have been.

Legion was still better with the 77 day patch cycle that was consistent like clockwork.

steam_sig.png
    I still feel the PTR did scare a lot of people away from BFA

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The endings of the expansions are how I judge them, and i absolutely HATE the ending for bfa. I hate corruption, I hate having so much effectiveness tied to literally no action and all passive stuff. I hate the cloak grind, etc. :( I loved the end of Draenor, I had sooooo much fun Pvping in that expansion. I'd much much much rather play end of draenor than end of bfa.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Legion wasn't perfect, but it turned out ok. I still think it's the best expansion overall. I'm saying that from the perspective of 7.30. Legion in 7.0 definitely had some rough spots.

Actually, scratch that. MoP was the best expansion overall. Nothing will ever be as good as their rollout of the Thundering Isle, Throne of Thunder, and everything else that came with that patch. And back then, Timeless Isle was pretty good too. And while everyone got sick of Siege of Orgrimmar because that tier dragged on for far too long, I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that it was a pretty fun raid.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Eh Legion is in the top 3 for me.

BFA’s story was actively insulting to half the player base with devs outright lying to them regularly.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I definitely felt actively insulted that time that Ion sent me a message calling me a nerd.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Legion wasn't great for Mythic raiders since hey, turns out that putting endless grinds tied to player power is bad for retention. Like seriously, Nighthold Mythic killed a lot of guilds thanks to that. Shadowlands, at least, seems to be better on that regard since Renown has a built-in catchup mechanism and a weekly cap, so everybody playing the game unlocks things at the same pace.

TryCatcher on
    Nobody wrote: »
    Eh Legion is in the top 3 for me.

BFA’s story was actively insulting to half the player base with devs outright lying to them regularly.
    Citations! And I'm not saying that because I disagree or am defending Blizzard, like I wanna know more.

It's going to be weird not logging into the WoW app in a little over a month. Like, that has been basically a daily activity of mine for the last 4 years. At least, I'm assuming it will serve no major purpose once Shadowlands hits.

I think you can run the "Adventures" from the app? Maybe? I don't know. I have the app on my phone, but I haven't touched it since a really long time ago that I don't even remember.

Oh, are they going to carry forward another minigame in the app? I guess I just sort of assumed there wouldn't be any more since BFA seemed like an effort to wind down and minimize that effort.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    The mission table is becoming like, a little auto-battler mini game. I haven’t messed with it on beta but it seems like the kinda thing that could easily go in the app

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • delphdelph DelawareRegistered User regular
    Starting with the Shadowlands pre-patch, the Companion App will support multiple expansions: Legion, BFA, and (when live) Shadowlands. You'll be able to turn off individual expansions on your app to reduce installation size. More (MUCH more in depth) information linked below:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317992/engineering-deep-dive-wow-companion-app-in-shadowlands-supports-multiple-expansi

This discussion has been closed.