As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam]-vember. Time to stuff yourself full...of games.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    That Mr. Mime is perfect. You've managed to capture both aspects of its nature as it's both terrifying and sad. *chef kiss*

camo_sig2.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    It's Conan Dongs Expansion Day! Woo! <3

did they add a slider or something

I wondered if anyone was going to catch that.

Sorry. I'm a bit thick.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I realized I missed Mr. Mime's gloves so I at least have to go back to fix that. I'm excited to force them all to share a lot, Team Rocket are both terrible people with making money their primary goal and kleptomania as traits, Mr. Mime's traits all involve acting and being unpredictable. Ash is going to be a very unhappy roommate.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    New season update for Fallout 76 today - New set of stuff to earn ranks for. Already got a set of weights to impress astronaut girlfriend with.

tyzoyf2wdjvc.jpg
    "Look, look!"

I think I’m sitting this one out. The first season felt so grindy that after it ended I felt burned out more than anything else, and that was just with doing the regular challenges and not running the XP ad nauseam.

5gsowHm.png
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I realized I missed Mr. Mime's gloves so I at least have to go back to fix that. I'm excited to force them all to share a lot, Team Rocket are both terrible people with making money their primary goal and kleptomania as traits, Mr. Mime's traits all involve acting and being unpredictable. Ash is going to be a very unhappy roommate.

The characters look great! I was half-expecting some sort of Brock/Nurse Joy shenanigans...

76561197966849367.png
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    ioqty8y4b1ir.png
    "But Doctor, I AM Pagliacci!"

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    @Orivon gifted me lots of neat looking games. 4 games with time mechanics and 4 with various other themes. (day 37 is themed as sweet love stories and it is entirely yuri games so far. I am a fan of this)
    Thanks a lot. <3<3
    z1jzmgfrki42.jpg

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I played a bit of Conan solo and got bored pretty quickly. Maybe it picks up once you get further in? Idk. I'd probably have more fun with it if I started a game with people from the start, though. Joining survival games midway always feels kinda bad.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Woohoo new season of WRECKFEST! More cars, tracks and gameplay types. I'm so glad this game is getting a funding push to make this sort of stuff because online is so much fun. Over 100hrs in now and only getting better

steam_sig.png
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    It took me way too long to get into Dead By Daylight, but now I'm... wait for it... Hooked.

I haven't played a single round as survivor and I'm not really interested in it unless a group of friends ropes me into it, I'm having way too much fun playing Killer. And I'm still not even playing any of them other than Leatherface because I'm trying to rush BBQ&Chili before I invest time in others, but I'm starting to love his kit and get really good at causing absolute mayhem, I just got the cheevo for sacrificing all 4 survivors tonight and I've only been playing a round or two a night since Saturday.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular

Sorry. I'm a bit thick.

I wouldn't apologise for that. Girth is preferable over length.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »

Sorry. I'm a bit thick.

I wouldn't apologise for that. Girth is preferable over length.

I didn't want to brag. Others might see it as a swollen head.

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    New season update for Fallout 76 today - New set of stuff to earn ranks for. Already got a set of weights to impress astronaut girlfriend with.

tyzoyf2wdjvc.jpg
    "Look, look!"

I think I’m sitting this one out. The first season felt so grindy that after it ended I felt burned out more than anything else, and that was just with doing the regular challenges and not running the XP ad nauseam.

Yeah, I wrapped up the first season, and haven't turned FO76 on again since. I think they've tweaked the challenge rewards a bit, but the challenges mostly being daily, and not being doable after the day they appear, really left me cold. If you've got the time, more power to you, or if you don't care about most of the rewards, go for it. But if you want to do the entire run, be aware the time commitment is just...too much.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed FO76 when there's a story involved. I personally think the game is absolutely fantastic...until you run out of story content, or places to explore.

I just don't feel strongly about jumping in any more just to grind daily quests. I think there's some new Brotherhood of Steel content coming this winter, which is when I'll probably get back after it.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    How easy is getting into Conan? I think I tried it briefly on the Xbox when it was free but didn't get far. I wouldn't mind a no monthly fee mmorpg to waste some time and it seems like a good setting for one, but is it pretty user friendly and do you need to play with others to get into it?
    I played a little under an hour but its pretty much pure sandbox from what Ive seen. They drop you in and make you figure everything out. Everything wants to kill you, and I died to a thing then I tried again and starved to death because even though I was killing animals, none of them dropped meat.

I would personally say skip it and go with Fallout 76 as I found that much more engaging during the free weekend.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    How easy is getting into Conan? I think I tried it briefly on the Xbox when it was free but didn't get far. I wouldn't mind a no monthly fee mmorpg to waste some time and it seems like a good setting for one, but is it pretty user friendly and do you need to play with others to get into it?
    I played a little under an hour but its pretty much pure sandbox from what Ive seen. They drop you in and make you figure everything out. Everything wants to kill you, and I died to a thing then I tried again and starved to death because even though I was killing animals, none of them dropped meat.

I would personally say skip it and go with Fallout 76 as I found that much more engaging during the free weekend.

But... food is everywhere. You get fistfuls of bugs and berries when you're just collecting plant fibers to make clothes and stuff. And it's not possible to kill something, use a butcher knife on it, and not get meat (even hacking it up with a woodcutting axe will get you meat more often than not). >.>

And the game has a (very basic but functional) tutorial that walks you through all the first steps to survival. At least, it does on PC. I would have assumed the console version does as well.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    8qhtp2cfpdhj.png

God help me.

It was nice knowing you!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Orivon wrote: »
    8qhtp2cfpdhj.png

God help me.

Yer fucked.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Is this the start of Project Giftbomb Redux?

steam_sig.png
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    8qhtp2cfpdhj.png

God help me.

What did I miss?

camo_sig2.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That's certainly one way for Isorn to have won that fight.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That's certainly one way for Isorn to have won that fight.

Unless he also gets mired in that bog

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    CroakerBC wrote: »

Yeah, I wrapped up the first season, and haven't turned FO76 on again since. I think they've tweaked the challenge rewards a bit, but the challenges mostly being daily, and not being doable after the day they appear, really left me cold. If you've got the time, more power to you, or if you don't care about most of the rewards, go for it. But if you want to do the entire run, be aware the time commitment is just...too much.

They've said they'll up the number of weekly challenges to make it easier for people who don't want to log in every day. I honestly didn't find the first season too bad, what with the double score events and the extra challenges event. I didn't do everything every day (I never touched the Nuclear Winter mode stuff) and I still finished well in advance. I didn't even need to use any of the atoms they give you along the way to pay for rank ups. If you save those up, that's your last ten levels for free.

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    8qhtp2cfpdhj.png
    God help me.
    E5CC57D04889CBA58A376CD1FC4A03F443196EA8

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    8qhtp2cfpdhj.png
    God help me.
    E5CC57D04889CBA58A376CD1FC4A03F443196EA8

Too bad it isn't Tuesday on top of the end of the world.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    @Spoit won't let me have this like ONE LITTLE MOMENT OF PEACE.

But yes this game looks absolutely beautiful. Damn you though Spoit.
    Even if it is a super pretty puzzle game.
    Thank you. <3
    0ybj9wcah6p1.png
    And some minutes later Spoit hits me again. With Door Kickers. Thank you. <3
    j4m08hhufyyt.jpg

Isorn on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Some historic lows on iolo approved games over on Indiegala:

Borderlands 3 for $25.49

BATTLETECH for $6.39

(If you take the BATTLETECH plunge and want a little more help getting started than the game's tutorials offer, have some extremely wordy assistance linked in my sig. :) )

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Battletech forever makes me sad that Mechwarrior 5 was developed by an art team and the surviving members of their code slave stable.

The robots are fine.

I want to take a moment to remind everyone of Dragon Age 2, the one where you play a migrant laborer in a hellmouth that is also a city full of invisible people and a handful of sassy troublemakers who looted a fancy dress costume store and agreed never to speak of it.

One of the oddities of DA2 is that some of these invisible people are also cartoon ninjas, and will drop out of the sky or ceiling as appropriate to confront you in messy combat. (Blood spatter was supposed to be gritty and therefore awesome, so you could really appreciate that so and so's coat was plainly made of nylon.)

Mechwarrior 5 includes the ceiling ninja feature. The ceiling is a dropship, which flies directly overhead to hover in place and gently drop a squad of giant robots on your head.

This is much less cool than anything you just imagined.

I gave up when I watched a ceiling fall out of the sky to hover inside a tiny canyon and drop four Mechs into a randomly generated wall.

I just couldn't take it anymore. There's no verisimilitude to it. Just terrible voice acting, worse writing, and a gibbet for your inner child to die in.

I hope the people responsible feel bad.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Slime Rancher is $7 now. I regret not getting it when it was free on Epic, and always told myself I should buy it. Of course, if it's cool, I need to buy 3 more copies potentially for the kids...GAH!

For a guy who really likes the farming survival sims, but is sort of tired of farming survival Stardew knockoffs...what do I do?

• Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    Battletech forever makes me sad that Mechwarrior 5 was developed by an art team and the surviving members of their code slave stable.

The robots are fine.

I want to take moment to remind everyone of Dragon Age 2, the one where you play a migrant laborer in a hellmouth that is also a city full of invisible people and a handful of sassy troublemakers who looted a fancy dress costume store and agreed never to speak of it.

One of the oddities of DA2 is that some of these invisible people are also cartoon ninjas, and will drop out of the sky or ceiling as appropriate confront you in messy combat.

Mechwarrior 5 includes this feature. The ceiling is a dropship, which flies directly overhead to hover in place and gently drop a squad of giant robots on your head.

This is much less cool than anything you just imagined.

I gave up when I watched a ceiling fall out of the sky to hover inside a tiny canyon and drop four Mechs into a randomly generated wall.

I just couldn't take it anymore. There's no verisimilitude to it. Just terrible voice acting, worse writing, and a gibbet for your inner child to die in.

Wasn’t mechwarrior 5 just basically a mediocre singleplayer campaign for MWO anyway?

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Mediocre is a strong term that im not prepared to associate with MW5.

Mediocrity has merits even if it won't win a medal.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Slime Rancher is $7 now. I regret not getting it when it was free on Epic, and always told myself I should buy it. Of course, if it's cool, I need to buy 3 more copies potentially for the kids...GAH!

For a guy who really likes the farming survival sims, but is sort of tired of farming survival Stardew knockoffs...what do I do?

Buy one copy and rub it in your offsprings' faces!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Last week my computer started shutting down randomly and then not booting up. I took it into a tech support place and they said my HDD was crashing due to age. Got it replaced with a shiny new 2TB SSD, and after ordering a new SATA cable, finally got everything replaced and the old drive cloned.

Yesterday, I transffered my installed Steam games to the new drive to free up space on my smaller C drive. Went and changed all the games and made the D drive my new install home. Everything was great! Today I got an email saying a game on my wishlist was 50% off. Cool, maybe I'll celebrate by picking it up.

Got home and my computer shut down randomly again. It's at the tech place again. FUCK!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    @Isorn is being mean and using live munition tests on innocent bystanders

6VqdH2O.png

steam_sig.png
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    So is BPM basically Crypt of the Necrodancer with guns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvExUc54HUg

5gsowHm.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Last week my computer started shutting down randomly and then not booting up. I took it into a tech support place and they said my HDD was crashing due to age. Got it replaced with a shiny new 2TB SSD, and after ordering a new SATA cable, finally got everything replaced and the old drive cloned.

Yesterday, I transffered my installed Steam games to the new drive to free up space on my smaller C drive. Went and changed all the games and made the D drive my new install home. Everything was great! Today I got an email saying a game on my wishlist was 50% off. Cool, maybe I'll celebrate by picking it up.

Got home and my computer shut down randomly again. It's at the tech place again. FUCK!

One thing most people overlook is the CMOS battery.
    Then you discover your motherboard is dying.

Good luck with the PC.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    CMOS battery (or lack thereof) won't shut the PC down. Probably a short or other electrical fault. Could also be the heatsink not being properly seated on the CPU.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Its not a survival game! But you should totes buy it!
    But... food is everywhere. You get fistfuls of bugs and berries when you're just collecting plant fibers to make clothes and stuff. And it's not possible to kill something, use a butcher knife on it, and not get meat (even hacking it up with a woodcutting axe will get you meat more often than not). >.>

And the game has a (very basic but functional) tutorial that walks you through all the first steps to survival. At least, it does on PC. I would have assumed the console version does as well.
    I never got a tutorial on knives and berries. Just very basic controls and then got tossed in the deep end.

This discussion has been closed.