As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Looks like the new Spider-Man will be out at the console launch.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    how did they not mention in the fucking conference that these were launch titles? I guess ultimately it probably doesn't matter but god, what the hell

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    how did they not mention in the fucking conference that these were launch titles? I guess ultimately it probably doesn't matter but god, what the hell

I feel like it's some weird thing where they can't say it because the launch date wasn't announced

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »

I feel like it's some weird thing where they can't say it because the launch date wasn't announced

you can just literally say "available at launch" like they did with devil may cry, though?

Mr. G wrote: »

you can just literally say "available at launch" like they did with devil may cry, though?

I am just trying to sort out the hellworld that is corporate synergy

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii might get a ps5

it's gonna depend a lot on what the recommended specs for demon's souls on pc is

what is going on?! why didn't they say any of this??

6F32U1X.png
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Demon’s Souls at launch cements the purchase tomorrow.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can the Final Fantasy folks find a single other thing to base their shit on than crystals

I am sick of crystals, they aren't interesting

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    My niece wants a new XBox - that's easy enough, I'll just get her the fancy version. My nephew wants a PS5 - is there a reason to get the disk versus the digital? Like, they're functionally the same except the disk drive?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can the Final Fantasy folks find a single other thing to base their shit on than crystals

They sparkle.

That's pretty interesting.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

I shouldn't get a PS5 just to get the new DMC5 stuff as soon as possible, but it's tempting.

Also cheaper than a new PC.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

NEVER
    250px-Fabula_Nova_Crystallis_Final_Fantasy_%28logo%29.jpg

FABULOSO NOVELLA CRYSTALLIS METHAMPHETAMINE IS ALL I CARE ABOUT

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm entirely okay with that Harry Potter game being the least appealing presentation by a wide margin

Javen wrote: »
    I'm entirely okay with that Harry Potter game being the least appealing presentation by a wide margin

ehhh i might still dislike codblops more

the HP game sucks for things that are almost entirely out of the team (and really the game)'s control

Black Ops is just full of things they didn't have to do and definitely chose to

6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Look at this guy who doesn't know how to charge his crystals

the actual harry potter game stuff looks interesting, like, in a world where JK Rowling didn't make any fucking money off it, I'd probably try it out

but, you know, I bet the game has those goblin bankers in it, so maybe not

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

I mean you take out the yammering about crystals and the chocobos and you wouldn't even be able to tell that that was a FF game

X22wmuF.jpg
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

I mean you take out the yammering about crystals and the chocobos and you wouldn't even be able to tell that that was a FF game

Isn't that all Final Fantasies, though? You take out the familiar iconography and it's just a random fantasy game.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

I have to assume this was blowback about how BAD the last presentation went, with the talking heads and everyone thinking they were CGI and everything else. Except... they still had talking heads on this one!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I'm actually fine with the actual video presentation being very concentrated on games, and all the other stuff coming after

Peewi wrote: »

I shouldn't get a PS5 just to get the new DMC5 stuff as soon as possible, but it's tempting.

Also cheaper than a new PC.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

Isn't that all Final Fantasies, though? You take out the familiar iconography and it's just a random fantasy game.

I mean

kinda but also usually that would involve taking out a lot of things and also they still wouldn't look like a knock off Witcher

X22wmuF.jpg
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Ya the Harry Potter game looks like it could be really cool and is something I really wanted back when I was growing up reading the books and I have a lot of nostalgia for that world.

It's just that J.K. Rowling turned out to be a huge piece of shit so now looking at anything in that IP is like looking through vaseline smeared glasses except instead of vaseline it's bigotry.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    The funny thing about DMC5SE having Vergil is that apparently Vergil was put into original DMC5 with a lot of the same infrastructure that you would use if you were designing a playable character, so people were able to mod the PC version to do just that. And they're pretty similar!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qPCt9QHC6Q

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Harry Potter is bad and if they made a bootleg magic school game that explicitly wasn't Hogwarts I would be more interested

That said I realize I am in a minority on that, and a well known IP will do better and that's why we can't have nice things

But honestly fuck Harry Potter and fuck Rowling, her shitty wizard books aren't even that good once you approach them with an even remotely critical eye, and everything she's added to the fiction after the fact is somehow even worse (except for wizards shitting their pants, that is the only good part of the extended fiction)

That actually reminds me though where the hell is that Witchbrook game

wow it really is everything I might be interested in

6F32U1X.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Miles, Demon Souls, Sackboy and now Horizon 2 are all announced for the PS4.

There's zero reason to get a PS5 at launch

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Yeah. There really isn't much new stuff on the PS5. Need a killer app.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Luckily, they're competing with "Play thousands of old games on game pass!"

Neither console is going to have new games at launch, really

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Miles, Demon Souls, Sackboy and now Horizon 2 are all announced for the PS4.

There's zero reason to get a PS5 at launch

My non-pro PS4 is already really chugging with anything resource-intensive, and my tolerance for load times is dropping by the day. I don't have anywhere in my studio apartment to put a desktop PC. And if I do hold off, wait until there are next-gen 'sclusies, I run the risk of having to re-buy those generation-spanning games.

I don't really gain anything by waiting.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Still you get a whole system plus ray tracing for $500. I don't like the idea of them charging $69 for games. I may stick to what I got.

Lately, I have been playing PS1 games.

Yeah just based on hardware alone there's a LOT of reasons to get a PS5 if you currently have a 500GB regular PS4

This discussion has been closed.