As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's New Consoles! XSX Nov 10, PS5 Nov 12

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Demon Souls being on PC will keep me from buying a ps5 for the time being. Wait for somthing more. my ps4 still works good as a bluray/Twitch/Disney +/Netflix/etc player

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    And if I don't get Yakuza 7 on PS5, I won't get my sweet bonuses from Bob Utsunomiya come Yakuza 8. Can't be having that.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Lack of games isn't a big deal for me, I'll just end up playing Destiny and PES most of the time anyway.
    I just don't want to hear my PS4 while I play them anymore.

You should hear the noise my PS4 makes whenever I play PES, it sounds genuinely dangerous.

Oh, and Yakuza 7!
    Thanks for reminding me, Pooro

Diarmuid on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I will probably get a PS5 before too long

The real hassle is I need a 4k Blu-ray player, so I probably should get the one with the drive

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Demon Souls being on PC will keep me from buying a ps5 for the time being. Wait for somthing more. my ps4 still works good as a bluray/Twitch/Disney +/Netflix/etc player

sony what are you doing

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Those prices + sales tax pushes new games up to over $100 in canada.

I assume it's not great for Australia and Europe folks either.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    The Demon's Souls trailer has been taken down from the official Sony youtube. Assuming that it's to reword the stuff at the end, might be that it's exclusively ps5 at launch and PC/ps4 later

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    And if I don't get Yakuza 7 on PS5, I won't get my sweet bonuses from Bob Utsunomiya come Yakuza 8. Can't be having that.

Wonder if people who buy it on PS4 while waiting for the Xbox exclusivity to go away will get a free upgrade to the PS5 version.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I think there's more reason to get a PS5 at launch than an Xbox right now, though I'll agree that there's not a whole lot of a reason to get either console when it appears you can sneak by with last gen consoles and/or a pc.

Though it is kind of funny that "We believe in console generations" Sony is releasing their big-name titles on PS4 as well.

I'm actually kind of depressed that Sony basically smashed Microsoft for next gen launch. Granted if there was ever a year to call a mulligan on a launch, it's this one, but I don't think MS is going to pull that off. Not if this is ultimately where the last five years of Phil Spencer's leadership has lead to. I like the guy a lot, but putting out essentially no first party games (aside from a game that came out on PCs back in APRIL) at launch when you need to be bringing your A game is just not going to cut it.

I'll be curious if we ever find out if this was always Sony's price or if the Microsoft leak is what caused a last minute change. If it is, that might have been the most damaging leak in the history of gaming.

Post on the PS Blog has prices for some of the accessories.

$70 for a controller, $100 for headphones and $60 for some camera thing.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can the Final Fantasy folks find a single other thing to base their shit on than crystals

I am sick of crystals, they aren't interesting

It is lazy writing. Also, I get annoyed when they use the elements.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    Post on the PS Blog has prices for some of the accessories.

$70 for a controller, $100 for headphones and $60 for some camera thing.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/

Stick it to ya.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I might just not get any new console at launch. All of this is so bleh.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Ya a lot of my motivation to get a PS5 at launch isn't because of all the games in the launch lineup, but because my launch PS4 sounds like it's a plane about to take off whenever I use it and recent games make that system chug something fierce. Just being able to play my PS4 games without worrying that my system is going to explode on me and having better framerate and load times is plenty of incentive.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I am definitely in no rush to buy a next gen console. I have not used my PS4 in a while.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    I had to buy a pro like, in march so I'm not in a rush to get a 5

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Brolo wrote: »

sony what are you doing

SONY NO

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Console exclusives are dumb

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    link is broken already or it actually filled up THAT fast

I wonder if Sony is doing that rumored thing that prevents people from buying multiple consoles? Is there even a way to do that while also allowing pre-orders through third party retailers?

I'm pretty sure the Wal-Mart preorder page went up early accidentally so they shut that shit down until tomorrow

Actually Consoles are dumb

Videogames is canceled

Pack it up everybody

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Videogames is canceled

Pack it up everybody

You joke, but...

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

sony what are you doing

SONY NO

Fucking RIP.

It'll be late next year then.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    Uriel wrote: »

Videogames is canceled

Pack it up everybody

You joke, but...

Joke?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Miles, Demon Souls, Sackboy and now Horizon 2 are all announced for the PS4.

There's zero reason to get a PS5 at launch

My non-pro PS4 is already really chugging with anything resource-intensive, and my tolerance for load times is dropping by the day. I don't have anywhere in my studio apartment to put a desktop PC. And if I do hold off, wait until there are next-gen 'sclusies, I run the risk of having to re-buy those generation-spanning games.

I don't really gain anything by waiting.

Yeah given that I am trading in my Pro to pay for a chunk of it and that value is only going to go down I'm looking at getting a 5 at launch, the fact that my current stuff will work on it makes it that much easier for me

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Ya a lot of my motivation to get a PS5 at launch isn't because of all the games in the launch lineup, but because my launch PS4 sounds like it's a plane about to take off whenever I use it and recent games make that system chug something fierce. Just being able to play my PS4 games without worrying that my system is going to explode on me and having better framerate and load times is plenty of incentive.

same. i got excited at miles morales hitting ps4 but i'm pretty sure my ps4 would catch fire

won't be able to get a ps5 for a long time, though

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can the Final Fantasy folks find a single other thing to base their shit on than crystals

I am sick of crystals, they aren't interesting

It is lazy writing. Also, I get annoyed when they use the elements.

Eh, there's always gonna be a McGuffin, why can't it just be a sparkly rock? Although I think maybe some could be more low key about them and they're just there.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BPKickBPKick Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    turtleant wrote: »
    Those prices + sales tax pushes new games up to over $100 in canada.

I assume it's not great for Australia and Europe folks either.

$125 AUD, according to EB Games.
    That's uhh.....that's rough.

That being said, I'm sure that's the absolute max price in Australia though.
    JB/Big W will be a lot cheaper.

BPKick on
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    I'm hoping they stop kicking up Canadian and Aus prices but the odds of that are....low

It's harder and harder to justify taking a chance on less than great games when it costs a cool hundo with tax as it is

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    edited September 2020
    Cello wrote: »
    I'm hoping they stop kicking up Canadian and Aus prices but the odds of that are....low

It's harder and harder to justify taking a chance on less than great games when it costs a cool hundo with tax as it is

Weirdly the console is slightly cheaper in Canada

Brolo on
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Honestly Miles and Demons Souls alone is significantly better than most console launches.

The PS4 launched with like, Knack and a forgettable Killzone game.

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    that Demon’s Souls trailer was really the moment that made me go “ah, fuck, next-gen is real and actually looks like an advancement, fuck”

Uh.... congrats Geoff

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    It was sold out by the time I finished filling out my checkout ><

Apparently so many people are trying to get onto gamestop's website to see if they can pre-order that it's triggered what I'm guessing is an anti-ddos mechanism and the website is now blocking everybody from accessing it.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm fine waiting until summer next year when most of the stuff I want will be out and possibly even on sale by that point.

This discussion has been closed.