As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Going through everybody's record spheres, topping up jobs and whatnot. Somehow I didn't have Kain's dragoon sphere maxed out...I have all of the top end stuff for that guy, how did I not max out his jobs?!

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, ignore my mote advice up above.

I needed to update my spreadsheet. Probably wasted 200 rubies. Whoops.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well, "Wasted" they are all going to be refunded right?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Too late. I already bought things based on that list.

Although I also haven't fully invested in like... almost anybody, let alone all the dumb fringe people like Raijin who I'll probably never touch.

And I'm out of people I give a shit about 5* diving too, so not even sure what there is to spend rubies on anymore.

E:
    Gamefaqs says
    But we also get:
    - 30 of each job mote from next fest
    - 30 Shifting Motes from the Job Mote dungeons (since you have to do each stage once for mythril anyway)
    - 30 Shifting Motes as a login bonus, probably
    - 30 of one type from the remaining Fat Black Chocobo events, but most of those are a ways off. (Next 5 in order look like: 30 Spellblade, 30 Bard, 30 Thief, 30 Spellblade, 30 Monk.)

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Well, "Wasted" they are all going to be refunded right?

Yeah, but I could also buy 5* motes!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Which I'm sure you have enough of unless you are diving beyond creatures.

38thDoE on steam

edited September 2020
    Too late. I already bought things based on that list.

Although I also haven't fully invested in like... almost anybody, let alone all the dumb fringe people like Raijin who I'll probably never touch.

And I'm out of people I give a shit about 5* diving too, so not even sure what there is to spend rubies on anymore.

E:
    Gamefaqs says
    But we also get:
    - 30 of each job mote from next fest
    - 30 Shifting Motes from the Job Mote dungeons (since you have to do each stage once for mythril anyway)
    - 30 Shifting Motes as a login bonus, probably
    - 30 of one type from the remaining Fat Black Chocobo events, but most of those are a ways off. (Next 5 in order look like: 30 Spellblade, 30 Bard, 30 Thief, 30 Spellblade, 30 Monk.)

My leftovers, right now: 15 spellblade, 30 dragoon, 80 monk (how did I fuck this one up so bad, maybe I missed diving someone?), 5 thief, spot-on samurai, 30 ninja and bard, 50 machinist. I've fully dived everyone, unless I missed someone. So closer to 250. Sorry :/

I still have yet to dive a lot of knights, but we're going to be short no matter what.

e: I'm showing 155 short, if I trust my chart

Jragghen on

Needed to dive everyone:

spi: 1107
    dex: 1747
    vit: 2172
    wis: 1037
    bra: -406

Do you think you will use everyone ever?

I mean, don't be like me and magia everyone to 100.

38thDoE on steam

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

I will use Enna Kros every chance I get.

And I'm halfway tempted to bring Tama into some sort of FFT Cardia fight just for yuks, since that realm is lousy with Holy users.

Enlong on
    I will give you all the awesomes for any all beyond team clears of dreambreakers you post!

38thDoE on steam

Going for broke on the refund.

I now have 0 rubies

I don't think I'm crazy enough to put a full Beyond team into Cardia (even if they had Bahamut Brandelis or something as a Cardia boss, the team doesn't have that much synergy beyond elemental goodstuff), but I'm totally willing to spend time trying to make Tama work in an FFT team for a smidge of Holy support. Cuchulainn went well (shocker, given the Orlandeau tools I have, lol), but I'll maybe screenshot something if I kill Greg or survive a few turns with Zalera.

And that reminds me that I need to try a Core team for Greg.

I'm thinking of running Tyro, Elarra (shocker), Bard, Biggs, and Wedge. If Bard is overkill (seeing as Elarra can also use Bard stuff, but doesn't have a 50% ATK boost), I'll just default to Dr Mog. But I'd like for Bard to work.

I'm sad that there are no rewards for Core Greg.

38thDoE on steam

I'm sad that there are no rewards for Core Greg.

Aw what? There aren't!

I just assumed there was, since it lets you call in a Core chain.

I mean in theory it counts towards your nine, but why not try and do one that will also give rewards.

38thDoE on steam

edited September 2020

A new game just got announced.

It seems wild to me that XV wasn't yet out when this game started, but it's looking like it might be possible that a new realm will one day be added to this.

and also, you know, the game looks really cool.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oh, huh, that's big news.

Meh. Looks to be a continuation of all the things that drove me away from Final Fantasy post X. All the RPG franchises I love must either die after two games, or turn into overly melodramatic navel gaving schlock.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm excited and happy for a new FF.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I mean they have been melodramatic from the start. Fate of the world almost every time. Navel gazing was not a problem in the early ones though.

38thDoE on steam

not only fate of the world. I mean GOLBEZ IS MY BROTHER HOW CAN I FIGHT HIM.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I mean, there was some naval gazing as far back as FFIV.

β€œI’m a coward. A coward who can’t even refuse orders he knows he ought not follow.”

I mean they have been melodramatic from the start. Fate of the world almost every time. Navel gazing was not a problem in the early ones though.

There's a pretty big difference when you're forced to sit through literally hours of mawkish ridiculousness as opposed to like, 20-30 lines.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I should have stopped at the moon poops monsters but I drew the line at we have to compress time to stop the bad guy so she doesn’t compress time!

38thDoE on steam

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Someone refresh my memory, are any of the job mote abilities worth keeping multiple copies of? Snowspell Strike, I guess?

I'd really hate to shard all of these Penalty Snipes only to find out I needed them lateahahahahahahah oh I couldn't say that with a straight face, sorry.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Maybe two Snowspells, maybe two Penalty Snipe (it's getting buffed to do Bio damage at some point), maybe some number of Sky High. Most of the other ones just don't have a use case for a second copy.

Now that there are actual Ice spellblade abilities, and with the usual suspects like Squall and Celes getting hero abilities, two Snowspells is much less useful. Wind element, you probably had thief or celerity characters on your team, so wind spellblade wasn't as much in demand.

Fry on
    Someone refresh my memory, are any of the job mote abilities worth keeping multiple copies of? Snowspell Strike, I guess?

I'd really hate to shard all of these Penalty Snipes only to find out I needed them lateahahahahahahah oh I couldn't say that with a straight face, sorry.

Snowspell is good. Even with hero abilities and Iceclaw available now, it’s a damn good secondary option for any ice Spellblade, or as a meter builder for someone who’s gonna use a Spellblade Double effect or a Sync. And I think it’s still the best Wind Spellblade?

Dragoon could be good depending on what your Wind teams look like. Sky High is still the strongest Wind Jump that isn’t a Hero Ability, I think.

edited September 2020
    I should have stopped at the moon poops monsters but I drew the line at we have to compress time to stop the bad guy so she doesn’t compress time!

I was lucky enough for my first exposure to FF8 being the PC version, with its glitched Pocketstation thing that let you skip literally all the grinding and just coast through the game. It was definitely FF8 that first disgusted me with its excessively long summoning animations, which I hadn't thought much of in FF7, or was just young and impressionable enough to not mind. How I wish they had continued iterating on FFX's engine though and expanding on that rather than... *gestures at everything* I can stomach a fair bit of crazy moon shit or what-have-you if the gameplay is fun. Alas.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I'm keeping two of all of them cuz I'm a crazy person

So Lion AASB wasn't a good idea even with Historia. So I went Claire

Screenshot-20200916-194406-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

Only 2 realms to go. Core (sorry not doing that one) and one. I'm kinda tempted to do Claire or Beatrix with WoL's Chain.

edited September 2020
    Jragghen wrote: Β»
    I'm keeping two of all of them cuz I'm a crazy person

Oh, right. That's a reason to not just dive everybody all willy nilly, in case you shatter them and need more.

Not necessarily a good reason since I can't imagine future content needing ancient abilities, but... well, whatever. It's an excuse to not worry about that stuff!

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    If you ever need an old ability, the core fellas are a good source for them.

If you ever need an old ability, the core fellas are a good source for them.

Dive :clap: Them :clap: Too :clap:

Shiva is a jerk. I should stick to greg.

38thDoE on steam

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I did XII with a magicite deck, but my team is pretty strong.

Ashe Glint/USB2/AASB/AOSB
    Vayne Bubsy
    Balthier realm chain and all his USBs (imperil lightning, plus some damage)
    Penelo USB1 and AASB (dance dance dance)
    Basch USB1 and USB2 (provides pro/shell/hastega, early buffing, and then Healing Smite for occasional heal)

Basically it's all-in on Ashe, with Vayne providing turn compression and the occasional rage break. I don't even have Ramuh yet so I used Valefor as my active magicite. It worked pretty well!

I've been trying to shoehorn Ashe into a XI clear as well since I have a lightning chain and no awakenings in that realm, but even with an entrusted Aphmau doing serious speed tricks she just peters out before the end. Looking at his moveset it's likely because I'm not bringing a full break, which looks mandatory in that realm.

rattletrap on
    edited September 2020
    1/3 - Auron USB2

Meh. Pointless. I think it's USB2. The one with the finisher, not the one with the unusual stat break.

Yeah, this run of terrible discos is more like what I normally expect. Still, two decent AASBs so far, so still better than literally any other RoP to date.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    Kimahri g+

Useful if I ever get anything else good for him.

His USB and BSB make him a decent Water support unit. He needs his Awakening to go true DPS, tho.