As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Kingdom Rush Vengeance, Aquanox & Crown Trick out today!

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

this is so weird to me
    (haha yes he's drinking out of a cup, that's fucked up but not what I'm talking about)

it's fucking Cuphead! an indie platformer that came out two years ago! how the fuck is it getting kids meal toys at a national chain!?

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I wish I never bought my quest at this point

At least I barely got to use it much because the games were so overpriced.

Fun.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Anytime I see Cuphead, this is always the very first thing my brain flashes to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awxYu3yaCy0

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

this is so weird to me
    (haha yes he's drinking out of a cup, that's fucked up but not what I'm talking about)

it's fucking Cuphead! an indie platformer that came out two years ago! how the fuck is it getting kids meal toys at a national chain!?

The Nihilist Arby's twitter account just threw up it's hands in exasperation and began to drink.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Buy a sammich and get toy figures of a satan worshipper!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

this is so weird to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2atY4tZXI
    they've got a netflix show coming soon

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Wait so the oculus rift line is just... dead?

Brolo wrote: »

this is so weird to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2atY4tZXI
    they've got a netflix show coming soon

needs more satan

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    https://twitte r.com/StudioMDHR/status/1305583442755809284

this is so weird to me

because it's superficially cute and there's a tv show in the works? It does seem odd that the tie-in is happening 'early', but the series may have been delayed due to covid.

edited September 2020
    Tube wrote: »

seems so

they announced that the rift S was no longer in production, made no mention of a rift successor, and then announced the Quest 2 would be the sole headset going forward
    A statement from an Oculus spokesperson to TechCrunch fully confirms the shuttering of the PC VR line, “…we are fully focused on the Quest platform as the best of both worlds for all-in-one and PC gaming, so we will not be making any future Rift or PC-only headsets.”

https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/16/facebook-is-officially-killing-off-the-oculus-rift-line/

Brolo on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    FF16 announced, PC and PS5:

https://youtu.be/57bWbd5Qc3Q

Looks like it's being done by the FF14 team? It's being directed by 14's director, Naoki Yoshida, at least, so it should actually come out. That also gives me great hope for the writing, the art style and character designs look very FF14-esque also.

Kind of worried the combat looks like 15's again, and not, say, FF7R's thing or something dramatically new. Hopefully they found ways to make 15's combat have some substance to it I guess.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif

seems so

they announced that the rift S was no longer in production, made no mention of a rift successor, and then announced the Quest 2 would be the sole headset going forward
    A statement from an Oculus spokesperson to TechCrunch fully confirms the shuttering of the PC VR line, “…we are fully focused on the Quest platform as the best of both worlds for all-in-one and PC gaming, so we will not be making any future Rift or PC-only headsets.”

https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/16/facebook-is-officially-killing-off-the-oculus-rift-line/

Isn’t there all sorts of stuff that’s only on the rift though?

edited September 2020

seems so

you can use the quest as a rift by using the link cable to PC

the controllers aren't quite as good and the refresh rare is lower but the rest is comparable

Brolo on
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    FF16 announced, PC and PS5:

https://youtu.be/57bWbd5Qc3Q

Looks like it's being done by the FF14 team? It's being directed by 14's director, Naoki Yoshida, at least, so it should actually come out. That also gives me great hope for the writing, the art style and character designs look very FF14-esque also.

Kind of worried the combat looks like 15's again, and not, say, FF7R's thing or something dramatically new. Hopefully they found ways to make 15's combat have some substance to it I guess.

edited September 2020
    oh ok I read that backwards, Yoshida's a producer on 16 while staying on as director for 14, I wonder who's directing then

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm glad FF XVI is returning to a fantasy setting rather than sci-fi but that's the only thing there I'm interested in

seems so

you can use the quest as a rift by using the link cable to PC

the controllers aren't quite as good and the refresh rare it lower but the rest is comparable

Oh that’s not too bad then. As long as it can still function as an Elite Dangerous peripheral

Shorty wrote: »
    I'm glad FF XVI is returning to a fantasy setting rather than sci-fi but that's the only thing there I'm interested in

they better have some kinda luxury airship/ boat/dragon for me and my besties to do a roadtrip in

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    L4D2 Last Stand update hits September 24th

https://youtu.be/bjnhx8Ip2Y8

New campaign starring the L4D1 crew, 26 new survival maps, 4 new scavenge maps, 2 new melee weapons (and the previously German-version-exclusive Counter-Strike weapons ( https://left4dead.fandom.com/wiki/International_Weapons ) are now available to everyone), 30 achievements, previously unused voicelines for everyone have been activated, tons of new and reworked animations including lots of overhauled gun animations and models, Versus mode balance and map changes, new menu UI, and hundreds of bug fixes and exploit fixes

Content was made by a community team, while Valve helped with coding and testing

holy SHIT

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I hope they don't arbitrarily take the all fun gameplay away from you for two hours at the end of the game

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    oh ok I read that backwards, Yoshida's a producer on 16 while staying on as director for 14, I wonder who's directing then

producer's a good role for him. if there's anyone at square enix who's demonstrated that they can actually get a product out the door within a reasonable time frame for once, it's him

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    FF16 looks more immediately promising than FF15 ever did.

We'll see who the playable characters are though. Hope it's not another sausage fest.

I will say that the character designs in XVI are a bit more interesting

at least everyone's not all wearing black

Aistan wrote: »
    Hope it's not another sausage fest.

or if it is i certainly hope they have the decency to go down on each other every cut scene like all of my other all-male dvds

edited September 2020
    the trailer itself did not really excite me, just the implication that there's FF14 people working on it from Yoshida's tweet and the art style looking reminiscent enough of 14's to be an expansion trailer for it. The actual stuff we see in the trailer felt pretty bland to me.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited September 2020
    seems like this guy might be the battle designer for 16?

Ryota Suzuki, his credits include lead design on Dragon's Dogma and planning on Devil May Cry 4 and 5.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Is ff16 the reason they did the show today

2x39jD4.jpg
    I think they did it today to be part of virtual PAX

BahamutZERO.gif
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I wish it didn't look quite so desaturated. I get it, rarr grimy war and all that, but I like colours.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    BPM seems like it could be fun, but it from a brief playthrough everything about it just felt... off. Enemy attacks were unclear and arrhythmic, but the boss appeared to have near-instant attacks that you could only dodge by knowing you had to do so on the beat. Enemies moved too fast and were too small for the gun, which has a ludicrously short range and a small hitbox for a ranged, dodge-focused game. Descriptions were even worse than usual for a roguelike with random items The visuals came across as more muddied than stylistic with the limited palette. Music, the driving force of the game, basically drops out and restarts when you go between shops and regular areas. I refunded it super quickly and don't regret it.

I ate an engineer
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Yoshida’s involvement and the potential for them to create a responsive battle system are all I really need to be interested

The story looks a bit mired in traditional hokum about crystals and summons but after XV and three XIII games I’m totally okay with a return to tradition

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Played about 4 hours of Heaven's Vault tonight and I am so sucked in.

You wouldn't think wandering around talking to a robot about history and philosophy and solving translation puzzles would be so engrossing!

...actually that pitch sounds pretty rad I think I understand why I like it so much.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Played about 4 hours of Heaven's Vault tonight and I am so sucked in.

You wouldn't think wandering around talking to a robot about history and philosophy and solving translation puzzles would be so engrossing!

...actually that pitch sounds pretty rad I think I understand why I like it so much.

Fuck yeah dude it’s so rad

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Heaven's Vault is one of those games that sound awesome and I'll probably love, but that it'll take me forever to buy for no discernible reason.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Bethesda is far too cowardly but future Fallouts need much deeper cannibal mechanics, like what was the deal in 4 you kneel over a dead body and just like bite it a couple times, what vapid cartoonishness string that carcass up let the blood out and butcher it for gods sake

Theres hungry people out here and I have the meat they need! Meat for all!
    Hobnail wrote: »
    No! I'm not! I am insufficiently catered to!
    Probably for the best. :)

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    After the teacher flaked on my lesson I was messing around with my green screen setup. It uses one of the $1000 gaming laptops Microsoft awarded me and a 70" 4k Promethean Board. For laughs I installed Crusader Kings 3 onto it. It looked damn good at 4k on that huge screen. However the touch screen parts were kind of flaky. Tool tops worked really well but I couldn't zoom out with finger gestures or right click.

I really wish I understood how to play Crusader Kings 3.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's mostly based around zooming in and out and right clicking, so you may have been having some technical difficulties

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh it's like a pun catered to like to cater human meat

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
This discussion has been closed.