As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MLB] The Stove is HOT

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Alec Mills also: walked on to a college baseball team, and wasn't drafted until the 22nd round.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Alec Mills also: walked on to a college baseball team, and wasn't drafted until the 22nd round.
    I’m sure he’ll be equally as good as Perfect Game thrower Philip Humbert.

he only got like, five strikeouts, and the brewers hit like wet ass now that they can't bang on garbage cans or whatever but you know

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Wait the brewers were doing that too?

I thought their cheat method was chemical...

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Por que no los dos?

Wait the brewers were doing that too?

I thought their cheat method was chemical...

it's not like, confirmed, but there were pretty heavy rumors that they were doing some sign stealing, and there was a video where yelich was looking around and yu darvish stepped on the mound, and darvish, without accusing the brewers of cheating specifically, confirmed that he stepped off the mound because he saw yelich looking into the outfield

and then yelich responded on twitter saying that nobody needed any help against yelich, which felt...like an unnecessary escalation!

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Pretty sure the Yankees and Dodgers also got accused of some things as well. Basically, assume everyone was cheating to some degree.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    I was a little surprised to not see...really any rumors about the Cubs, but I assume the Cubs offense in the past few years would likely make people just dismiss the idea that they've been cheating. They certainly never acted like they knew a curveball was coming

the smoke is fucking terrible up here, it's insane that they played in it

Jon Lester probably just had his last start in Wrigley Field, which is a bummer! Hard to imagine they win the World Series if he doesn't sign with the team and really kickstart the rebuild

Jon Lester probably just had his last start in Wrigley Field, which is a bummer! Hard to imagine they win the World Series if he doesn't sign with the team and really kickstart the rebuild

Oh, so he’s the one that put us in the bad timeline

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular

Oh, so he’s the one that put us in the bad timeline

Like Cleveland winning would have made a difference.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The Yankees sure picked a good time to stop playing like a AAA club.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Baseball umps are the second biggest weenies in sports after Kevin Durant

• FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    I still have a soft spot for Donaldson and I loved how wonderfully petty it was. Also that it started because he asked the ump if was getting called on the swing or the pitch.

Huh...
  • expendableexpendable Silly Goose Registered User regular
    Baseball umps are the second biggest weenies in sports after Kevin Durant

Soccer/Football Floppers?

Djiem wrote: »
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    So the servers suddenly decide to cramp up during the last six percent.
    Man, the Director will really go out of his way to be a dick to L4D players.
    Steam
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    imo a "weenie" is someone with fragile feelings who cannot handle any threat to their supposed authority. Floppers are just people who choose to play the game in a slightly underhanded manner.

admanb wrote: »
    imo a "weenie" is someone with fragile feelings who cannot handle any threat to their supposed authority. Floppers are just people who choose to play the game in a slightly underhanded manner.

This.

Alex Gordon of the Royals is retiring after being drafted by and playing his entire career with one team.

Steam
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    "You know, I miss the years we had Alex Gordon. None of these new kids can take a hit like he could. And did, constantly"

Edit: I just checked, he had 121 HBP in 14 years.

Chall on
    I looked it up. 121 HBP across 14 seasons.

19 alone last year.

Good for 56th all time.

Steam
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    expendable wrote: »
    Alex Gordon of the Royals is retiring after being drafted by and playing his entire career with one team.

Actually played a game against him in high school so this was definitely an "I feel old" headline today. I guess my major league dreams are probably on the ropes, guys.

• eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    All I ask for right now is the Angels to win their last 3 games and the Astros to lose their last 3 games. Unfortunately the Astros get to end the season rolling over the Rangers while the Angels have to play the Dodgers. Even if by the slimmest of chances the Angels make it in the post season, I don't expect them to get very far, I just want the Astros to miss the post season at this point.

(She/Her)
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Javy Baez just batted lefty for the second time in his career.

He smacked a double

He smacked a double

important clarification: both times he's batted left handed it has been against position players

He smacked a double

important clarification: both times he's batted left handed it has been against position players

I missed that detail. That makes it a little less impressive.

it does make it much funnier though

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    The Jays are in the post season

What happened ?!?!?!

icGJy2C.png
    The Jays are in the post season

What happened ?!?!?!

The Marlins are in the postseason.

That invalidates everything

the marlins win the world series every time they make the playoffs, this whole enterprise is fucked

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The Marlins have a -40 run differential.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    that ball was fucking destroyed

what's one step above a no doubter?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    that ball was fucking destroyed

what's one step above a no doubter?

a self-doubter, where you begin to question your own senses

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.