The good, the bad and [The Mandalorian] OPEN SPOILERS

1515253545557»

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    It seems from a known source on the set?

"My uncle Jim said that his friend Karen works with a guy who is cousins with the owner."

He's the same guy working on a real life hoverboard from Back to the Future.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    PhistiJoolander
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    It seems from a known source on the set?

"My uncle Jim said that his friend Karen works with a guy who is cousins with the owner."

He's the same guy working on a real life hoverboard from Back to the Future.

Yeah, got his start at Nintendo before moving into film production.

Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't understand why there are two people playing Mando? One person is the movements, one person is the voice (and 5 seconds of facetime), is that right?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    IIRC there are like 3 people who played him last season. One did the majority of the on-screen work, one did the heavy/specialized stunt work, and Pedro Pascal did the voice and the scene(s) where his face was visible. I'm sure you can dig up even more who played him for a variety of other reasons for much smaller increments of time.

jdarksunFencingsaxhonovereNightslyr
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 16
    look theyre hanging out

32x9lrkihmmg.png

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    ElvenshaePailryderAtomikaNightslyrH3Knuckles
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Rumor is Pedro Pascal wanted more scenes with the helmet off in season 2, butting heads with the Favreau and Filoni then trying to go over their heads to Lucasfilm... and got told to walk off set because of it.

Which, hey. If you're portraying the character, I understand wanting your face to be associated with it. But at the same time ... That's not the role. You knew what the role was. (if the rumors are true, which, meh, rumors)

Only place I've seen this is We Got This Covered which is basically a straight up tabloid that makes 99.99% of its news up.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited September 17
    IIRC there are like 3 people who played him last season. One did the majority of the on-screen work, one did the heavy/specialized stunt work, and Pedro Pascal did the voice and the scene(s) where his face was visible. I'm sure you can dig up even more who played him for a variety of other reasons for much smaller increments of time.

Folks, please keep in mind that it is not the first time in the franchise that a character's portrayal is a composite of different actors.

Edit:
    altered wording to make my comment a general one rather than a targeted response

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Still waiting on Dan "Man of his Word" Ryckert to eat a hat
    xu257gunns6e.png
    H3Knuckles
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Sounds like Pedro and David Prowse would get along well.

XBL: That Stone Dude
    Blizzard ID:StoneDudeman
    H3Knuckles
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah Anthony Daniels gets the credit but C3PO is doing all the acting and stunts.

Echo wrote: »
    Something working on the first try is a source of great suspicion.
    FencingsaxNightslyrElvenshaeMatevJoolander
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 17
    Sounds like Pedro and David Prowse would get along well.

They are at opposite ends, though. Pedro is more like JEJ, except he gets to be the face when the mask comes off.

Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    H3Knuckles
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Folks, please keep in mind that it is not the first time in the franchise that a character's portrayal is a composite of different actors.

Edit:
    altered wording to make my comment a general one rather than a targeted response

Yeah, this is not new. It's just that in this case the allocated screen time is skewed because Mando has his helmet on the vast majority of time, and the "main face" actor apparently didn't do a lot of the work beyond a handful of scenes. Also, we're talking about the titular character rather than supporting cast.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular

That's about what happened with Vader in the OT. Only add a fourth for the unmasked and ghost appearances. And a fifth when they replaced his old-man ghost with Anakin's actor from the PT.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png