As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why are we not talking about [Legal Marijuana] in multiple states and now for Vets?

• Options
    Special KSpecial K Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    From a recreational standpoint, I would agree. However, the MMJ card is in the state database, which kind of makes you by default a "user."

It means you can use, not that you do - as such, I think people can tick the box with a clear conscience (provided they are not current users, of course).

I'm not a lawyer, so my opinion is pretty useless, but I think that even the U.S. federal government is aware of the difference between "do you ..." and "have you ever ...", because I think the latter is used in e.g. immigration statements? The link gives examples of both "do/are you ..." and "have you ever ..." so it seems there's a legal difference to be found there.
    Worst case scenario, I'd rather have my MMJ than LTC. In my situation, pain and comfort supersedes owning a weapon. I still don't like how the fed is handling this, though.

Yeah, this is a tough situation. Sorry you're dealing with that.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So I understand that the form asks specifically about MJ, but is the law specific on that account, or is it just creative writing of the forms?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So I understand that the form asks specifically about MJ, but is the law specific on that account, or is it just creative writing of the forms?
    The law is generally about Class A narcotics, but after states started allowing medical marijuana, the ATF changed the verbiage and sent out notices to every state specifically calling out marijuana.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    The law is generally about Class A narcotics, but after states started allowing medical marijuana, the ATF changed the verbiage and sent out notices to every state specifically calling out marijuana.

Sure, but that's an agency level policy? So, provided we don't spend the rest of forever with President Trump, we could see that changed with a policy update, rather than passing a law/updating an existing law?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular

Sure, but that's an agency level policy? So, provided we don't spend the rest of forever with President Trump, we could see that changed with a policy update, rather than passing a law/updating an existing law?
    Oh yeah. If marijuana gets removed from Class A, then the ATF could modify the form and we don't have a problem.

In the greater scheme of things, this sucks. However, there are way more important things going on to tackle. If I had to choose between this and expunging the records of all non-violent marijuana offenders, I'd prefer the latter. Those poor folks got screwed over for something that never should have existed.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Want another good reason why marijuana should be legalized? It's a gateway drug out of the harder, nastier drugs.
    Preliminary work by our team similarly demonstrates that young people may use cannabis to reduce the harms caused by other forms of substance use [24] and in order to transition away from more harmful forms of substance use (e.g., injection drug use; see Boyd et al. [25]).

One of the anecdotes posted is about a woman who had been a daily binge drinker whose alcoholism had led to her homelessness. Smoking marijuana helped wean her off her alcohol cravings and get her back on her feet, find a job, and get a roof back over her head.

Granted, self-medicating absolutely has its problems, and not all the stories are nearly as positive, but yeah, DARE lied to us on yet another level.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not gonna lie getting off harder shit and booze might have killed me, the only solace was being able to get stoned so I could eat and sleep again

• Options
    Does anyone know if any medical studies are being done/have come out regarding vaping, either dry herb or concentrate?

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if any medical studies are being done/have come out regarding vaping, either dry herb or concentrate?

The studies I'm aware of deal more with delivery methods than active ingredients, following the outbreak of vitamin e acetate lung disease.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Are there any marijuana measures on state ballots this year? I haven't heard anything.

In other news somebody that's into vapes, can you tell me the difference between a stizzy pod, a canabais delivered terp stizzy pod, and a live resin stizzy pod? It's mainly the terpertine one I don't understand. They're at 3 different price points at my local pot shop.

I will say this, the live resin is good. It's 10% off everything today so I splurged .

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Are there any marijuana measures on state ballots this year? I haven't heard anything.

In other news somebody that's into vapes, can you tell me the difference between a stizzy pod, a canabais delivered terp stizzy pod, and a live resin stizzy pod? It's mainly the terpertine one I don't understand. They're at 3 different price points at my local pot shop.

I will say this, the live resin is good. It's 10% off everything today so I splurged .

I believe 5 states are running measures? Arizona and New Jersey are two of them, iirc

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Also, iirc, live pods are made from bud that is flash frozen immediately after picking, instead of dried bud? And I think the terp one just has terps added back in after extraction?

The terp one I think uses terps made from only one strain, whereas their normal pods are a mix of terps from various strains. Sort of a blended vs single malt whisky type deal?

Brody on

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Also, iirc, live pods are made from bud that is flash frozen immediately after picking, instead of dried bud? And I think the terp one just has terps added back in after extraction?

The terp one I think uses terps made from only one strain, whereas their normal pods are a mix of terps from various strains. Sort of a blended vs single malt whisky type deal?

Like I'm seeing why I'd pay for the live resin ones in theory. I dab live resin. I assume this is the same stuff or very similar, and it.does seem very strong. It's the terp one I'm not understanding. I thought terps were things used for extraction and bad so I seem to have misunderstood the term. Any advantages to the thc or delivery?

You know, these boxes are lab tested with %'s. I could look at that. Might try the terps next time. Definitely feeling the live resin more than the standard pods.

Edit according to the box the live resin actually has less thc and less thc % than the standard pod I have. That can't be right, right?

RickRude on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    New Jersey has on the ballot to amend the state constitution to allow cultivation, possession and sale of marijuana legal in the state with a legal age of 21 attached.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

Like I'm seeing why I'd pay for the live resin ones in theory. I dab live resin. I assume this is the same stuff or very similar, and it.does seem very strong. It's the terp one I'm not understanding. I thought terps were things used for extraction and bad so I seem to have misunderstood the term. Any advantages to the thc or delivery?

You know, these boxes are lab tested with %'s. I could look at that. Might try the terps next time. Definitely feeling the live resin more than the standard pods.

Edit according to the box the live resin actually has less thc and less thc % than the standard pod I have. That can't be right, right?

As far as I have been able to find, there is a lot of research missing in the synergistic effects of various terpenes and other cannabinoids present in the original herb, which may or may not be lost in extraction, depending on all sorts of things.

Terpenes themselves are just aromatics? I think? They aren't inherently bad? Unless some of them are? My understanding is that they give various strains their flavor profiles.

• Options
    StarZapperStarZapper Vermont, Bizzaro world.Registered User regular
    Well, Vermont's legislature have finally come to an agreement on a fully legalized, regulated market. They'll probably vote the bill to pass in the next week or two. Unfortunately, we still have a dingbat Republican governor who will probably veto this bill like he did the last one, but we'll see because it's an election year and he hasn't said anything about it yet.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    StarZapper wrote: »
    Well, Vermont's legislature have finally come to an agreement on a fully legalized, regulated market. They'll probably vote the bill to pass in the next week or two. Unfortunately, we still have a dingbat Republican governor who will probably veto this bill like he did the last one, but we'll see because it's an election year and he hasn't said anything about it yet.

Hopefully we can get Zuckerman in.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

As far as I have been able to find, there is a lot of research missing in the synergistic effects of various terpenes and other cannabinoids present in the original herb, which may or may not be lost in extraction, depending on all sorts of things.

Terpenes themselves are just aromatics? I think? They aren't inherently bad? Unless some of them are? My understanding is that they give various strains their flavor profiles.

I thought live resin was a result of fresh flower being exposed to pressure and heat to extract the natural oils. In my research of the stizzy pods, I guess I'm wrong?

• Options
    edited September 2020

I thought live resin was a result of fresh flower being exposed to pressure and heat to extract the natural oils. In my research of the stizzy pods, I guess I'm wrong?

I'm not sure if they are still doing BHO extraction for live resin, but I think the primary point is the flash freezing fresh flower instead of curing/drying it.

Edit: I think Rosin is extracted via heat and pressure.

I would be interest in seeing how live resin compares to bubble hash. Also would be interested in trying bubble hash.

Brody on

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I could be confusing rosin and resin. Just know I buy one in a sugar form for my dabs usually insteadteaf of shatter

RickRude on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I think when you make bubble hash using "fresh frozen" weed, the resulting product counts as live resin? Im not 100% sure on that. My thinking is that there are many ways to get the resin, it is the freezing of the fresh weed that makes the product "live resin".

• Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    Flash freezing whole freshly harvested plants and extracting provides live resin. It (should) contain all the terpenes of the providing plant. Different terps have different consistencies, which are responsible for the resulting texture differences between different live resins. A solvent is used to do the extraction. Because of resulting concentrate having a mix terpenes and cannibinoids, the THC level is lower than other concentrates. But this is the closest a concentrate tends to get as being 'true' to its plant.

For people like me, this is a plus, as i find pure THC without any balance from other cannibinoids like CBD or terpenes to be slightly unpleasant and anxiety enducing. I know in depth research about terpenes and different 'entourage' effects are still really not there. But from my own anecdotal experience, they very much make a difference. I know people who only want the strongest possible THC concentrate, amd think paying the extra money for 'live resin' type a waste. But i smoke more for medicinal reasons than to get super high, so im glad to pay the extra for the resin, as its the most like smoking whatever strain its from.

Alot of vape carts are distillate, and thats almost pure THC. You can have different qualities of these too. The bottom level being 'poop soup', where all scraps, trim, etc go and all the thc is extracted. No terpenes added back in, just THC with maybe some shitty flavor added. From there as you go up in quality/price, you might get indica/sativa specific carts, strain specific carts, carts with terpenes put back in after the distillation, different THC/CBD ration carts, etc. But nothing can come as close to the original plant as resin.

This applies to edibles for me as well. Full spectrum edibles are much more pleasent to me than pure extract edibles. Havent had many delta-8 edibles to give an opinion on those.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    Tyrant526 wrote: »
    Flash freezing whole freshly harvested plants and extracting provides live resin. It (should) contain all the terpenes of the providing plant. Different terps have different consistencies, which are responsible for the resulting texture differences between different live resins. A solvent is used to do the extraction. Because of resulting concentrate having a mix terpenes and cannibinoids, the THC level is lower than other concentrates. But this is the closest a concentrate tends to get as being 'true' to its plant.

For people like me, this is a plus, as i find pure THC without any balance from other cannibinoids like CBD or terpenes to be slightly unpleasant and anxiety enducing. I know in depth research about terpenes and different 'entourage' effects are still really not there. But from my own anecdotal experience, they very much make a difference. I know people who only want the strongest possible THC concentrate, amd think paying the extra money for 'live resin' type a waste. But i smoke more for medicinal reasons than to get super high, so im glad to pay the extra for the resin, as its the most like smoking whatever strain its from.

Alot of vape carts are distillate, and thats almost pure THC. You can have different qualities of these too. The bottom level being 'poop soup', where all scraps, trim, etc go and all the thc is extracted. No terpenes added back in, just THC with maybe some shitty flavor added. From there as you go up in quality/price, you might get indica/sativa specific carts, strain specific carts, carts with terpenes put back in after the distillation, different THC/CBD ration carts, etc. But nothing can come as close to the original plant as resin.

This applies to edibles for me as well. Full spectrum edibles are much more pleasent to me than pure extract edibles. Havent had many delta-8 edibles to give an opinion on those.

So Is it like the difference between jack daniels and Johnny walker? Or are there reasons to get the higher quality stuff. I say jack and Johnny, because both will fuck you up, one just tastes better and is more refined.

Although they both taste like cheap ass whiskey to me. I hate whiskey.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    My favorite smoke tight now are these presidential infused blunts I get. Basically moonrocks. Infused, kiefed tree.anf again just moo rocks. Which I could buy, but can't imagine rolling. $20 for 1.5 g, gives me about 4 smokes, 33% thc. Just so convenient.

I'm just really. Curious About the stizzy pod, terp pod, and live resin pod.

Am I feeling better off the full resin stizzy because it's a full spectrum of flower or is a placebo? I know thc % isn't the end all be all.

Edit Smoked a 3rd of that moonrock blunt. 1.5 g for 20. Feel so good. Sorry for any hard to read comments

RickRude on
  • Options
    Tyrant526Tyrant526 Registered User regular
    I personally find the difference between vaping thc distillate and live resin worth the price and a much wider gap than just buying nicer liquor. But again, there are different levels of distillate quality and care. Price tends to reflect that, but generally asking questions at your local place is the best way to be sure. I prefer the resin because it mimics actually smoking some straight bud the best. Flavor, feeling, etc...

But the biggest concentrate i use is just kief, so my opinons different from alot of people i know. But i absolutely feel better off of live resin even tho the thc is always less.

Maul360.png
  • Options
    If we are going to compare it to alcohols, I'd say it's more like difference between everclear and whiskey.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Colorado's governor just issued a mass pardon for everyone convicted of possessing an ounce or less of marijuana. The governor had to wait for a bill to pass through the legislature, and that law just came into effect. Still, about dang time, six years after legalization.

• Options
    Mayabird wrote: »
    Colorado's governor just issued a mass pardon for everyone convicted of possessing an ounce or less of marijuana. The governor had to wait for a bill to pass through the legislature, and that law just came into effect. Still, about dang time, six years after legalization.

I am fucking shocked

• Options
    It's trimming season! Yaaaaaaaaaaa......aaaaa....aaaaaah, fuck, trimming sucks.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    For those of you that don't have legal weed yet, check out this dispensary right by me that offers free delivery in my area that's out of california. The retail stores are actually really competitive with the medical joints. I didn't even renew my medical license this year as I get a 15% veterans discount and Wednesday is 10% off everything.

Taxes are high though.

https://greenstoneretail.com/

RickRude on
  • Options
    If we are going to compare it to alcohols, I'd say it's more like difference between everclear and whiskey.

That's dabs vs tree though, not what I was talking about which is stizzy pods, terp.pods, and live resin. The live resin pods tasted really good, but it wasn't like the live resin I get to dab. Ones a concentrate, the other isn't. Might be made about the same but no way I was getting dab like hits off the live resin stizzy. I went back to the cheapest ones.

• Options
    4 states legalized marijuana! And I know this isn't the catch all drug in government thread but o'regan decriminalized possession of pretty much all drugs making it a fine or rehab for most cases.

• Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    Curious to see how the NJ/NYC border plays out. Hoboken, Jersey City, and Fort Lee are either about to make a lot of bank or the bridges and tunnels are about to become heavily policed, or both?

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Curious to see how the NJ/NYC border plays out. Hoboken, Jersey City, and Fort Lee are either about to make a lot of bank or the bridges and tunnels are about to become heavily policed, or both?

The NYPD and Port Authority suddenly going full gestapo on weed would make approximately zero people happy.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it would make both their political masters and big money unhappy

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yeah weed is decriminalized in NYC, unless someone is traveling with a ridiculous amount of weed there's little point in even catching it.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Is there a map of the states showing where they are with weed legalization? Like Legal/Decriminalized/Medicinal/Fully Criminalized

• Options
    4 states legalized marijuana! And I know this isn't the catch all drug in government thread but o'regan decriminalized possession of pretty much all drugs making it a fine or rehab for most cases.

It's not even rehab, it's $100 fine, or a health checkup at a rehab center.
    Is there a map of the states showing where they are with weed legalization? Like Legal/Decriminalized/Medicinal/Fully Criminalized

I think the map here is up to date.

https://disa.com/map-of-marijuana-legality-by-state

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Montana voted to legalize, which is important to me since there's a decent chance that I'll be relocating to Missoula sometime in the next year, but from what I've seen the GOP-controlled state legislature has already drafted a bill that could potentially repeal it, so who knows at this point.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Montana voted to legalize, which is important to me since there's a decent chance that I'll be relocating to Missoula sometime in the next year, but from what I've seen the GOP-controlled state legislature has already drafted a bill that could potentially repeal it, so who knows at this point.

Yeah, they did this in response to the medical legalization initiative as well. The result was a second "what part of medical cannabis did you not understand?" initiative.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

The NYPD and Port Authority suddenly going full gestapo on weed would make approximately zero people happy.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it would make both their political masters and big money unhappy

I agree it's in no one's best interest, but NYPD are notorious for being assholes for no reason, so I'm wary. On the other hand, depending on how long it takes NJ to set up their infrastructure, NYC might try to fast-track their own thing. No way they're going to let all that money go to Jersey City.

y59kydgzuja4.png