As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TV]Thread: Have you guys seen this new show, Lost? It’s an Anime

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I never even made it through season two, I'm good

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    once upon a time is criminally boring

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    The wildest shit happens in Once Upon A Time but it manages to do so in such a boring way that you won't even realize how crazy it was yourself until you try to describe the episode to someone else

The show had one good twist in the first season and that convinced me to watch it for far too long

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't know, I embraced the ridiculousness and had a good time.

sig.gif
  • Options
    less once upon a time, more grimm

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... I think I only just fully comprehended that those are different shows.

• Options
    Away continues to be irritating. On top of the science goofs, IDGAF about this angsty teen drama when there is SPACE! going on

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Supernatural season 2 budget:
    1. MUSIC
    2. MUSIC
    2. Overtime pay for audio expert to put in loud sounds for commercial breaks
    3. Everything else the same as season 1

I joke, but the licensed music works

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    The wildest shit happens in Once Upon A Time but it manages to do so in such a boring way that you won't even realize how crazy it was yourself until you try to describe the episode to someone else

The show had one good twist in the first season and that convinced me to watch it for far too long

this is also why I quit watching Riverdale

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Away continues to be irritating. On top of the science goofs, IDGAF about this angsty teen drama when there is SPACE! going on

Did you happen to watch the miniseries Ascension?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I started watching Marvel's Runaways.

I'm four episodes in and these kids haven't even run away yet.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »

no, should I?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I started watching Marvel's Runaways.

I'm four episodes in and these kids haven't even run away yet.

They don't really run away until the end of the season!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I watched at least 4 seasons of Once Upon a Time...maybe 5? Maybe 6?

I honestly don’t remember.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I have a picture with Giancarlo Esposito and it's awesome because he was a guest on a talk show I worked on and I said "Hey it's Mr Glass!" and he laughed and I talked to him about Once Upon a Time and JJ Abrams for awhile and when it ended he said "This is a first, no questions about Gus." And I was very confused because I have never seen Breaking Bad.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    you should consider watching Perry Mason or Orphan Black

the first two seasons of Orphan Black rule, some of the best tv i've ever watched. I never finished it but it seemed to kind of go off the rails, but those first two seasons are incredible.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have a picture with Giancarlo Esposito and it's awesome because he was a guest on a talk show I worked on and I said "Hey it's Mr Glass!" and he laughed and I talked to him about Once Upon a Time and JJ Abrams for awhile and when it ended he said "This is a first, no questions about Gus." And I was very confused because I have never seen Breaking Bad.

I once saw Giancarlo Esposito walk into the vendor space I was in at a con, pick up an action figure of Gus Fring, hold it up to head level and then stare deeply into its eyes. He then went over to the cash register to buy it and the vendor did a doubletake after seeing what he was buying.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Id buy an action figure of myself. Finally I could he with Figuarts Fujiko

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    If I met Giancarlo Esposito, having not seen most of the big things he's been in, I'd probably talk to him about the one I'm most familiar with.
    Payday 2.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2020

this is why i haven't watched gotham yet despite hearing it gets ridiculous

i watched the first two or three episodes when they aired and it was just so boring

Garlic Bread on
  • Options

i watched the first two or three episodes when they aired and it was just so boring

gotham's first few episodes struggle a little bit because nobody told season one ben mackenzie that this was a nonsense show

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    also it really doesn't hit its stride until the penguin/riddler romance begins

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Gotham starts off so boring. It’s why I didn’t watch it for the longest time but once I slogged through the beginning well...it’s so damn good.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

don't play with my heart man is this real

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

don't play with my heart man is this real

It's an unrequited love, but yes, there is a supreme attraction held by one of them for the other.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

gotham's first few episodes struggle a little bit because nobody told season one ben mackenzie that this was a nonsense show

Its far better once Ben Mackenzie starts dropping three or four speeches per episode.

His portrayal of Jim Gordan is a monologue-machine and it reaches near comical heights in the last few seasons.

Zonugal on
  • Options
    the entire criminal underground in television's gotham revolves around the whims of oswald cobblepot: jilted lover and his shitty ex, the riddler

and that's like maybe only one of the top twenty reasons the show rules

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    The thing to understand about Gotham's Oswald Cobblepot, easily its best character throughout the entire run of the show, is that he is a being who lives for DRAMA.

He is a gross, psycho Regina George.

And he only ever dresses like he is going to a My Chemical Romance concert.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    The thing to understand about Gotham's Oswald Cobblepot, easily its best character throughout the entire run of the show, is that he is a being who lives for DRAMA.

alright i'll try to watch it soon

• Options

I’ve been telling you for YEARS

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya once Gotham stops petering around trying to be a police procedural and dives in on going crazy, it dives in hard.

It does a triple lindy flip into the crazy pool

And it's awesome

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

no, should I?

I liked it! It's also only six episodes. It's about a colony style spaceship, which means there's regular people drama along with worrying about asteroids and radiation and such. Your comment reminded me of it immediately. Not sure if it would be too much for you, though. It also has an astronaut detective, who has to solve a space murder!

I'd recommend you give it two episodes, then you'll know if you'll care about the rest of it. The ending is a little lackluster, but I think the rest is interesting enough to recommend.

Also the captain is Bobby Cobb, which is incredible.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options

you didn't say it was about mall goth regina george! you don't get commission for this sale

• Options

you didn't say it was about mall goth regina george! you don't get commission for this sale

I told you plenty about it!

• Options
    i am pretty sure i have told you that tho, garlic bread

so you should listen to me more

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited September 2020
    By the way @Rorshach Kringle, I don't think I ever shared my Gotham Character Power Rankings with you?

My top ten were:

Character Power Ranking
    #1. -- Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
    #2. -- Alfred Pennyworth
    #3. -- Edward Nygma/The Riddler
    #4. -- Dr. Hugo Strange
    #5. -- Victor Zsasz
    #6. -- Harvey Bullock
    #7. -- Butch Gilzean
    #8. -- Barbara Kean
    #9. -- Jervis Tetch/Mad Hatter
    #10. -- Lazlo Valentin/Professor Pyg

And my three favorite episodes were:
    #1. -- "Wrath of the Villains: Mad Grey Dawn" (S2.E15)
    #2. -- "Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness" (S2.E14)
    #3. -- "What The Little Bird Told Him" (S1.E12)

Zonugal on
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Just wrapped up season 1 of Cobra Kai.

I was not expecting the amount of residual emotional attachment I apparently have for Pat Morita. All it took was his theme to play and I ugly cried for at least 3 minutes.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    i am pretty sure i have told you that tho, garlic bread

so you should listen to me more

raijin didn't watch sweet/vicious for the first few weeks when i told him to, that's why it got canceled

• Options
    i am surprised you only listed yourself as number 9, @zonugal

6vjsgrerts6r.png

This discussion has been closed.