As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Hello again, phalla thread!

Unless anyone has any objections, I have a small game I'd like to run, with the game starting next week. It's unrelated to the series of games Austin and I are doing (although we are already in the initial planning stage for the next one!).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    tbcxa003fnqk.png

Ace Attorney has ruined my ability to hear certain words.

I'm looking forward to playing!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

As an actual attorney, I'll allow it.

It's the last day of camp in the Wet Hot American Phalla!

Sign-ups are now open! (Please note the vote close time in the OP.)

• MicroMicro Registered User regular
    Hello team! I don't think I've been involved in a phalla for, ooh, 10 years now, but I had a mental flashback to some wonderful times with you all long before wife, family and kids, and thought I'd pop back and say hello. No idea if any of the old gang I remember are still around, but best wishes to you all.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    There's the fragments but lots of the olds are still around! :lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Oh I apparently missed the last Phalla :(

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah no one @'ed me :(

And it hard to tell when people are talking in here or posting signs up.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    To be fair the last game was capped at 16 so I think it filled up without needing pinging. I keep saying i am going to post signups when things calm down.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah Locus was running a small game to test some things out.

We'll ping everyone when the next Act of The Day the Music Died is ready.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Micro wrote: »
    Hello team! I don't think I've been involved in a phalla for, ooh, 10 years now, but I had a mental flashback to some wonderful times with you all long before wife, family and kids, and thought I'd pop back and say hello. No idea if any of the old gang I remember are still around, but best wishes to you all.

Like Infidel said, I think a lot of folks are still around, even if they don’t play anymore! Thanks for stopping by and best wishes to you and your family as well!

• MicroMicro Registered User regular
    !Kime

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Some things never change.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Hey all, Among Us is basically Phalla. Some of us are going to play tonight at 9 Eastern until we get bored, but we might need more for a full party of 10. PM me if you're interested and I can give you the super secret discord link. If you miss killing kime he says he'll probably show up between 11 and 12 eastern.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Sounds fun. Is that a steam game or?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Sounds fun. Is that a steam game or?
    $5 on Steam and itch.io, free on Mobile

I'll be there all night! Playing it for the first time live with yall, so that should be interesting. Come enjoy my fuckups!

OrokosPA.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    I'll be there all night! Playing it for the first time live with yall, so that should be interesting. Come enjoy my fuckups!

My first time too! I'm the Imposter!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    @MrBlarney you should pick it up and then we can have "Blarnfidel" games i.e. host and mess with the settings. :P

OrokosPA.png
    It strikes me that the idea of this is pretty similar to the FTL game we were working on.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Infidel literally said that in the Discord in the last 20 minutes.

It strikes me that the idea of this is pretty similar to the FTL game we were working on.

Yep, this is a realtime version of what we designed... :rotate:

OrokosPA.png
    From the Phalla Design Doc:
    Crew - All players are active members of the player starship and may interact with it. More crew can be recruited in events. Their faction may not match that of the rest of the crew.
    Room - The player starship is made up of various locations, connected by doors. This is likely to be a graph with nodes representing rooms and edges representing doors. “Hallways” or “corridors” can simply be empty/more boring rooms. Graphically, the rooms are arranged in a 2D map and likely to obey standard physics in their arrangement. Each room has a number of stations or systems that each player can interact with. Too many players in one room will deplete the O2 in a room faster, increasing player fatigue.
    Station - Most rooms will have one main station, which are interactable systems for crew to perform one or more actions. These are intended to represent various areas of operation required for the spaceship simulation. Options are likely to be restricted more by skillset than by faction alignment. Stations can offer opportunity to improve or damage the functioning of the ship and to further a player’s objective.

OrokosPA.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    MrBlarney: you should pick it up and then we can have "Blarnfidel" games i.e. host and mess with the settings. :P
    Hm hmm, yes... I have been seeing some buzz about this game lately. I was gonna start playing Hades now that it's out... but that can happen any time. I'll see about joining in later tonight.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    MrBlarney: you should pick it up and then we can have "Blarnfidel" games i.e. host and mess with the settings. :P
    Hm hmm, yes... I have been seeing some buzz about this game lately. I was gonna start playing Hades now that it's out... but that can happen any time. I'll see about joining in later tonight.

I just found out you can't gift from Canada to US cause of the pricing? Booooooooo.

OrokosPA.png
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Haha, don't worry about it, it was already on my wishlist. I just needed the impetus to pick it up and I'll do that once my work for the week is done.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ...There's a discord?

wVEsyIc.png
    It's mostly a D&D politics/chat discord, but we're organizing there. PM me if you want the link for tonight though as D&D people we are very sad.

You know when I saw the notifications you guys were posting in this thread I was thinking well CKIII is out, its about time for that CK II game... :)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    You know when I saw the notifications you guys were posting in this thread I was thinking well CKIII is out, its about time for that CK II game... :)
    shit we should play ck3

If you play the mobile version can you play against folks using it on steam?

Ardor wrote: »
    If you play the mobile version can you play against folks using it on steam?

They can

What time are you folks playing? Pax online was making me think about the memories here, so I’d be interested. However, my schedule is dictated by the kids, so I wouldn’t be available until 9:30ish PT.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I'd be down to play.

We're playing right now and have two spots. Some West Coasters are coming later we think.

ebum and I somehow hivemind killed Phyphor and nailed the imposter! :P

Also with it being virtual PAX this virtual mafia with everyone is really making it more of a PAX. :lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'm always evil in this version too!

So a few people are still going, but we played for four and a half hours. It's super fun.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    10/10 would stab everyone again