As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

*loading a shotgun & getting on the rocket ship* moon's haunted (Spelunky 2) - STEAM/PS4

AshcroftAshcroft LOLThe PayloadRegistered User regular
edited September 2020 in Social Entropy++
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EywsqbENxwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6JVT2Sp8aQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zcS7SxfKUQ

It's out on PS4. PC in 2 weeks!

I've only had a few hours to play so far, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Very hard, even with thousands of Spelunky runs under my belt.

ZD98Zka.png
Ashcroft on

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    PC in 2 weeks!
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I've been pretty obsessively checking the NA psn store all morning. the listing is finally up but doesn't have a buy button

what do you want me to do, derek yu? do you want me to kill someone? I'll do it. I'll do it for spelunky

• AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    It was up on the New Zealand store way before the UK store and I was this close to making a NZ PSN account

ZD98Zka.png
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Woke up at six thirty this morning to download and play

It's super fun

I was being fucked over by my muscle memory until I turned off autorun, though

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    why is the pc delayed two weeks whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    yeah this rules. it's spelunky. I can't imagine this game changing your mind if you didn't like the original

but holy heck it's exactly what I needed. More Spelunky

I made it to 4-1! I'm not sure if that's near the end though, it didn't feel like it. And there have definitely been a few things I've seen that have me wondering wtf is going on. I'm so tempted to look things up, but, I want to at least see credits before I do that.

ZD98Zka.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    why is the pc delayed two weeks whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Online multi-player. Really I wish they'd release it now and patch it in. :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    A
    B
    C
    Always
    Be
    Cooking turkeys

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I'm playing Spelunky 1 while waiting for the PC version to release. Hoping to finally completing a Yama run, just have to get past that obstacle of always, fucking, something, up

I just hit the RNG lottery and got a plasma cannon on 1-1... time to go make some bad decisions

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    I died

Steam ID
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i find the plasma cannon is the easiest way to get very dead very quickly

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am also playing Spelunky 1 on the Vita

This game is so good and I am so bad at it

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Plasma cannons should only be used to mine out gems for free after the area has been explored and cleared. Using that thing to actually traverse levels is, like...it's not a teleporter, but it's still pretty deathwishy.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    Some of my best runs are when I don't get best items. I swear every powerful item is just more rope to hang yourself with.

Dang, S2 is tough; I'm still not getting out of the Mines on the reg, and I haven't got past area 2 at all today. And I can beat Hell in Spelunky 1 about, every third run. I hate the burrowing fuckers with a passion.

It's great. I'm having a wonderful time.

ZD98Zka.png
    Had some powerfully salty deaths last night, but I did get to 4-2! And I’m getting shortcuts open, so that’s something I guess

Game’s real hard y’all

edited September 2020
    (spelunky 1)

Ok, so usually a death can be blamed at some stupid self inflicted mistake. But no spelunky, if I shotgun a UFO and send it flying offscreen, and then you send me back a ticking mine flying through the air, and then have that mine instantly explode directly on top of me mid air, then that one's on you game!

I had like 70 bombs and it was 1 level before I needed to suicide with the ankh too

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    (spelunky 1)

LOxXRr8.png

I did it, I finally did it

Steam ID
    Now do the real secret double hard ending

TheStig wrote: »
    Now do the real secret double hard ending

Well I guess I do have a week and a half to kill before 2 unlocks on PC...

EGGPLANT RUN LET'S GO!

Steam ID
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    My favourite streamer has been playing it, and it's been a weird dilemma of wanting to watch it but not wanting to be spoiled.

So I've kinda just watched him for like brief periods at a time.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Yeah I watch a bit of B-Rex, but the moment he got somewhere I hadn't seen, I noped right out of there.

ZD98Zka.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    man this is haaaaaard

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    It feels like there are so many tantalising secrets just out of reach.

broken image link
    Has anyone done online co-op yet? Is there any way to revive a dead partner?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Has anyone done online co-op yet? Is there any way to revive a dead partner?

Yes
    On the next level after they died you should find a coffin with them inside.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    (spelunky 1)

Ok, so usually a death can be blamed at some stupid self inflicted mistake. But no spelunky, if I shotgun a UFO and send it flying offscreen, and then you send me back a ticking mine flying through the air, and then have that mine instantly explode directly on top of me mid air, then that one's on you game!

I had like 70 bombs and it was 1 level before I needed to suicide with the ankh too

Mm, airburst munition, nice. This really is a sequel

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    Sometimes in the mines it says 'Your voice echos in here' or something like that and I have no idea what it means. I wanna look things up sooo much

Also I made it to 4-2, but not the same 4 as before but then I had about 20 runs die in the mines and jungle again and I'm very salty about it.

And I just realised that I haven't seen Ice Caves yet but I'm sure it was in the trailers so where the fuck are they?

ZD98Zka.png
    Ice Caves:
    After the water or Egypt level

I think it might just be one long level now? The two times I've cleared the level it's taken me straight to the next one

Not liking the whole 'packs you're wearing blow up more easily now' thing. No I do not like it.

ZD98Zka.png
  • ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    ah that's what that was

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Awwww I just got home from work, turned on my computer and went to twitch and saw GrandPooBear was streaming Spelunky 2, tuned in just in time to see him on the credits for the first time.. and only about two seconds later he saw himself listed in the credits and he got so happy he started crying. It was adorable.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited September 2020
    Apparently the heads above the Eye Chest are streamers too?

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
    Steam version is out. I bought it again.

ZD98Zka.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    This game is crazy.

I made it to 3-1
    and Olmec was there. And he had a second phase and threw bombs at me. I did not beat the second phase.

I have 3 completely seperate questions about 3-1 that I think could lead to secrets and am sadly just not good enough at the game to figure them out yet.

ZD98Zka.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    After 200 runs and one win on PS4, I wanted to really make the most of my inaugural PC run. So of course I died on 3-1 with a jetpack, 40 bombs, and like five thousand gold.

But I learned an important lesson, which is
    always rob the Black Market even if you don't think you need to, because doing the thing with just sticky bombs instead of a shotgun is way worse than I realized. I'd rather just deal with angry shopkeepers forever than have to worry about threading that needle.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    OK I'm not seeing any slow down, but something is up with this game. It's maxing out pretty much any GPU, but only when you alt tab. wtf?? 1070, 1080, 2080, it's doing it to everything it seems.

ZD98Zka.png
    edited September 2020
    I just saw Bananasaurus_Rex do the double secret super ending and get to the final(?) zone for the first time... and then die in the most spelunky way possible before making any real discoveries there

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID