As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    well this is neat, bandai just announced a new line of candy toy kits called Gundam Artifact

artifact_TCr_4udIJDHyNYn5szr5WlOoDxgEDzykrL51.jpg

https://hobby.dengeki.com/news/1068426/

all you tabletoppers can put your mini painting skills to the test

Alright, ya got me gunpla thread, what's this all about?

*consults the internet*

10724846a8_m.jpg

Sweet Fucking Christmas. These kits are no joke.
    Each mobile suit has a mechanical arrangement unique to this product, which consists of about 50 parts.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    well this is neat, bandai just announced a new line of candy toy kits called Gundam Artifact

Huh what are all these designs? These all look super appealing to me in this form, even the Hi-Nu and the one suit from Zeta that cameo'd as a super badass suit in Unicorn, which are designs I don't like in their bigger kit forms.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Huh what are all these designs? These all look super appealing to me in this form, even the Hi-Nu and the one suit from Zeta that cameo'd as a super badass suit in Unicorn, which are designs I don't like in their bigger kit forms.
    Per Google translate:
    Left to right, those are:
    Rick Diaz
    Ex-S Gundam
    Hi-ν Gundam
    Nightingale
    Biaran Custom

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Yeah that is a very well proportioned Nightingale. Not to scale at all but whatever.

X22wmuF.jpg
    I like the proportions of all those way more than the larger models of them lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yeah they're definitely putting their own spin on those designs, you can tell by the logo the kind of more mechanical approach they're taking

uc3ufTB.png
    damn if I were a miniature painting type I'd for sure want a bunch of those, alas

BahamutZERO.gif
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Warhammer size mobile suits is cool, but I’ll be forever sad that the Bandai Space Marine wasn’t a model kit.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Apparently the color is meant to evoke resin garage kits

Also those stylings are Izubuchi as heeeeeeeell

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I finished the rest of my Barbatos today!!!

Now I'm just putting the weapons together, then I'm gonna go over the little sticker sheet thing and decide what I want to paint and what I want to stick... and then I am gonna take a break by posing this beautiful gundam and putting it in my display case!

I also discovered that the goddamn cockpit opens up? So I can see the tiny adorable Mikazuki inside? Holy crap this is so cool.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Finally remembered to get some pictures before the sun went down.

Portanova, Close Combat armor in desert tan:
    k5EPpUn.jpg
    I see nubs and moldlines! More work to be done. Also this guy didn't want to stand up and his axe is backwards. Need to get more bases printed.

Materia (FA Girls) with MSG Hand Bazooka and Revenant Eye Extend Arms:
    hsW5hv0.jpg
    Looks to me more like the legs on my patio chairs than factory-fresh weapons, but it's way more exciting than the dull gray plastic underneath.

For my next project I had to hit three different stores to find pearlescent white, but once everything's together I'm gonna work on this next project all knight long!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    What's a good kit along the lines of the RG Sazabi? Or if I was feeling ballsy and wanted to step up to the next grade...

wVEsyIc.png
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    RG Nu Gundam to go with the Sazabi.

steam_sig.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The RG Sazabi is one of the best gunpla kits, period. If you want to keep in the RG line, look at the RG Nu Gundam. If you want to move up to MG scale stuff, look at the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka, the MG ZZ Ver Ka (or FAZZ Ver Ka), or the MG Full Armor Gundam Thunderbolt.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I haven't made a Real Grade yet myself but aren't Master Grades basically 1/100 scale but same complexity as the 1/144 scale Real Grades?

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I haven't made a Real Grade yet myself but aren't Master Grades basically 1/100 scale but same complexity as the 1/144 scale Real Grades?

Yeah, that's what I gathered, unless any are as fun to make as the RGs.
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    RG Nu Gundam to go with the Sazabi.

This does look nice.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    I guess it depends on your definition of "fun?" I'm just getting back into the swing of gunpla building but the 1/144 HG kits are something you knock out in a couple of hours while the MG kits are more involved projects that take multiple sessions. They're both fun but are different kinds of fun.

RGs are like MGs in that yeah, takes me a few sessions over several days to assemble

BahamutZERO.gif
    RGs are like MGs in that yeah, takes me a few sessions over several days to assemble

Not a one day thing, yeah...

dd0.jpg

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    FAZZ is probably one of the first ones I had to straight up take a break from building.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I just put together the gun for the MG Barbatos.

this fuckin thing folds up, and can be equipped while still attached to the mounting on the gundam's backpack

what the fuck this is some incredible engineering, I am ridiculously impressed right now

The MG Barbatos is probably the 2nd or 3rd best engineered MG, after the ZZ Ver Ka and either before or after the Unicorn.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    just based off the slightly different armor-less version of the FAZZ the ZZ Ver Ka is incredibly solid for something that's supposed to split into multiple parts and get put back together again.

edited September 2020
    The "can you transform Zeta in under 2009 YouTube's video length limit" challenge

https://youtu.be/Hm0eIWYDbfA

Kamille was very cruel to invent waverider mode transformations

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    Alright cheap Ebay LED vs GundamLED

sok3jssn1tku.jpg
    cogm6x9nz9pp.jpg

Ebay LED in circle lamp and no room lights, and no lights.

9h0r9axr8q6i.jpg
    fxraneiyqccp.jpg

GundamLED in room lighting, and no lights.

I fucked up and took comparison pictures in different lighting conditions which so the GundamLED had a handicap and was still way brighter and if you look closely in the no picture you can see the outline of the entire Gundam and the clear green on the beam rifle.

steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Yeeesh, the GundamLED is super bright!

Also that is a gorgeous Hi-nu and I am jealous and also mad I can't tell from looking what grade it is. The fin funnel positioning is wild.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Yeah don't look at the LED directly. It's the MG Nu Gundam Ver.Ka with the rage nucleon 3rd party backpack.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah that hi-nu is super gorgeous. Is it painted? The detailing is super nice, all those bit of gold trim.

BahamutZERO.gif
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Alright cheap Ebay LED vs GundamLED

GundamLED in room lighting, and no lights.

I fucked up and took comparison pictures in different lighting conditions which so the GundamLED had a handicap and was still way brighter and if you look closely in the no picture you can see the outline of the entire Gundam and the clear green on the beam rifle.

Where did you buy this from?

http://gundamled.com/

Shipping takes a while but can confirm they are legit.

steam_sig.png
  • Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    I finished my RG Tallgeese! I posted the images on Twitter because they're kinda big.

(Note: my twitter can sometimes be NSFW)

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    When does the Tallgeese I even show up in Endless Waltz

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    When does the Tallgeese I even show up in Endless Waltz

It doesn't. The Katoki redesigns of the Wing suits, like the wide release MGs, are called EW versions for some reason.

X22wmuF.jpg
    edited September 2020
    I think the idea is if they had gone back and redone the original series in the Endless Waltz style the suits would have looked like the EW version model kits.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    basically it sounds better than "glory of losers ver"

basically it sounds better than "glory of losers ver"

No, those are P-Bandai exclusives.

• MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    I finished a couple more kits from my backlog recently: Sailor Moon and Luna Nobel Gundam and the Shia Qan[T]!

8vvxind91bua.jpeg

fucking god I have "A-NI-ME JA-NA-I" stuck in my head, it's awful

BahamutZERO.gif
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    fucking god I have "A-NI-ME JA-NA-I" stuck in my head, it's awful

sounds like you need a silent voice

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't like the robot voice intro of Anime Ja Nai but past that I think it's a solid pop song

This discussion has been closed.