As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    If anyone wants a Lego version of Yoda's lightsabre, it'll be a gift with purchase at some point in the near future.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-yodas-lightsaber-5006290-confirmed-gwp-coming-soon/

Another article there that caught my eye: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-2021-rumored-set-details/

I'm always interested in new TIE fighters, and a model of the probe droid could be fun too.
    Wonder when that Yoda Lightsaber will be available and if it'll line up with my desired purchases.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    see317 wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    If anyone wants a Lego version of Yoda's lightsabre, it'll be a gift with purchase at some point in the near future.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-yodas-lightsaber-5006290-confirmed-gwp-coming-soon/

Another article there that caught my eye: https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-2021-rumored-set-details/

I'm always interested in new TIE fighters, and a model of the probe droid could be fun too.
    Wonder when that Yoda Lightsaber will be available and if it'll line up with my desired purchases.

I'm seriously hoping that the Yoda Lightsaber is not the GWP for the Cantina set since I really want it. But all rumors are leaning that way.

Edit: The Cantina Set is not UCS. My bad. I so am tempted for the first time to buy a GWP off of eBay.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Hedwig is such a fun build, folks. So much cool stuff going on in that model! :smile:

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Damn, one of my treehouse bags is missing a sub bag. I reached out to lego, are they usually pretty fast to respond?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Damn, one of my treehouse bags is missing a sub bag. I reached out to lego, are they usually pretty fast to respond?

Normally they take a few days at worst. Haven't had to contact them lately though.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I've been trying to buy the Mos Eisley set for 40 minutes.

I really wish it was being sold on a functional website.

edit: It glitched right at the end of my initial attempt to purchase. After that it would not allow me to checkout using PayPal and wouldn't even load the area to enter credit card info. Eventually I got it to work by clearing my cart and re-adding the cantina set, but in doing so it dropped the Yoda's lightsaber gift, so I guess I'm just not getting that?

Ketar on
    I got the Cantina but there was no lightsaber in my bag. I seriously hope that this is going to be one of those they don't show the gift with purchase like the Batmobile and NES kits in the bag but put them in the box anyways. My wife said I should buy the Cantina set since I wanted some of the minifigs in it, the lightsaber and we could repurpose some of the parts for other builds. So yep, instant purchase this morning for me. Yay!!!!

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I got the Cantina but there was no lightsaber in my bag. I seriously hope that this is going to be one of those they don't show the gift with purchase like the Batmobile and NES kits in the bag but put them in the box anyways. My wife said I should buy the Cantina set since I wanted some of the minifigs in it, the lightsaber and we could repurpose some of the parts for other builds. So yep, instant purchase this morning for me. Yay!!!!

When I first logged on and added the Cantina to my bag it automatically added the lightsaber as well and showed 2 items in my bag. Then my checkout problems and inability to purchase until checking out with only the cantina and no lightsaber. So who knows?

It's been 30+ minutes and I still don't have a confirmation email from LEGO to try to figure things out. They are really killing my initial happiness over being able to buy it on this one.

edited September 2020
    Ketar wrote: »

When I first logged on and added the Cantina to my bag it automatically added the lightsaber as well and showed 2 items in my bag. Then my checkout problems and inability to purchase until checking out with only the cantina and no lightsaber. So who knows?

It's been 30+ minutes and I still don't have a confirmation email from LEGO to try to figure things out. They are really killing my initial happiness over being able to buy it on this one.

Their emails have been taking a long time to get out, but if you go to your account and see the order there you are good to go. Trust me, Lego pre-ordering is so much better than say Transformers or Star Wars things... THOSE suck compared to this.

Trust me, if I don't have a Yoda lightsaber in this order I'm going to be pissed. So I'm with you on worrying I didn't get one.

Edit: I didn't have the mario gift with purchase in my bag and yet got it in the box so I'm hopeful this is the same.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2020
    So crap... I was reading on another forum that the lightsabers sold out in like 20 minutes. So if you didn't see it in your bag on checkout and you wanted it you need to contact Lego and see if you are actually not going to get one. If you were ordering the kit for that like I was, then you probably will want to cancel your order and just wait for a double point day or some other promotion.

Edit: My wife reminded me that I got the mario gift with purchase was not with the NES kits but other mario kits we bought the same day. Sorry if I gave you hope with my forgetfulness.

Double Edit: So apparently if the order shows "in warehouse" you might not be able to cancel it. So you might be screwed.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    In much less exciting news, I ordered the Frankenstein's Monster Brickhead. Hopefully we'll get more Universal Monster stuff.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Lego has made a Ninjago tabletop roleplaying game.
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/kids/ninjago/choose-the-path#

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I feel a bit better. 3 more Mario blind bags, and I got 3 unique ones, bringing me up to having 6 of the 10.

I'm just missing Peepa, Buzzy Beetle, Spiny, and Fuzzy.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Dang. Missed being able to order a Cantina for my dad. I have to wait for it to come back in stock.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Dang. Missed being able to order a Cantina for my dad. I have to wait for it to come back in stock.

Get him one of the bajillion Luke's speeders to tide him over while he waits (since kinda goes with cantina)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508

If it wouldn't cost him an arm and a leg plus the cost of the set, I would offer to sell him mine that I'm probably going to get.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Boone from LEGO Masters has an IDEAS set up and I love it!

https://youtu.be/pPI9IF77Sfs

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Get him one of the bajillion Luke's speeders to tide him over while he waits (since kinda goes with cantina)

Hahaha its funny you think he doesn't already have ALL of those.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    After moving in November I'm just now getting to putting a bunch of lego sets back together that I had to dismantle/partially dismantle for the move. So far I've tackled some relatively basic stuff like an X-Wing and the Ship in a Bottle and y'all - putting partially dismantled sets back together is hard.

I'm trying to build up enough bravery to tackle the Ninjago City set but I imagine it's gonna be a nightmare.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular

Hahaha its funny you think he doesn't already have ALL of those.

Well when he isn't looking, moc all the speeders into a giant voltron-like robot. He'll never see that coming! Seriously though, good luck finding the set. I hope you track one down for him.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    I'm not too concerned. It'll come back in stock.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Partner bought more Lego after she got the Assembly Square for her birthday (last weekend). She already finished that set and she also bought the book store along with a few smaller sets. With her order also came the Monkie kid delivery bike as a free bonus. It is hilarious.

Again thanks to [LEGO]-thread for linking me to the right set to give, she is now rapidly expanding her Lego street.
    vo6bl8btzb4r.jpg

That is a cute freebie.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    4elofcvk25y1.jpg

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Apparently it is specifically designed to be able to hang on a wall. Like it is noted on the back of the box.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Apparently it is specifically designed to be able to hang on a wall. Like it is noted on the back of the box.

It's probably $50 more than I would want to spend, but being able to hang on the wall helps solve the "Where will I put it?" question and makes me want it. So I'm currently torn.

edited September 2020
    The Mos Eisley Cantina showed up, and that's good.

But no Yoda's lightsaber, so :x Pretty frustrating since I'd showed it to my son while I was making my initial attempt at the order and both went into my cart just fine...

Ketar on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That batwing has some massive cannons.

Keaton Batman was just a stone cold killer. :D

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Athenor wrote: »
    That batwing has some massive cannons.

Keaton Batman was just a stone cold killer. :D

Well, he could have been if he ever bothered to calibrate his targeting computer.
    Two rockets and a straight run with a gatling gun, and he still missed the dude wearing the bright purple jacket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4P_KAVxf_s

Sorry Batman, you don't get to trust The Force, you need to fix your targeting system.

Edit: You know, I never really noticed how tiny the Batwing looked. Looking at that thumbnail, assuming Batman is 6' tall, the plane itself can only be like 15 feet long.
    Sure, it's toyetic, just... so tiny. The thing looks like it's shorter than the Batmobile is in the movie.

see317 on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have the Batgirl batwing from a few years ago. When I bought it the cashier said it's a "girls" toy I said Lego is for ALL

Ketar wrote: »
    The Mos Eisley Cantina showed up, and that's good.

But no Yoda's lightsaber, so :x Pretty frustrating since I'd showed it to my son while I was making my initial attempt at the order and both went into my cart just fine...

Bummer. I haven't heard back from Lego but prepared to not getting the lightsaber or hearing back from them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have the Batgirl batwing from a few years ago. When I bought it the cashier said it's a "girls" toy I said Lego is for ALL

Much nicer than I would have been to the cashier, props on your restraint

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Girlfriend and I are building the first lego set either of us have done in like over a decade, got a deal on that Volkswagen Camper Bus kit, building it for my mom because she's always loved VWs. One of the coolest things I really like is that it comes with 2 separate instruction books, so both of us can work on separate sub-assemblies together. Just finished the engine, which was way more detailed than I expected!
    20200919_231147.jpg

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Mos Eisley arrived. I don’t even have room for this massive box.

I’m scared to open it yet too! Definitely need to plan out a permanent display area first.

No light saber either, kinda bummed. I’ll send another ticket about it but I haven’t even had a human response to the first one I put in when I ordered.

• LindLind Registered User regular
    My local Lego shop is now selling light kits from Lightailing. I couldn’t help myself and bought a kit for the UCS Falcon.

edited September 2020
    Lind wrote: »
    My local Lego shop is now selling light kits from Lightailing. I couldn’t help myself and bought a kit for the UCS Falcon.

Really? Dang, wish they would sell them online.

Edit: Do you mind if I asked how much they were selling it for?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • LindLind Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

648 Swedish Kronor (aprox 67-68 USD).
    It was not from THE Lego shop but one called Ebrix.se

Lind on

Ohhhh ok, I was excited since I heard that Lego was experimenting with selling light kits. Wow, even that price isn't bad compared to the sets I've seen online for the UCS Falcon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    My wife got me light kits for the Lunar Lander and Ninjago City for my birthday (with hints that more were coming for Christmas). This seems like a much more daunting project than assembling the set to start with (especially for the city), but I'm super excited.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Ohhhh ok, I was excited since I heard that Lego was experimenting with selling light kits. Wow, even that price isn't bad compared to the sets I've seen online for the UCS Falcon.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/official-lego-night-mode-lighting-kits-revealed-at-lego-world/

they are

This discussion has been closed.