As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

College Football 2021: America's Most Absurd Major Sport | Week 11 Results pg 99

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

I think the most surprising thing about this scoreline is how not surprised I am.

ASimPerson on
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    When K-State lost earlier I said I needed Kansas to lose tonight so I wouldn't be completely miserable tomorrow. It looks like I'm going to have a nice Sunday.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Well we won 59-3.

Fucking pick it up rest of the big 12

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    You should put that in spoilers. There are Michigan fans here.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Top 25- it speaks for itself

1 Clemson
    2 Alabama
    3 Oklahoma
    4 Georgia
    5 Florida
    6 LSU
    7 Notre Dame
    8 Auburn
    9 Texas
    10 Texas A&M
    11 Oklahoma State
    12 North Carolina
    13 Cincinnati
    14 UCF
    15 Tennessee
    16 Memphis
    17 Miami (Fla.)
    18 Louisville
    19 Louisiana
    20 Virginia Tech
    21 BYU
    22 Army
    23 Kentucky
    24 Appalachian State
    25 Pittsburgh

Others receiving votes: Baylor 146, West Virginia 81, Georgia Tech 69, TCU 49, Virginia 39, Arkansas State 33, SMU 32, Iowa State 14, Mississippi State 14, Boise State 6, South Florida 6, Ole Miss 5, Texas Tech 5, UAB 4, Missouri 3, Air Force 2, Florida State 2, Marshall 2, Houston 1

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Just read B1G may start playing mid october.

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    d29YohU.png

Our winner this week is @Magell ! Congratulations!

To everyone who is jumping in a week late: please don’t pass me too bad next week

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Kudos to Magell and Source on scooping us all with Arkansas State and Louisiana, respectively.

I need to stop falling for the ol' "Take ND on a large spread for two points" trick.

(spoiler: I'll probably still take that pick the next time anyways :razz: )

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Well looks like Big Ten football is happening at the end of October

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    B1G Football will return on October 23-24; no restructured schedule or B1G Championship info released yet

Member schools will start daily COVID screening and enhanced cardiac screening for football players on September 30th and have a Chief Infection Officer responsible for the collection and reporting of COVID data to the B1G. Eventually, all B1G sports will have the same screening protocol to follow before starting their games/matches this school year.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I'd like to say hard work and research netted that win, but I can't.

And I can't discount my hatred of Notre Dame so I never pick them.

It was not the first or the last time that being a Big12 homer landed me in last place.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Rumor is Joe Milton is the starter at Michigan. Huge dude, absolute cannon, when last we saw him had no idea where to go with the ball or where it was going when he made a choice. So this'll be fun.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    Rumor is Joe Milton is the starter at Michigan. Huge dude, absolute cannon, when last we saw him had no idea where to go with the ball or where it was going when he made a choice. So this'll be fun.

Sounds like Cardale

If you have a deep threat who can win every jump ball (in college), it can work out great

Cardale (and the whole OSU offense) sucked turds without Devin Smith though...

Sounds like Cardale

If you have a deep threat who can win every jump ball (in college), it can work out great

Sadly Nico Collins may have opted out.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

Sounds like Cardale

It’ll be fine, Michigan has had amazing skill players who have lived up to their potential for years now.

Such as uh

Uh

A name will come to me, for sure, eventually

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    I'm expecting PSU to get one, maybe two games in. State College is currently the #2 location in the country in terms of rising case rate.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Michigan won’t have any issues like that, because we’re smarter and better than everyone else*

*the grad students are on strike because the University’s COVID response has been bad, the undergrad students are reporting that the quarantine housing is unacceptable, and the faculty are preparing a vote of no confidence in the administration. Go Blue.

Pick’ems may go up a bit late since one of the games on the list just got postponed (Houston/Baylor).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    Hey Michigan's tackle who basically handled Chase Young as a RS freshman and is projected as a first round pick decided to opt back in. Hooray!

SE++ PICK'EMS WEEK FUCK OFF BIG TEN FOR CAVING TO BULLSHIT

Straight Up
    #23 Appalachian State (-4.5) @ Marshall -

Troy (-3.5) @ Middle Tennessee State - THE BATTLE FOR THE PALLADIUM! WHICH I AM TOLD IS AN ACTUAL RIVALRY!

Wake Forest @ North Carolina State (-1.5) -

Against the Spread
    #19 Louisiana (-15.5) @ Georgia State - FUN BELT! Also you knew this one was coming.

South Florida @ #7 Notre Dame (-25.5) - Awful lot of choices here!

#14 Central Florida (-7.5) @ Georgia Tech -

GAME OF THE CENTURY OF THE WEEK (STRAIGHT UP)
    #17 Miami @ #18 Louisville (-2.5) - We're fairly positive this game is happening!

Go here to enter your choices: https://forms.gle/VmkATH6PwinXDjjq8

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    I just got an email for Oregon season tickets, so I guess the PAC-12 is gonna get it on this stupidity.

For fuck's actual sake

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Supposedly they’re starting on Halloween. 8 games, ending before selection day. Like a Pac12 team is making the playoff regardless. Everyone wants a piece of that money.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Straight Up

#23 Appalachian State (-4.5) @ Marshall
    Troy (-3.5) @ Middle Tennessee State
    Wake Forest @ North Carolina State (-1.5)

Against the Spread

#19 Louisiana (-15.5) @ Georgia State
    South Florida @ #7 Notre Dame (-25.5) - (spread too big...must...resist...)
    #14 Central Florida (-7.5) @ Georgia Tech

GotCotW (Straight)

#17 Miami @ #18 Louisville (-2.5)

The georgia tech UCF game is wild as fuck

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I hate Notre Dame picks so much. I swear the team shaves points to specifically cause me problems in this pick em. That's why I have instituted the rule of picking the opposite of whatever makes the most logical sense to me at the time. Unless I goofed my picks it seems to have gotten me at least a point this week which is better than I have gotten from them in entire years of pick ems.

Fumble Touchdown

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot about FOOBAW today, damnit. Didn't even get my picks in.

Good to see that UCF and UM still won though, along with USF getting the crap beaten out of them.

sig.gif
    i would just like to point out that Texas has a player named MONEY in the two-deep at wide receiver and another game named SCHOOLER in the same position

gonna be a lot of jokes y'all

K-State's lead running back is Harry Trotter. That's the same name of a race horse from the Luck of the Fryish episode of Futurama. I think about that every game but I've never heard anyone mention it.

In the mid-90s Michigan's LBs were Irons, Gold, and Sword, and their best DE was Steele.

Oghulk wrote: »
    i would just like to point out that Texas has a player named MONEY in the two-deep at wide receiver and another game named SCHOOLER in the same position

gonna be a lot of jokes y'all

Eh, Lil’Jordan still beats them

Lil'Jordan is a great name but it doesn't set up well for TDs as well as Money and Schooler

edited September 2020
    Probably was mentioned during the pre-game shows and throughout the day on Saturday, but the B1G schedule was announced early in the morning.

JeDULvi.jpg

Some minor tweaks were made from the originally released schedule back in August but most of the rivalry games on the last weekend of the regular season remains intact.

ani_game_bum on
    So the pickems will get to a point where it’s just a couple of weeks of the B I G T E N F O O T B A L Lllll

clip, huh

edited September 2020
This discussion has been closed.