As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

these nine inch nails shirts are so bad they deserve their own fleeting thread

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I love to buy novelty t-shirts about living through culture-wide trauma

Especially when they profit a past-their-prime already-rich cishet white industrial musician

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Oh

Those are some shirts

Tallahasseeriel on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh good, our savior is here with new products.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    That bottom left one, if it didn't have the text, I'd wear to an Industrial night maybe

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I don't see the issue, this is quintessential NiN

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    pretty hate machine was my shit in middle school

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    In the animorphs books Cassie buys an NIN album and tells her parents it stands for Nice is Neat

It seems like it would be hard to do anything if you grew your nails that long

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Nice is neat.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    These shirts should be cooler than this.

Also, why now? Why not in like April when the new Ghosts albums dropped. They would be less bad if they were the same but they didn’t come out like 5 months too late.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I would venture to say that they would have been as bad in April as they are now, because they are bad.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I hate trent reznor for no particular reason

he seems like the kinda insufferable arthouse dude everybody knows and somehow can't escape from in public

Obligatory achewood arc

fypttn6jym81.gif

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    My shirt with the cast of 90210 is way better than these

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    On the upside, there are a bunch of heartbroken conservatives who have just learned that Trent Reznor, the man who made an entire album about how much he hates George W Bush, has different political views than they do.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    On the upside, there are a bunch of heartbroken conservatives who have just learned that Trent Reznor, the man who made an entire album about how much he hates George W Bush, has different political views than they do.

They definitely still share their views on women though.

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

A couple years ago, Ted Cruz tried to get on the guest list for a NIN show in Texas and was told to fuck off

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Was there touring NIN planned on doing this year that they’re hoping to offset that lack of income through topical merch?

I mean, the Quake 1 soundtrack just came out on vinyl, with names for the songs no less, so that’s cool.

I also wonder about that analog soundtrack they’re supposedly making for Fincher’s Netflix movie project.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Does this mean I have to stop wearing my You Are the Perfect Doug shirt that has a picture of Doug Funnie dressed as Trent Reznor on it?

I don't know any nine inch nails tracks anyway

ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Does this mean I have to stop wearing my You Are the Perfect Doug shirt that has a picture of Doug Funnie dressed as Trent Reznor on it?

You should never stop wearing that shirt.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

whaaaaaaaaat!?

Head Like A Hole, Perfect Drug, and Closer were massive radio hits

also I'm Afraid of Americans with David Bowie

Xaquin wrote: »

whaaaaaaaaat!?

I didn't get my license until relatively recently and my mom only listened to the classic rock station and I had no friends so most radio hits from this era elude me

this better be a thing that really exists, chico

or else

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular

whaaaaaaaaat!?

I didn't get my license until relatively recently and my mom only listened to the classic rock station and I had no friends so most radio hits from this era elude me

fair enough!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Theres lots of bands I'm sure I heard at some point but if you asked me to put a name to their songs I wouldn't know a single one

NiN is definitely on that list

X22wmuF.jpg
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Today is the 21st anniversary of the release of The Fragile. I imagine that has something to do with it.

I dig the Broken one.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

whaaaaaaaaat!?

Good news, these songs are "classic rock" now!

Well... news, anyway

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Was there touring NIN planned on doing this year that they’re hoping to offset that lack of income through topical merch?

I mean, the Quake 1 soundtrack just came out on vinyl, with names for the songs no less, so that’s cool.

I also wonder about that analog soundtrack they’re supposedly making for Fincher’s Netflix movie project.

That's actually it. Back in like June they announced there was a Sept-Nov tour all booked and sold the tour merch from it they had already printed.

I bet this is part of that.

I saw them last year and The Perfect Drug live was probably one of the best songs I've ever seen live by anyone.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    My favourite thing NIN ever did was that ARG game for Year Zero.

But they just paid some marketing firm to come up with it and execute it so it's not really anything they did anyway.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Make the shirt, coward.

liEt3nH.png
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The Fragile is one of my all time favourite albums. But those are some bad shits for sure.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    They're not... the worst?

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    It's funny, some of the best band shirts I've ever seen were also NIN shirts, because their main set of logos/icons usually lends itself to the rare kind of graphic tees I'd actually buy

I guess when you have like thirty years of throwing stuff at the wall, and you're also an increasingly old and inevitably out of touch Gen Xer, something is just gonna inevitably fail to stick, and this is it in such a hilarious way

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    My favourite Trent Reznor thing is when he saw how much NIN albums sold for in stores on an Aus/NZ tour and asked his label why they were so expensive and was told "because that's what your fans will pay" so he stood up in concert and told all his fans to steal his latest record rather than pay for it.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Huh, that'd explain why so many of his albums released since have been free as well then

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    In the animorphs books Cassie buys an NIN album and tells her parents it stands for Nice is Neat

Do you have to pay for product placement in books?

• Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular
    The Fragile is one of my all time favourite albums. But those are some bad shits for sure.

yyyyeah

i probably won't ever not love nine inch nails, but you couldn't make rich white dude takes under laboratory conditions that would be purer than those fuckin' shirts

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I still can't forgive Trent Reznor for his buyout of the Tendo corporation