As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So it's not high on my list as I thought GW was going to put out the start collecting for the Realm Lords this week {my brother and I bet they will be a xmas deal if they do them this year} But I am curious what the difference between the preview release book and this book are other than the artifacts

The Realmlords battletome from the collectors box and the standard one releasing next week are identical in terms of content and page count, the one in the box is a 'collector's edition' with a fancy cover and the like, as far as I am aware there are no other differences.

Because it's in my brother's room I only flipped though it for the artifacts/wargear and could not find it

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Unfortunately I don't have a copy to give you a page number, but I am 100 percent certain the collector's edition of the book has the artefacts in there.

Edit: Just checked through a YouTube review of the book, should be pages 66 and 67 for the artefacts, though they do share page space with the command traits.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    You were right it was subtle in the book
    The dice are $35! You can get the horus heresy dice for $4 less! Still like I said my brother is curious if they are going to do xmas deals this year if so the Realm Lords will probably be one of them

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Today's lumineth article about allies feels a bit like a joke. What are their best allies? Well, you don't really have much choice, tada! Surprise sons of behemat preview

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Lumineth in general seem rather expensive compared to other kits. I was talking to a friend who works for GW and he says they aren't exactly flying off the shelf.

Teclis in particular seems rather expensive.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I am shocked that no one wants to play the Cow Elves

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'm actually seeing quite a lot of Lumineth WIP pics in the AoS twittersphere, there are people who seem very much into the bovine aesthetic it seems.
    That said they do seem very pricey to me, Teclis and the Dawnriders in particular, but even the basic troops are looking at witch aelf numbers, I'd guess we're maybe going to see a repeat of the Fyreslayer situation where it's an army with a niche look and a high cost leading to generally low pick-up? Though anecdotally I'd say I've seen more people interested in this range than I have Fyreslayers.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Don't fyreslayers also have like 3 different unit (outside of leaders) total? It seems an extremely limited army range.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    You are quite correct, yes, it is a very limited range, and one without a lot of variance between models really, so the Lumineth are a little better on that front (though even then they only have the 3 infantry types, 1 cavalry, the unnamed spirit of the mountain and everything else is heroes.)

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Don't fyreslayers also have like 3 different unit (outside of leaders) total? It seems ab extremely limited army range.

To be fair, most Order factions really don't have that many kits. Stormcast, of course, have a bunch. Then Seraphon. Cities of Sigmar gets a asterisks from me since that whole range is basically just all the left overs from three different WHFB factions. Otherwise it'd be right behind Stormcast for number of kits.

Outside of Order the factions for Chaos, Death and Destruction almost all have nearly twice as many kits as any Order factions (outside of Stormcast, Seraphon and Cities). Exceptions are Hedonites of Slaanesh and FEC both at 17, which is about par for most Order factions.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I was pretty excited when they announced new pointy hat elves and them pretty disappointed when none of them had actually pointy hats. As the AoS equivalent to the high elves most of the designs just kinda suck in comparison to the last batches of units the high elves got.

Everything sea guard, the Martin Footitt character models, dragon princes, white lions, and others where some of the best fantasy models I can think of.
    The lumineth often get close to something pretty good, but some design elements on th drag them down so much, in my opinion, that they just can't compare. And so expensive. But that seems to be a trend. Warhammer was always pricey but over the last one or two years many of the new releases have really ratchet up the prices plus the several prices increases across the whole gw range.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Edit: Woops! wrong warhammer thread!

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Don't fyreslayers also have like 3 different unit (outside of leaders) total? It seems ab extremely limited army range.

To be fair, most Order factions really don't have that many kits. Stormcast, of course, have a bunch. Then Seraphon. Cities of Sigmar gets a asterisks from me since that whole range is basically just all the left overs from three different WHFB factions. Otherwise it'd be right behind Stormcast for number of kits.

Outside of Order the factions for Chaos, Death and Destruction almost all have nearly twice as many kits as any Order factions (outside of Stormcast, Seraphon and Cities). Exceptions are Hedonites of Slaanesh and FEC both at 17, which is about par for most Order factions.

Aren't the two Orruk factions actually fairly low on kits?

Ironjawz in particular but bonesplitters aren't a lot either if I recall.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Lumineth in general seem rather expensive compared to other kits. I was talking to a friend who works for GW and he says they aren't exactly flying off the shelf.

Teclis in particular seems rather expensive.

Its not a great looking model and is like 50 bucks pricier than it should be

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Really my brother is interested in playing the realm lords just recent real life things prevented me from getting the archers and mage. {he is using his old high elf archers and a mage from then as stand ins} The hammer elves are not high on his list
    We both are kind of curious they did not bring out a start collecting box for them. Still I am curious if they will do a Xmas deals this holiday season

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Without having played a game of AoS, but going on what I hear people talk about, I'm kinda sad that there doesn't seem to be a good reason to mix factions in a Grand Alliance.

I know it has the potential to be as bad as soup from 40k, but I feel like there should be a way to balance perks and restrictions.

I'm not exactly deep into the new lore, but an army of Fyreslayers, Dispossessed and Khadaron with one as the main army could be fun.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    I personally found the Lumineth really uninspiring and I should be the target audience for them as a long term High Elf fan. Tyrion and Teclis were my favourite warhammer characters, loved the high elves, loved the dark elves, jsut loved elves and spears and bows and robes and pointy helmets aaaaaand
    The Lumineth did nothing for me. The Giant Mountain Cows are kinda cool though?

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I like the Lumineth, especially the animated/possessed armor golem thing.

Unfortunately they didnt come out until I had already started collecting Slaves to Darkness, so it will be a long while before I have time to start collecting a second army, and they will also need to release cards for them, for Warcry.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I like the Lumineth, especially the animated/possessed armor golem thing.

Unfortunately they didnt come out until I had already started collecting Slaves to Darkness, so it will be a long while before I have time to start collecting a second army, and they will also need to release cards for them, for Warcry.

Lumineth Warcry cards were in White Dwarf a few months back iirc
    Lumineth don't do much for me at all. It's all the design elements i disliked about High Elves (too busy, helmets too big, lots of tassels on everything).

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    They should have gone harder on the mountain theme

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »
    Without having played a game of AoS, but going on what I hear people talk about, I'm kinda sad that there doesn't seem to be a good reason to mix factions in a Grand Alliance.

GA lists were a lot more common back in earlier years of the game, now that every faction has their own rules it's more of a narrative option than something you'd expect to see at a tournament.

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

I'm always suprised at how small the AoS releases are compared to the 40K ones - with something like High Elves, I'd have expected something the size of the Necron release, with all the elemental aspects having at least one unit if not a character.

• Options
    I think the only Lumineth model I (almost) unconditionally like is Eltharion, and even that model gets dragged down by that GW studio paint scheme

• Options

I feel the army book is half there. As the Mountain theme felt tacked on as half of the territories are Tyrion's so that is why I felt it was half there
    I agree with Tastyfish in that they mention the water and air mages in the army book but no units or such in warhammer underworlds the realm lords in there will have a rumored water mage

But I am still very curious about the Broken Realms coming up as the small mage Melusai in the shadow n sin box as the DoK are getting more units but with the other books will the realm lords get more fleshed out?
    I still feel they are going to show off Malerion's army in Warcry first

• Options
    honovere wrote: »
    I think the only Lumineth model I (almost) unconditionally like is Eltharion, and even that model gets dragged down by that GW studio paint scheme

How? the warhammer tv one or?

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

Dwarves, the other mountain elf!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

Dwarves, the other mountain elf!

Theyre not using them anymore its fine

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Tastyfish wrote: »

I'm always suprised at how small the AoS releases are compared to the 40K ones - with something like High Elves, I'd have expected something the size of the Necron release, with all the elemental aspects having at least one unit if not a character.

AoS, while doing rather well and growing, is still a drop in the bucket compared to the ocean that is 40k.

That said, 40k factions (apart from Space Marines) don't usually get much in the way of releases. Couple things here and there like the release of Sergeant ‘Ripper’ Jackson for the Guard. Necrons are in 40k's big fancy new edition box so they get a big fancy release, but we're unlikely to see THAT much for any other faction (if even anything) during this Edition.

AoS on the other hand seems to introduce a couple brand new factions every year. At least it feels that way to me, I don't have any hard data on that.

And yeah I do think that is pretty cool, but I also wouldn't be against GW putting a hold on new AoS factions and instead flesh out the existing ones a bit more.

Axen on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    HeroQuest is coming back. No GW involvement this time, however, but it looks identical gameplay-wise.

There are no words to describe how happy this makes me.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    HeroQuest is coming back. No GW involvement this time, however, but it looks identical gameplay-wise.

Looks good. I still have the original, but I'm mighty tempted to get this one, too (assuming I can get it here in the Old World).

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options

Looks good. I still have the original, but I'm mighty tempted to get this one, too (assuming I can get it here in the Old World).

Reading the shipping rules, it’s exclusive to the USA, and Canada (excluding Quebec)

Super tempting for myself, will probably get the Mythic for the base game and both expansions

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I went in on mythic in spite of owning 2 complete copies of the base game and the same 2 expansions.

It'll be nice to not fret for their safety constantly whenever I get the chance to play.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

Reading the shipping rules, it’s exclusive to the USA, and Canada (excluding Quebec)

Super tempting for myself, will probably get the Mythic for the base game and both expansions

Figures. The question is, will it make its way across the pond at some point?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Ugh, looks like the cost of shipping to Canada is over $120 compared to shipping within the US being $30.

Will have to put off ordering until I can arrange a US delivery address.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Looks like it's going to be funded in less than 24h. Has anyone ever dealt with Hasbro Pulse before? I would assume a tighter timetable and greater reliability than most Kickstarters because, you know, Hasbro.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Well yes, it isn’t a real Kickstarter type setup at all, it’s an advertising campaign disguised as one. I’m sure production is all planned out well in advance.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Well yes, it isn’t a real Kickstarter type setup at all, it’s an advertising campaign disguised as one. I’m sure production is all planned out well in advance.

Less an advertising campaign and more a test run of made to order, similar to Indomitus or the Bandai articulated marines

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Less an advertising campaign and more a test run of made to order, similar to Indomitus or the Bandai articulated marines

Yeah, I think someone at Hasbro was like, "Are we sure a board game in which more than one person sits in close proximity with other people is really a smart move right now?"

So they Kickstarter and the answer is "Yes" apparently.

• Options
    I wonder if they're considering an app to act as GM and perhaps allow for quest creation. That would be a very good idea.

Those already exist for old HeroQuest, but current versions would be nice.

• Options
    Well I know I would like to get the game but I wonder if they will sell the tiers after sending out those who backed it

This discussion has been closed.