As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    yQb6xio.jpg

I gave an earth team a couple of tries, but it was obnoxious with just one character who could break the damage limit. I'm pretty sure I could've done it, but it would've needed decent RNG, and Bartz was being an asshole tonight, so I just leveled the HC up to 80 and did a full hybrid team, which let me use Bartz's wind G+ to amp him a bit better too.

FF4 has Edge, Rydia, DCecil, and Edward AASBs, and Rosa USB2. Shouldn't be an issue with a level 80 HC.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, got ff7 down to 38.2%

Good enough for now. I probably have a team that could beat this, but....eeeh

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    V - Faris AASB1 (dupe)

Got off my butt and sub-30'd the XI and XII Torments, finally. Just XIV left to go later today, then I'll grab motes with rubies.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hit 2000 days today and got a ticket. Burning it right away.

Sabin BSB dupe.
    Queen AASB.

Wow. This fixes multiple progression problems I've been having right now (P. Leviathan, Greg: T0). I won't go so far as to say the system works, but it randomly worked in my favor this particular time, so I'll go with "it's about damn time."

Gacha remains evil, but I'm going to savor this for the moment.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Get Rid Of Slimy dreambreakerS

DQCFWzCl.png

Took me a LOT of tries, and complete rebuilds of the team, to get there. Bought a bunch of stuff in the lens shop, and spent a truckload of 6* motes. Worth it? IDK

It is indeed moderately old tech, though.

Cloud Glint+, USB1, AASB, LMR (sword damage; man I wish I had w-wind, that would make this a breeze)
    Aeris USB2
    Yuffie USB (chase), AASB
    Tyro AASB, OSB, Glint (esuna), LMR (IC2)
    Zack Chain, USB (imperil), Glint+ (imperil), Glint+ (aura). Aura glint was whatever, might be able to cut the other glint as well
    RW Chain
    Historia Crystal 99

I don't think I like that I can get Cloud up to 5x99,999x2 damage and not have the bad guys fall over. :(

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Would cloud sync work too or is AASB important?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Would cloud sync work too or is AASB important?

The sync should be fine; probably better, even? The important part of the AASB is just that it lets you swing twice per turn, which the sync also does. But the sync also has that massive wind boost every turn attached to the command.

Sync also makes the Glint moot

Fry on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Additionally, the Sync would mean you don't need to use his Glint, since it gives him 3 stacks of Enwind to begin with.

Enlong on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Woo, Type-0 Greg down with the Queen carry on a Lightning team.

Just Core left, which, eh.

Oh, also, Maintenance tonight to tomorrow morning.

Use your rubies on motes or lose 'em!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Hopefully

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Are you buying all the job motes and then 5* motes? which 5 * motes do we need the most?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Are you buying all the job motes and then 5* motes? which 5 * motes do we need the most?

Vitality, as per usual.

Dex is pretty close, though.

Bravery you can completely ignore, you may already have more than you need.

Like, this is a bit out of date with my counts, but I needed ~1000-ish of SPI and WIS, ~1600 of DEX, ~2000 of VIT, and already had 500 more BRA than I could do anything with.

Tellah enEarth LMR.

Eh. Something to go with his suicide usb, I guess?

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Yowch. Dupe Kain CSB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Rydia USB1 dupe

Fantastic.

ztrEPtD.gif
    edited September 2020
    IV - Porom G. You'd think instant Pro/Shell/Haste would be really useful, but as it turns out it's not that great when you need 1 bar to use it. So close to her G+! :x

XIV Torment down in 21.49s, which makes all Torments sub-30'd (finally). Alphinaud was capping Meltdown without any buffs whatsoever (not even the RW chain). Y'shtola died to back-to-back Incubus Tank Purges somewhere around the 30% mark, and Yda and Minfilia (who was refreshing the chain) fell right after since Sap killed Last Stand...but Alphinaud with his Sync was still doing 15k a hit, chainless. He pretty much singlehandedly blew through the last 30% of Ultima Weapon's HP.

Darklyre on
    I updated my XIV torment auto team recently. I, uh, skipped all of the tank purges :0

Power creep, it's a hell of a drug

Wait mode's out in Japan now, as a toggle-able, but when it's on, tick speed is set to .125 seconds. Because of the tick calculation stuff, that means that all status effects and things like chains that are supposed to last for 15 seconds only last for 14. You can turn it on and off like any other speed option though.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Screw it, I've got enough rubies.

All core classes maxed on job motes! Except Knight, because I'm still short on those.

Got FF3 Dreambreaker past 90% to get the mythril and 60 more rubies. That thing WRECKED me.

Apparently Prismatic Omega is coming back tonight, with a new difficulty added (550), which is bulkier.

This was a busy update.

Original 6* abilities buffed.
    Missions overhauled.
    Some balance changes.
    Cardia and Magicite changes.

I think they just changed it so you can't radiant shield 6 * magicite. Have to complete in less than 2 minutes to get the magicite.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Hm.

The changes to Crushdown and Demonsblood may be considered options for Cloud and Sephiroth.

Crushdown is now a Dark-element 6-star Combat ability, meaning Cloud’s legend dive will actually let him dualcast it. That would make it a decent option for Cloud to use while building meter for Dark-element soul breaks. However, using this and Braver together really only works for his USB1 and/or Sync. His Awakening wants a Heavy Physical ability Somewhere.

Meanwhile, Demonsblood is a Dark Samurai ability. So if one has Sephiroth’s Dualcast Samurai LM and not his dualcast dark LM, you can still get some dualcasts with this.

What I want to know is; who is the Northern Cross buff for? I get the ice element; that’s a fun buff for the 2 Ice Celerity users to go with Icebound. But what’s with the magic option? Who in this game is using Ice magic and can also use Celerity skills? Is this a tech choice for Onion? Just in case FFIII didn’t have enough elemental diversity?

edited September 2020
    I guess if Fran is your ice magic chain? IDK, I'm reaching

Or if you're really hurting for ice magic DPS on a magicite team, and have good SBs for someone like Umaro, Kiros, Eight?

Fry on
    edited September 2020
    Having to manually collect rewards from 100 different books is a PITA.

E: R5 Omega Drive. Congratulations on being Lifesiphon #1 forever.

silence1186 on
    Oh jeez, my inbox had something like 1800 EX lens (seven new hero abilities), and roughly 2500 of each type of 6* mote. That is...a lot.

edited September 2020
    It’s amazing that it took this long for a 6-star Combat ability to be useful again. All the other original ability types got good stuff long ago.

So, who here is gonna make and hone Ultima now? Got any elements where you need another 6-star Spell? Used to be Earth, for me, but then I got Rydia’s Awakening. I might make it for Fire, just so that Krile doesn’t need to limit her number of actions per battle by using only summons. Then again, I could just give her Lunar Ifrit and Chain Firaga for when he runs out. Hm.

Edit:

Maybe for Dark or Holy?

Enlong on
    I'm gonna miss you Lifesiphon but hoo boy I love Omega's animation so it's awesome I finally get to use it again.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Fry wrote: »
    I guess if Fran is your ice magic chain? IDK, I'm reaching

Or if you're really hurting for ice magic DPS on a magicite team, and have good SBs for someone like Umaro, Kiros, Eight?

I feel like if you’re hurting for ice mages, you’re probably better off just spending some lenses on Rinoa, Edea, Serah, or Ysayle. They all have some very useful soul breaks on the lens shop for Ice. Edea even can get a Glint and a party speed-buff USB. And for Valefore in particular, Ysayle and Rinoa can Summon.

Help, my extensive collection of 5* and 6* magicite is already completely maxed out on inheritance, my vault is full, and I'm still like 100 over my inventory limit

Guess I'm selling a bunch off for Gil? Blech

I know! it hurt selling all these 3* lv 99 magicites...man I think I should use this ticket on FF1 and see if I can get some AASB other than Garland's lol.

Make sure first to inherit some skills from those free Magicite to some of those other free Magicite before you vault or destroy them. There’s more missions for Magicite inheritance to do now.

I just shoved the magicite into the vault. I'll eventually use them for inheritance, probably.

Enlong wrote: »
    Make sure first to inherit some skills from those free Magicite to some of those other free Magicite before you vault or destroy them. There’s more missions for Magicite inheritance to do now.

Collect your Beyond book rewards and the Inheritance book will complete as well. No idea why that's the case.

Some good advice from Reddit - now that most people have the motes to max everyone's jobs, leave a handful at level 1 (usually cores + an unused Machinist). If you ever want to dupe a 6* ability in the future, this will let you do it. If you go and max everything now and shatter the dupes you're SOL later on.

I would be really surprised if a year from now content requires 3 northern crosses or penalty snipes

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀