As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bad news "ANIME JANAI *robot voice anime janai*" is the only part that's stuck in my brain, looping forever

BahamutZERO.gif
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I don't like the robot voice intro of Anime Ja Nai but past that I think it's a solid pop song

definitely a case of I don't think it's good, but I do like it for me.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    So I bought a Bandai TIE Interceptor years ago and built it. I love it because it's my favorite fighter from Star Wars. I was cleaning out my closet and found two more models I bought a few years ago and forgot about. I built the F/O Special Forces TIE and it's now perched on top of my desktop. Think I'll do the other one later this week.

oh h*ck
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Regarding Endless Waltz, both Glory of the Losers and Frozen Teardrop use it as their titles.

At this point the the line is basically Gundam Wing Endless Waltz for anything that isn't the TV version

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    Turkson wrote: »
    So I bought a Bandai TIE Interceptor years ago and built it. I love it because it's my favorite fighter from Star Wars. I was cleaning out my closet and found two more models I bought a few years ago and forgot about. I built the F/O Special Forces TIE and it's now perched on top of my desktop. Think I'll do the other one later this week.

Anime ja Nai!!!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Today's plastic waifu:
    XMmbmn6.jpg

These seam lines are kind of obnoxious. Even trying to lever them together with my cheap flush cutter's handles hasn't done the jorb.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    If you are okay making them permanent, try using a very very small amount of ultra thin plastic cement, then smoothing them out? I've seen people do it (in fact I think I uploaded a video of a friend doing it to this or the previous thread), but I've never done it myself.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

I wanted to get the Advanced, but it seems to be sold out.

wVEsyIc.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    A friend gave me a TIE Interceptor as a gift and I would like to make it but it comes with both wet transfers and stickers and I don't know if I want to use it to practice transfers or get better with transfers first.

• TobagganTobaggan Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I wanted to get the Advanced, but it seems to be sold out.

Weirdly enough, the TIE Advanced Bandai kit has been appearing in some Target stores along with the Boba Fett kit and a small selection of Gunpla.

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    vj9pqxc9b0mw.jpg

Here it is with the interceptor and omg I need to dust

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I really appreciate that! I've always wondered about the scale of those models.

The contest my friend entered and then pulled out of? It's still going on. And just today the organizer realized it would end up being a popularity contest, not a proper judge of quality or technical skill or the like.

I'm like.. man, I could've told you that... facebook contests are the worst!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I am undergoing a dangerous see-saw with my mechanical dolly dress-up.

"Materia is a bit plain on her own and these upgrade parts aren't made for her, I'mma get some different ones."

"Well now I've got too many parts for one girl. C'mon home, Architect!"

"Oh boy, there's some gorgeous magic knight-style custom parts coming out soon!"

"Hmm, I'm running out of spots to attach armor. I wonder if there's an Innocentia in my near future?"

Such is the spiral of plastic crack.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I finished the Barbatos torso.

6b0eq6j03nqq.jpg

vsi703g3xdgo.jpg

This suit has a lot of exposed energy cables and I thought it would be cool painting those red and make them look like blood veins, really play up the whole evil vibe this suit has.

steam_sig.png
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Just starting up the HGUC Banshee Norn destroy mode from Unicorn.
    This one is definitely a step up the complexity scale from the fairly easy ones I've been doing so far. Just a lot more pieces and all fairly small.
    10 Steps done, 41 to go.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    hoo boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWZvMopRKX0

bonus: some pics of the innerframe
    IMG_20200922_043936.jpg
    IMG_20200922_045740.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Apparently the MGEX is entirely compatible with most of the add on nonsense, so if ya got the Full Armor Unicorn Ver Ka already, you can equip all that stuff without modifying the kit at all (possibly have to omit a piece of the inner frame tho)

I believe the only thing that's not compatible is the OVA Banshee's stuff, the railgun and claws. Those wrist armor bits do not fit on the new guy.

Oh brilliant

This project was kind of a nightmare, so I'm kinda just glad its finished.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I like the color choice. It's very different.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Oh, that extra special RG Zeong?

It does not come with RG Grandpa.

The initial reports seemed to say it did, but the images say “sold separately”.

RG Grandpa?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    RG Grandpa?

the original RX-78 or "grandpa" Gundam
    there were reports they would be selling a set of the RG Zeong and Gundam

ahhh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    It comes with a bunch of special effect parts and an A Baoa Qu corridor diorama to recreate the Gundam final shooting scene. But you got to provide your own RX-78-2.

steam_sig.png
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    It comes with a bunch of special effect parts and an A Baoa Qu corridor diorama to recreate the Gundam final shooting scene. But you got to provide your own RX-78-2.

That's what I thought since it was called the special effects edition or something like that. But people wanted to claim it came with the RX-78-2 and I didn't want to internet argue with them, so I just let it go.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Got an email from FedEx that my P-Bandai stuff from the convention has shipped and will arrive on Thursday.

My backlog is about to, like, double.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Menawhile my kehaar is still in limbo :(

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    My P-Bandais are showing as preparing to ship

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Yeah been like that all month. Was supposedly gonna ship starting today

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    My RX-78-4 also hasn't updated after the getting ready to ship email I got back on the 5th or so.

X22wmuF.jpg
    "Indirect email required?" Oh man if I miss somethin---

Oh, wait, I work from home these days. Should be fine.. *cough*

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Got an email from FedEx that my P-Bandai stuff from the convention has shipped and will arrive on Thursday.

My backlog is about to, like, double.

(Nervously eyeing the closet of unbuilt gunpla, my 4 expo acquisitions will barely make a dent in this pile) haha, same, same.

I did start my RG Force Impulse tho! This thing is cool, I really like the colors. Some jank sticker placement tho.

Oh brilliant
    The Impulse is held back by having the lamest transformation gimmick ever. It's like if a 4 year old saw the ZZ transformation and came up with their own.

Upper half - falls over and hugs itself. It can fly!
    Core Fighter - Ok, it's a jet.
    Legs - falls over. It can fly!
    Backpack - The only part that has wings, but has to be carried in by another type of jet. WTF!?!

edited September 2020
    the strike is the only decent gundam design in the entire seed (main) series and I will die on this hill

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Once again watch as someone takes uncommon off the shelf models and makes them top shelf
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAs5QtwilRk

edited September 2020
    Heffling wrote: »
    The Impulse is held back by having the lamest transformation gimmick ever. It's like if a 4 year old saw the ZZ transformation and came up with their own.

Upper half - falls over and hugs itself. It can fly!
    Core Fighter - Ok, it's a jet.
    Legs - falls over. It can fly!
    Backpack - The only part that has wings, but has to be carried in by another type of jet. WTF!?!

Checking it on the wiki, it’s like answering how Katoki evolved the original gundam’s gimmick of splitting into the top, core and bottom by turning them into a weird fighter system with “WELL WHAT IF IT JUST FLEW ON ITS OWN?”

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    the strike is the only decent gundam design in the entire seed (main) series and I will die on this hill

You don't like the Astray?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »

You don't like the Astray?

The Astray isn't part of the main Seed series

IKknkhU.gif
    Actually, it is. Orb developed the Astray as their equivalent of the Strike. The ones that were stolen and became the Red Frame, Blue Frame, Gold / Amatsu Mina / Etc Frame. Green Frame, and Mirage were the prototypes. Mass Production Astrays were used as the grunt mobile suits by orb in the main Seed Anime and again in Seed Destiny.

This discussion has been closed.