As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [GIF] thread is mourning Stephen Wilhite by arguing about pronunciation (nsf56k)

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    klemming wrote: »

I wonder how many ribs he broke?

Like, ALL of them? Or more than that?

Luckily the pommel horse has a large cross section, so the force would be fairly distributed. Had to at least bruise or crack a few though. I'd say the most likely break would be his sternum.

He bruised the shit out of his chest, apparently
    SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Brian Meeker, the National Sports Festival's all-around gymnastics champion, was hospitalized overnight with minor injuries after slamming chest-first into the long horse on a vaulting attempt Tuesday.

After taking X-rays and an electrocardiogram of Meeker, 21, of Edina, Minn., doctors at Crouse-Irving Memorial Hospital said the youth had suffered only minor swelling of the chest and neck.

Meeker was attempting his second vault in the individual events competition when he slammed his chest into the edge of the padded horse the gymnasts vault over. He was among the leaders in the vault, parallel bars and horizontal bar when he was forced out of the competition.

'He's fine, he's just got a little bit of swelling,' said West squad gymnastics coach Rusty Mitchell. 'There was no severe damage and he will be back in full swing in a few weeks.'

haha, 39 years later he seems to have a good humor about it

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    cursedking wrote: »

Luckily the pommel horse has a large cross section, so the force would be fairly distributed. Had to at least bruise or crack a few though. I'd say the most likely break would be his sternum.

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- Brian Meeker, the National Sports Festival's all-around gymnastics champion, was hospitalized overnight with minor injuries after slamming chest-first into the long horse on a vaulting attempt Tuesday.

After taking X-rays and an electrocardiogram of Meeker, 21, of Edina, Minn., doctors at Crouse-Irving Memorial Hospital said the youth had suffered only minor swelling of the chest and neck.

Meeker was attempting his second vault in the individual events competition when he slammed his chest into the edge of the padded horse the gymnasts vault over. He was among the leaders in the vault, parallel bars and horizontal bar when he was forced out of the competition.

'He's fine, he's just got a little bit of swelling,' said West squad gymnastics coach Rusty Mitchell. 'There was no severe damage and he will be back in full swing in a few weeks.'

The human body is an amazingly resilient machine.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    it's worth it to click through that tweet to the actual video for the crowd OHHHHHHHH

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    This is a SFW board, Luv.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    thiccaroni and cheese

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    2m3qs3.gif

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The human body is an amazingly resilient machine.

Until it's not.

BLM - ACAB
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Herding dog v. water dog.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

haha, 39 years later he seems to have a good humor about it

Apparently he made the Olympic team with his next tries, so yeah.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    People try to tell you that trees grow in the ground, they're lying:

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Bullshit. That's clearly CGI.

GDdCWMm.jpg

"Okay, what was Step 2?"

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    "Okay, what was Step 2?"
    STEP THREE IS PROFIT!

"Look, you can just go around the tree- oh, never mind."

Hell yeah, get that tree. That tree knows what it did.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    The migration of the majestic Montana Tumbleweed:

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Whoever was filming those tumbleweed was the same cameraman on the Jason Bourne films.

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Whoever was filming those tumbleweed was the same cameraman on the Jason Bourne films.

They're about to be devoured by a swarm of wild North American tumbleweed, show a little respect.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83ozOX9l7M8

RUNNIN' IN THE 90s

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »

in wind like that it's hard not to! wyoming gets like hurricane force winds sometimes during storms, especially blizzards, it's no joke!

Well, yeah. There's nothing funny in or about Wyoming.
    Please note that as a native New Mexican I still have my Alliance Of Small Square Dry States card, so I'm allowed to make this joke.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Please note that as a native New Mexican I still have my Alliance Of Small Square Dry States card, so I'm allowed to make this joke.

my favorite square state joke is "why is there so much wind in wyoming? because utah sucks and nebraska blows."

my favorite square state joke is "why is there so much wind in wyoming? because utah sucks and nebraska blows."

jackson hole was cool, then it got gentrified to shit

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

It's all fun and games until they run out of tumble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxqBx_XhdF4

5gsowHm.png
    Quiet, you fools! Tumbleweeds are our good peaceful neighbors, and I won't have a word spoken against them.

In case they hear you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCX_L9RbGao

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Grafting 101.

It's plastic wrap, not tape. Has to be the same kind of fruit (citrus to citrus and such) else it won't take.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Typhoid MannyTyphoid Manny Registered User regular

we might as well surrender right now, no one can withstand this power

from each according to his ability, to each according to his need
    hitting hot metal with hammers
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    awwwwwwww!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

PiptheFair wrote: »

jackson hole was cool, then it got gentrified to shit

jackson is both the wealthiest county in wyoming, and one of worst counties in the country for wealth inequality! weird huh?

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    how do you not die doing that I wonder

I've been pretty scraped up from 8' waves =p

• notyanotya Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Yeah, I don't really get it either. Wave still has plenty of churning energy after it crashes behind you.

Xaquin wrote: »

Sometimes you do. Big waves like that can keep you under for like two minutes, and if it's a rocky bottom you might get conked on the head.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    of all the many stupid things I've done, probably the closest I've actually been to death was taking a near-neck-breaking header from a large wave.
    I really should not have walked away from that.

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I see your rain shake.

And I raise you rain attack doggie!

I think that's the second time I've seen a Rottie without a docked tail.

aTBDrQE.jpg