As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bucks Win Championship Without Head Coach [NBA]

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Paul Milsap gotta stick to dunking on 10 foot rims from now on I think.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Setting Smart aside

This is a fucking amazing lineup

Wait, is Hayward or Tatum the tallest person in this lineup???

Nvm ::gulp::

Feel like Lebron/AD/me-or-whoever-the-fuck-else could hang with this lineup fairly easy- it would be 100% FG for both sides (the Cs would abuse the shitty LAL defender but who would stop Lebron or AD)

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Dwight Howard is going to start a fight before this series is over, isn't he?

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    When you're built like Howard I can't imagine many people would call your bluff on fighting.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Dwight Howard is going to start a fight before this series is over, isn't he?

Credit to the Nuggets for trying to fight back but I don’t think anyone left in the bubble realistically wants that smoke.

Maybe Marcus Smart but that’s about it.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goddamn

• Options
    The Lakers are not the Clippers.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    AD just sunk the Nuggets.

• Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    The Lakers are not the Clippers.

Clippers were up 3-1. I wouldn't bury the nuggets until their dead if I were you.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

It was actually a really funny and entertaining exchange that comes from LeBron nicknaming him 'GOAT' back in April. It's a joke because he's obviously not an all-time talent but he is very confident and oddly competent at almost everything so adds something to every lineup he's inserted in.

It started with a really impressive one hand jam to finish a fast break that I certainly didn't expect (I figured he was going to dish it to LeBron). Reggie Miller said something like "looking like Air Jordan" which Webber started giving him shit for. While arguing playfully, Caruso nailed a three which prompted Reggie to call compare him to Bird. In like 5 min of screen time Caruso had the dunk, hit a three, got a steal, and then put in a textbook finger-roll layup and Miller compared him to Jordan, Bird, Payton, and "Iceman" George Gervin and it was hilarious.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It was a great game. Lebron tried to suffocate the Nuggets to begin the game, and if it was just about any other team it would have worked. Nuggets come back and look like they just might pull it off but the singular talent of AD does not allow for it in the end. And between those two legendary performances you have Caruso messing around making highlights that if you hadn’t been paying attention to his game previously you absolutely would not expect it from his undersized appearance.

JR Smith flying in to half court to not high five Caruso was icing on the cake.

• Options
    I know we're supposed to be anti long-two but when Anthony Davis shoots from around the right elbow he hits it at like layup level accuracy and with his size I don't know how you defend against that.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
  • Options
    This should be a good game, but all I can think about is how terrible Reggie Miller is at his job.

• Options
    Rumors of the Nuggets demise were slightly exaggerated.

• Options
    Its interesting how Lebron has aged. Most great superstars rely on improved shooting or post moves when their athleticism goes but Lebron has really decided to focus on playmaker. He really has evolved into kind of a slow it down Magic Johnson.

• Options
    burbo wrote: »

Oops

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Its interesting how Lebron has aged. Most great superstars rely on improved shooting or post moves when their athleticism goes but Lebron has really decided to focus on playmaker. He really has evolved into kind of a slow it down Magic Johnson.

He's always wanted to be a playmaker. Watching him on the first time around Cavs he would play the first half hoping somebody would be on and help him, then when nobody was he would take control of the game and dominate.

• Options
    The Nuggets are going to do just enough to win this game, but I don't know how confident I would be at this point. They needed ridiculous games from their role players, combined with a bad outing from the Lakers, and still almost blew a game they had to win. This felt like a game where the Lakers got complacent and it bit them. Same thing happened in the first two rounds.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

Oops

Or not

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    The Nuggets are going to do just enough to win this game, but I don't know how confident I would be at this point. They needed ridiculous games from their role players, combined with a bad outing from the Lakers, and still almost blew a game they had to win. This felt like a game where the Lakers got complacent and it bit them. Same thing happened in the first two rounds.

I mean, this series is one play away from the Lakers being down 2-1. I don't think there's any real doubt that the Lakers are the better team, but the Nuggets sure don't look like they're going to make this easy

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    frankly the Lakers should let the Nuggets take game four because if they go up 3-1 on the Nuggets, they're fucked

• Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

I mean, this series is one play away from the Lakers being down 2-1. I don't think there's any real doubt that the Lakers are the better team, but the Nuggets sure don't look like they're going to make this easy

I was trying to figure out a way to best explain it, but pretending this game would have the same outcome if it was a 1-1 series going into it is not great?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options

I was trying to figure out a way to best explain it, but pretending this game would have the same outcome if it was a 1-1 series going into it is not great?

Thats the frustrating thing about the Lakers, and often Lebron teams of the last several years. Effort and focus is never a given. Making the "well the Lakers didn't really try" argument doesnt reflect well on them, even if its true, imo.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

He's always wanted to be a playmaker. Watching him on the first time around Cavs he would play the first half hoping somebody would be on and help him, then when nobody was he would take control of the game and dominate.

Yeah, Lebron has been an excellent passer from literally day 1 and has only grown in skill and tendency over time. I think what's amazing isn't that he didnt show the ability or inclination previously. Its that, his speed and bounce look SHOT compared to his previous incarnation (prob still above average for his position though). He was barely getting by Jokic from isos at the 3 point line. And his jumper seems to have gotten worse too.

Whats crazy to me is that Lebron has so much on his bag that you can take away that athleticism and jumper and what your left with is still basically a more cerebral Magic Johnson. Like goddam, has a player ever had such a surplus of basketball talents.

• Options

Thats the frustrating thing about the Lakers, and often Lebron teams of the last several years. Effort and focus is never a given. Making the "well the Lakers didn't really try" argument doesnt reflect well on them, even if its true, imo.

I don't disagree, but the Lakers did this same shit in the previous two rounds. The only diference here is that the Lakers got three games in before they are being forced to make any sort of adjustment, and I'm curious to see what it is (beyond just playing AD at the 5 like they should).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    And of course, I can keep going on about Lebrons lost athleticism, but somewhere poor Russell Westbrook is still hearing those terrifying chasedown footsteps every time he closes his eyes.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Lebron setting up the case for if they were to lose this series so he can come out afterwards with a neckbrace because he fractured his neck head butting the post.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited September 2020

Yeah, Lebron has been an excellent passer from literally day 1 and has only grown in skill and tendency over time. I think what's amazing isn't that he didnt show the ability or inclination previously. Its that, his speed and bounce look SHOT compared to his previous incarnation (prob still above average for his position though). He was barely getting by Jokic from isos at the 3 point line. And his jumper seems to have gotten worse too.

Whats crazy to me is that Lebron has so much on his bag that you can take away that athleticism and jumper and what your left with is still basically a more cerebral Magic Johnson. Like goddam, has a player ever had such a surplus of basketball talents.

No and it’s not even close

Luka has a ridiculous surplus of skill as well, but won’t ever have Lebron’s athleticism advantage

Captain Inertia on
  • Options

His early Miami days and his second stint with the Cavs gave him plenty of shooters to dump the ball off to which was his preferred playstyle before. He's evolved into a more high-level point man that sets up cutters more often and he's doing more off the ball than he was before. What's also astounding is this new style conserves energy which has enabled him to play much harder on defense. He went from defensive liability the last 2-3 seasons to genuine All-NBA defender again.

• Options
    One of the key issues that the players have been interested in was justice for Breonna Taylor. Since the Louisville grand jury just definitively stated that there will be no justice for Breonna Taylor, I wonder if they might strike again. My guess is that they will not, but who knows.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    One of the key issues that the players have been interested in was justice for Breonna Taylor. Since the Louisville grand jury just definitively stated that there will be no justice for Breonna Taylor, I wonder if they might strike again. My guess is that they will not, but who knows.

This crossed my mind too.

I think what really would have been the most effective would have been to say they were going to strike every time there was a police shooting or misjustice.

Like, if seven weeks later they were still in the first round people would be losing their minds and it gives you the chance to be like “yes, it’s fucking crazy isn’t it? Three days in seven weeks that a black person wasn’t shot by cops.”

• Options
    Did they just the cut the mic to Jalen Rose?

• Options
    Did they just the cut the mic to Jalen Rose?

Yup! I had to rewind it myself. Good on you, Jalen

• Options
    Tyler Herro is more than some overachiever playing with house money. This kid is a fucking star

This discussion has been closed.