As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's not anime, it's the 4th [Gunpla] thread

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I mean, sure, okay, if you wanna get pedantic about it then go for it, I guess

It was pretty obvious what bahamut meant

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I was specifically excluding the astray with the main series qualifier, I'm not a big fan of it honestly but yeah it's still way better than the seed destiny suits

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I was specifically excluding the astray with the main series qualifier, I'm not a big fan of it honestly but yeah it's still way better than the seed destiny suits

Ok, I didn't realize you intended it to only apply to the mainline "Gundam" suits and not all mobile suits. My bad!

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Destiny Gundam is cool.

Does Stargazer count as main series? Cause Stargazer rules (unfortunately its kit is crap)

I should get a Lunagazer to go with my Amazing Strike Freedom. Its basically the Hyaku Shiki revive with a Stargazer paint job.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
    Heffling wrote: »

Ok, I didn't realize you intended it to only apply to the mainline "Gundam" suits and not all mobile suits. My bad!

I think the astrays are gundams, THAT qualifier was because I think the seed zakus are cool :P

BahamutZERO.gif
    This hill is more of a butte

X22wmuF.jpg
    making accurate but bombastic-sounding statements is hard ok, sue me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    making accurate but bombastic-sounding statements is hard ok
    Does that ^ qualify as one?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    in not gundam gripes
    I find it annoying you cannot get US WW2 subs. Various kits are all over the place in scale {I was looking at doing a D9R with the anti IED fence {good old frustrating acid etch brass} but I wanted to do the lived in touches like the cooler and backpacks they would put on the dozer if I did not do the anti ied fence
    swd13zi5swlr.png
    I really should just build a table or such and start doing the various models I have {Not the Yamato that's couch sized and at least several months of work}

Oh wait theres tracking info for A kit from P Bandai.

It does not say which one though, but the shipment info was created 9-8 (and then sat in their warehouse till 9-20) so I assume it's my RX-78-4

X22wmuF.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh, I guess the delivery projection of "shipped on Tuesday, delivered on Thursday" on that P-Bandai order was optimistic, and has been updated to "delivered on Monday". Great, this gives me the time to build the 2 MGs, 3 RGs, and handful of non-Gundam Mini-Pla to clear out my backlog!

(It's taken me several months to finish half of one RG because I only work on it for like half an hour a week on average)

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Hell, I've got 4 RGs from the Expo coming soon and next month are the HG Crossbones kits.

Meanwhile, RG Nu and Sazabi are sitting in the corner and I still only have the feet done for the FA Unicorn.

Doctor Detroit on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Got my shipping notice. If it's accurate, Fedex will be dropping off my next perfect grade here on Monday.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Got my PG FA Unicorn notice as well as the HGUC Gundam TR-1 (Haze'n-thley) backlog getting bigger.

steam_sig.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I didn't get an email but looks like they'll be here Monday!

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Got my shipping notices, plural. Kind of afraid of the wall of boxes I’m gonna come home to.

And I got a notice from JP Amazon that the HMM Lightning Saix I preordered way back when is shipping.

steam_sig.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    okay got all my shipping notices too, expo kits should arrive monday but the AoZ kits are still pending

also the next US pbandai slate should be going up tomorrow, lemme order that todesritter already

uc3ufTB.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Got the Beyond Global Gundam!

MG Barbatos has arms now.

fvzdm0u5m4e8.jpg

a1u86kk8vwfz.jpg

Of course before posting these I noticed some paint I needed to clean up first but to lazy to retake pics.

steam_sig.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What kind of paints do you use?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Order finally arrived after spending an extra night in Salt Lake and I had to drive home during D&D so it wouldn't sit at my front door for who-knows-how-long.

Unfortunately I'm running into the same problem with Koto's Solid Raptor that I had with their Exceed Binder, that being the number of ways I can't connect or articulate parts. It may also be that these are primarily intended for use on Architects (the inner frame used in Frame Arms) and their compatibility with FA Girls is somewhere inclusively between "lower priority" and "happy coincidence".

I'm still totally gonna get this sword and one or two of this armor and maybe an Innocentia and FA Architect and and and

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Well, MG Barbatos is all finished and equipped!

zgfrj2gb8gcj.jpg

zx0q59plzn9w.jpg

lrqagz8l8wo5.jpg

I'll do all the decals at some point but for now I am content to witness this Gundam in all its glory.

Athenor wrote: »
    What kind of paints do you use?

Tamiya Gunmetal(TS-38), Light Gunmetal(TS-42), Bare Metal Silver(PS-12) make up the bulk of it and I am spray cans for those cause they haven't released lacquer in jars here yet. The gold is Tamiya Titanium Gold(X-31) which is bit more champagne colored compared to their Gold Leaf which is more like Hyaku Shiki bling bling motherfucker, the red is Clear Red(X-27) painted over the gunmetals, I also brushed a bit of Smoke(X-19) over the pistons and the reactors in the chest to give them an oil well used look. All of the X paints are acrylic but I use their lacquer thinner instead.

steam_sig.png
    Ooooh just got shipping info for my magic crystals Unicorn too. Now to feel vague anxiety cause fed ex kinda sucks around here for a week!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I've finished the Gelgoog pants, but somebody ran away with them...
    d0iois0u71ud.jpg

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    The Impulse is held back by having the lamest transformation gimmick ever. It's like if a 4 year old saw the ZZ transformation and came up with their own.

Upper half - falls over and hugs itself. It can fly!
    Core Fighter - Ok, it's a jet.
    Legs - falls over. It can fly!
    Backpack - The only part that has wings, but has to be carried in by another type of jet. WTF!?!

Wow you were not exaggerating here. I'm about halfway done, skipped ahead in the manual to see what the transformation was like and... became convinced I was missing a page. I'd assumed it all combined to make a jet, like Wing's Bird Mode, but it just becomes a pile of disparate items? Waaaack.

Build itself is very interesting tho! The torso part of it is left hollow and open, looks like a core fighter is part of the legs / waist unit, and that forms the back half of the torso. Never really seen that before!

Oh brilliant
    I think the backpack flyer is pretty cool looking, but yeah the rest is real bad.

I haven't seen the show but I'm interested to know how they present it in that, and the justification for it.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Well the suit looks pretty good from what I’ve seen, so if I get around to picking it up, I’ll just keep it all together.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Got a shipping notification for my P-Bandai order and it's, uh, already out for delivery?

...Sure!

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    Ianator wrote: »
    Got a shipping notification for my P-Bandai order and it's, uh, already out for delivery?

...Sure!

Mine's in California, so ... it'll be a bit.

Guess P-Bandai doesn't have Amazon's distributed warehouse network. :D

Yeah, when I check the tracking on my Expo order it says delivery by end of day, today.

It also shows it as not having moved at all.

:P

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
    Lol

x7tssdpd8qy9.jpg

indeed

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Chanel 9 fucking sucks, ignore them.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Is there already a model of this RX-78-2? Because I absolute love the two-tone blue and the yellow-orange on the front skirts.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Not yet, but two kits have been announced

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yes but you'll have to go through a reseller, they're only being made available through JP pbandai

uc3ufTB.png
    I think the PG RX-78-2 2.0 is supposed to based on it but don't quote me on that.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.