As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do you remember?

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    yes
    Centripedal force

It’s a pun, pip

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Centripedal force

It’s a pun, pip

it's late and also you smell

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    no
    Bicycles are stable for the same reasons unicycles are - because we balance them ourselves.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Bicycles are stable for the same reasons unicycles are - because we balance them ourselves.

According to the unicyclists I've seen: not well

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    no
    Fencingsax wrote: »

They're not actually that much harder to learn to ride than a bike. Back in primary school we had one lesson a month where a bloke named Reg Bolton would come to the school and teach the kids circus skills like juggling, plate spinning, riding unicycles etc.

I focused on juggling and plate spinning but even with only taking a couple of lessons (so something like an hour total) on unicycling I very nearly got it.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Bicycles work because there is a ghost on either side of it holding it up

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    yes
    edit: removed

PaperLuigi44 on
    no
    Moriveth wrote: »

Oh so they're the ones moving cyclists as far out from the curb and as close to traffic as possible

No, that's garbage and detritus in the bicycle lane that shreds tyres.

Cyclists don't like being anywhere near cars.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    yes
    also parked cars opening their doors in front of you
    at least with the moving traffic you can be reasonably sure they aren't going to open their doors suddenly

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    also parked cars opening their doors in front of you
    at least with the moving traffic you can be reasonably sure they aren't going to open their doors suddenly

Reasonably, but not all the way, sure

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Bicycles are part of the traffic. Deal with it bike haters.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    no
    Bicyclists down here like to be in the bike lane right up until it inconveniences them, and then they use the crosswalks and the sidewalks until that inconveniences them and they go back into the bike lane.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    yes
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Bicyclists down here like to be in the bike lane right up until it inconveniences them, and then they use the crosswalks and the sidewalks until that inconveniences them and they go back into the bike lane.

As someone who has commuted to work via bicycle: Yup. Some places don't even give you a bike lane, and you do what you have to.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Oh so they're the ones moving cyclists as far out from the curb and as close to traffic as possible

It may not seem like it, but it's the safest part of the bike lane for them to ride in. In addition to shit piling up along the street edge, or storm drains, or car doors, etc. cars will work to stay vaguely the same distance away from you no matter where in the bike lane you are, but if you're close to the edge/parking lane, you have nowhere to maneuver against obstacles or dickhead drivers that want to clip you on purpose.

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    no

As someone who has commuted to work via bicycle: Yup. Some places don't even give you a bike lane, and you do what you have to.

Nah here it's not okay for bicyclists to use the crosswalk or sidewalk. If there isn't a bike lane, they're supposed to either use a less busy street with a bike lane, or ride in the actual street with the cars. We have enough bike lanes (almost every side street has a bike lane, honestly) so it isn't a problem for the people that actually give a shit about obeying the rules.

Pinfeldorf on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    yes
    Sorry, these are all valid points, I retract my snark

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Can we just come together and say that anybody we are forced to interact with while travelling is trash, whatever their method of transport?

They're either too slow and in our way, or coming down on us at a reckless speed, don't they know I could have kids in the car / panniers / my pockets

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    no

Nah here it's not okay for bicyclists to use the crosswalk or sidewalk. If there isn't a bike lane, they're supposed to either use a less busy street with a bike lane, or ride in the actual street with the cars. We have enough bike lanes (almost every side street has a bike lane, honestly) so it isn't a problem for the people that actually give a shit about obeying the rules.

Riding a bicycle on many footpaths/sidewalks is illegal here, but I don't care if I see a cyclist on them because they're manoeuvering around traffic hazards.

If some chode is trying to set a pedal-powered land speed record on a busy footpath I'll tell them to fuck right off make no mistake, but where bike lanes are as fucked up as they are here in Perth, well I say let 'em use the footpath where needed, I'd much rather that than see cyclists ground into paste under cars every day.

no
    Bicycles are part of the traffic. Deal with it bike haters.

A common complaint amongst cyclist haters here is "they don't pay rego so they shouldn't be on the road".

Considering that vehicle registration costs are related to vehicle weight and the resultant damage they cause to the roads they drive on, I feel like cyclists probably wouldn't give a shit about paying a fraction of a cent per annum to use the roads, but the amount of taxpayer money wasted trying to collect said registration fees could be much better used for something more productive?

Like improving the roads and making new bike lanes to keep as many bikes away from cars as possible.

Can we just come together and say that anybody we are forced to interact with while travelling is trash, whatever their method of transport?

They're either too slow and in our way, or coming down on us at a reckless speed, don't they know I could have kids in the car / panniers / my pockets

Why do you have kids in your pockets?

How do you have kids in your pockets?

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Everyone I encounter while traveling is an outrageously audacious motherfucker, it’s true.

sarukun on

I don't right now, but it's possible that I could*, so stop walking so close, I don't want to feel your breath on my neck

*Anything is possible if you believe

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    yes
    I thought that's what JNCOs were for?

sig.gif
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    yes

Again, bike ghosts

Sorce wrote: »
    I thought that's what JNCOs were for?

I thought it was the opposite, in that they prevent you from ever conceiving a child

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    no
    or ride in the actual street with the cars.

yeah try that for a while and see what goes down.

i did it for a month because of those exact reasons and i can't even tell you how many motherfuckers threatened to kill me as the accused me of breaking the law while rocketing past at 80 MPH in downtown crowded streets because they were goddamn cowards.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    yes
    I haven't ridden a bicycle in like

A decade

I imagine it would hurt my butt

And also that I would snap the welding on the a frame almost instantly

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    yes
    A cyclist recently threatened to kill me because I called him and his friend assholes for riding their bikes on the sidewalk

It was a very fun conversation

I have almost gotten into a number of fights with cyclists who are disrespecting pedestrians though, it is my purpose in life

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yes
    I have no issues with cyclists riding either on a sidewalk or in the street, but the only thing I feel is that if you're in the street, you gotta follow traffic laws like everyone else and not go blasting through red lights and such.

BLM - ACAB
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    yes
    Is there a cycling thread somewhere on the forums?

I was so ecstatic a couple days ago to discover a website that sells bikes rated for 550 lbs, which covers my weight. I want to get it, but it's from $2000-2600. If I'm gonna be sinking that much into a bike, I want to cross-check reviews and make sure it's actually decent.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Last year I went to a bar with a friend and then a friend of that friend came in with a unicycle and placed it directly behind me making it look like I was the unicyclist and folks I didn’t like it

no
    Athenor wrote: »

yup

no
    rhylith wrote: »

Last year I went to a bar with a friend and then a friend of that friend came in with a unicycle and placed it directly behind me making it look like I was the unicyclist and folks I didn’t like it

i really want a unicycle

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    yes
    Magic Pink wrote: »

yup

Why don’t you LINK IT????

Lazy bum!!

no

yup

Lazy bum!!

yes that is the exact reason

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    yes

yup

Lazy bum!!

yes that is the exact reason

Yeah. I could have linked it too but...you know.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    i'm gay i can walk faster than a car can drive

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I was so ecstatic a couple days ago to discover a website that sells bikes rated for 550 lbs, which covers my weight. I want to get it, but it's from $2000-2600. If I'm gonna be sinking that much into a bike, I want to cross-check reviews and make sure it's actually decent.

here you go

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/33210463/#Comment_33210463

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    I have no issues with cyclists riding either on a sidewalk or in the street, but the only thing I feel is that if you're in the street, you gotta follow traffic laws like everyone else and not go blasting through red lights and such.

Also: if you're riding on the sidewalk you can't ride like you're in the street. You're exchanging speed for safety. Slow the f down and be extra slow/careful around pedestrians.

no
    i'm gay i can walk faster than a car can drive

wait a sec i didn't get that power all i got was a juicy dumper