As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    To be fair, at least my question and subsequent deduction were correct!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My computer crashed during our second game and won’t start up again. Sorry folks. :bigfrown:

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Don’t worry Dover someone killed you when they knew you wouldn’t be aware.

Thanks for introducing me to the game by killing me first in 3 of my first 4 rounds. The one I wasn’t killed first I was the imposter.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    My computer crashed during our second game and won’t start up again. Sorry folks. :bigfrown:

I wasted my kill on you as you DCed......

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Feels bad when you know Infidel is evil and don't make a strong enough argument.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Feels bad when you know Infidel is evil and don't make a strong enough argument.

j3bfidch2qxp.png

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Anyone down for a room? We have four so far

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    TPGt8GI.jpg

I stand alone. Mostly because everyone got confused about what happened. I'll take it, tho.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Was a fun night of games. Although Moridin insulted my hat game and honestly, that's pretty sus vote him

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    Hard accuse Jay. Every time.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    I do enjoy the taste of space

• Options
    Rough games for the Imposter tonight. Good playing with y’all!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Had a match where it was 6 people and I was Imposter and had a 15 second cooldown.
    Time to murder, right?

Noooope, for whatever reason my trackpad/mouse button refused to work whenever I tried to hit kill. It worked fine for Sabotage or other Use actions. But kill? Nope, you don't want to kill anyone.

I had like 3 or 4 clean kills that never triggered. By the time I got one, I just spam clicked waiting for it to trigger while actively chasing a dude, and sure enough, finally got the kill when two other people round the corner.

My dreams were dashed like poor Blue's skull, and I was immediately vented.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    I do enjoy the taste of space

If I had realized you were on mobile I would have not dismissed your second game as much there. :lol:

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Yeah the fan content for this is amazing.

I posted this one in discord as well

https://youtu.be/qfGqxaY6k_U

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

tl;dr among us 2 cancelled because the devs have decided they'd rather focus on improving and adding to the game people are already playing

any content they'd already been planning for the sequel will be added to the original instead, though it will take some time

• Options
    Good games tonight everyone! @Local H Jay scared the beejeezus out of me which got him voted off, even though he had no intention of killing me. :biggrin:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    there is no worse feeling as an imposter than being accurately voted out, but for something you didn't actually do.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

Yeah, too much great community content out there.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Good games tonight everyone! @Local H Jay scared the beejeezus out of me which got him voted off, even though he had no intention of killing me. :biggrin:

Man I kept thinking if we had just gotten that double kill we could have won that.

Those were some amazing games and I stayed up way too late but don’t regret it.

• Options
    Some house rules we might want to consider implementing:

I've been guilty of a few of these and I think they make the game a bit too binary and unfun. While I think they are all good suggestions, I've noticed #3 was a hard play that ruined a lot of Imposter chances at wins.

But these are just suggestions, especially since a lot of us are new and still learning the maps/tasks.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I was the worst imposter last night. I had a streak of 4 imposter runs and only own 1. And I even threw it for my team mate once!

Still had fun though.

• Options
    I was just jealous because at the time I was like 3 imposter games and 33 crew mate, and one of those imposter games was a throwaway to prevent the lobby from closing.

I got a few good ones later in the night though.

It’s not about the win or loss, but the accusations we make along the way <3

• Options
    I need to get better at throwing someone under the bus when I get caught.

• Options
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is lay low and let that urge for everyone to pass the first round give you a free ride.

• Options
    I think I dislike that stacked groups of people don't let you easily see who was the killer.
    Yes, I get that speed is important, but like that dude just got disemboweled and I have no idea which of the 2 remaining people did it since nobody moved.

• Options
    I think I dislike that stacked groups of people don't let you easily see who was the killer.
    Yes, I get that speed is important, but like that dude just got disemboweled and I have no idea which of the 2 remaining people did it since nobody moved.

Oh I'm very conscious of stack kills. I never overlap another player if possible just to avoid it. The most common time it happens is when the lights go out and 4 people turn them on together. It only takes one person folks. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, in later rounds in decon I made sure not to stack up at the door like I had done earlier.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    I thought stacked kills was a legit strat though. Like when everyone just starts playing together and it’s 1 imp to like 5 crew members late in a game, not much of a choice.

• Options
    Oh it is totally a good strategy.
    I just dislike it when Crewmate because I want slightly more indication of how a corpse arrived.

I don't begrudge the Imposter at all. I just expressed frustration at learning nothing and yet a body appears.

• Options
    Oh it is totally a good strategy.
    I just dislike it when Crewmate because I want slightly more indication of how a corpse arrived.

I don't begrudge the Imposter at all. I just expressed frustration at learning nothing and yet a body appears.

You can get information by not all stacking. If you have literally the whole crew together and stacked and a murder happens, yes the information "we have an imposter" is redundant. That's the tradeoff!

Should be pros and cons to any strategy or else it is a solved game and those aren't fun in a social deduction game.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    I thought stacked kills was a legit strat though. Like when everyone just starts playing together and it’s 1 imp to like 5 crew members late in a game, not much of a choice.

Oh they're legit for the imposter. Honestly just don't stand on each other. Or stand within murder range if you can avoid it for that matter.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    The only one of those house rules I would adopt is #3. I think not coordinating movements during discussion time is absolutely a good thing. It's already easy enough to just decide to follow someone.

I am wary of any rules in a game about observation and deduction about intentionally limiting what information can be acquired and shared. It's literally stripping out the main focus of the game to just turn the meetings into arguments with no supporting evidence.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, but you don't want to get to Town of Salem's 'What's the fourth word in your role description?' either.
    Which seems to be what the task rule is about.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Some house rules we might want to consider implementing:

I've been guilty of a few of these and I think they make the game a bit too binary and unfun. While I think they are all good suggestions, I've noticed #3 was a hard play that ruined a lot of Imposter chances at wins.

But these are just suggestions, especially since a lot of us are new and still learning the maps/tasks.

Ehh, you don't necessarily need to go this hard against this stuff

Eg, I was playing with ebum and infidel and moridin? left alive and we split up into pairs and "all our tasks were done" so we hung around in the same room. Infidel got too close so I knifed bum and accused infidel of trying to frame me. This was after my partner got himself outed after the first kill in an 8 player game. Later we again split into pairs, so I knifed bum (again) in some corner somewhere and got one of the last pair before they could find the body / call a meeting

2 is fixable by game options

4 is unnecessary. 5 is fixed after new people playing a few games

Phyphor on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Do you guys play every night? I have some time off and might swing by if that's the case.

• Options
    I think we try to. It depends on how many show up. You need at least 6 to really enjoy it and you hope for 10.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hopefully they fix a lot of the metagaming stuff with the news that they're rolling the Among Us 2 updates into Among Us 1.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Phyphor wrote: »

2 is fixable by game options

It's not. Even with visual tasks disabled, the med bay still displays who is scanning if you also have the task. It's not as powerful as the visual but it still allows people to confirm each other.

Dhalphir on