As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Do you remember?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i'm gay i can walk faster than a car can drive

wait a sec i didn't get that power all i got was a juicy dumper

speed has everything to do with it

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2020
    yes

How much speed have you been doing?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    no
    all of the speed

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    The Geek wrote: »

sadly none, i don't have health insurance

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    yes
    The Geek wrote: »

sadly none, i don't have health insurance

Someone get this man health insurance and a banana!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

You don’t have to be gay for that, I got one too.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLiQ_Vk0gq0

edited September 2020
    no
    sarukun wrote: »

You don’t have to be gay for that, I got one too.

again i demand proof

Magic Pink on
    You think I’m just out here distributing pictures of my sweet ass for free!?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    yes
    What really gets me is that we invented steam locomotion and railroads before we invented bicycles.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    no
    Can we just come together and say that anybody we are forced to interact with while travelling is trash, whatever their method of transport?

They're either too slow and in our way, or coming down on us at a reckless speed, don't they know I could have kids in the car / panniers / my pockets

"Everyone faster than you is a maniac and everyone slower than you is an asshole." -- George Carlin, paraphrased

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What really gets me is that we invented steam locomotion and railroads before we invented bicycles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile

no

i have one american quarter

i repeat: american

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    yes

not worth the paper its printed on

Take 1: Pffff, what good is that shit gonna do me in 7 years when China runs this bitch!?

Take 2: That is inarguably more money than any one has ever offered me for pictures of my ass.

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    yes
    I like how the bicycle was invented and then some wack a do was like, what if we made one wheel exponentially larger than the other and also you need a ladder to mount it

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    We have trikes to use at work and sometimes I am forced to use it.

I can ride a bike no problem but the moment I try and pedal one of those I just veer right and end up in a wall.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    yes
    It...honestly kind of makes sense for bikes to take awhile?

You need metal strong and light enough and capable of being fabricated to hold you up without weighing a zillion pounds just for the frame
    Ditto for the spokes
    Need smooth enough roads because a steel frame and heavy wheels mean you're doing a lot of work anyway
    Need to be able to manufacture gears small enough but still strong enough where it makes sense
    Need to be able to reliably manufacture small link chains so you don't need a 4' drive wheel that's directly driven by the pedals
    You need rubber tires and preferably manufactured enough to be pressurized instead of solid

Turns out there's quite a bit of tech in there! Interesting that the basic design hasn't changed that much since 1885 "safety bicycle". Lots of iteration on improved brakes, gearing, and materials, but other than recumbent bikes they look pretty similar to the original.

Orca on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    yes
    Bikes are an underestimated technology. Deceptively simple mechanism, with lots of tiny devils in the manufacturing details.

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    yes
    I really hate the sound of bicycle bells and people who sneak up on you at the last possible moment and use it, I swear they are doing it on purpose because they are sickos

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    yes
    everything is to far apart for anyone to have a bike here

it's barely close enough to be tolerable with a car.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I'm generally cool with bicyclists until I get stuck behind one on a curvy, single lane country road where I can't safely pass them without running the risk of meeting another car head on. So you're just fucking stuck behind them for a mile or so until you get a straight away.

Thats when I start wondering if I could use a sonic drive in cup, some napkins and hand sanitizer to make a molotov cocktail and fling it out the window at them.

yes
    If it helps, we don’t like it much either. But it’s often not very safe to pull over.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    The only practical solution I can think of is a Thunderdome Death Battle. Winner gets the road.

There are no other alternatives.

Thunderdome Death Battle.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yes
    my perspective as someone who only ever walks anywhere is that even asshole cyclists are way less of a threat to me than asshole drivers, and that cyclists basically never park their big dumb selves in the crosswalk, so drivers get the bulk of my criticism

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    no
    Mysst wrote: »
    I like how the bicycle was invented and then some wack a do was like, what if we made one wheel exponentially larger than the other and also you need a ladder to mount it

The bigger the diameter of the wheel, the better it rides over rough terrain and the less it sinks into soft terrain. They just got real fucking stupid with it.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    no
    Juggernut wrote: »
    I'm generally cool with bicyclists until I get stuck behind one on a curvy, single lane country road where I can't safely pass them without running the risk of meeting another car head on. So you're just fucking stuck behind them for a mile or so until you get a straight away.

Thats when I start wondering if I could use a sonic drive in cup, some napkins and hand sanitizer to make a molotov cocktail and fling it out the window at them.

Thing about curvy single-lane roads is they are often quite hilly, and typically have soft shoulders. So if a cyclist pulls over to let a car past, they have to stop, and then get going again in less than ideal conditions, especially if it's a road bike with those skinny smooth tyres. And doing that for every car would be a GIGANTIC pain in the ass where it could likely be easier to just get off and walk the bike along the road which utterly defeats the whole point of the bike in the first place.

Cyclists aren't super fond of having to share roads like that with traffic either, except instead of "oh man if there's a bike I'm going to have to drive slowly for a little while", it's "oh man if some yobbo in a truck doesn't see me and slams into me at 45 they'll never find my body in all that undergrowth"...

yes

Thing about curvy single-lane roads is they are often quite hilly, and typically have soft shoulders. So if a cyclist pulls over to let a car past, they have to stop, and then get going again in less than ideal conditions, especially if it's a road bike with those skinny smooth tyres. And doing that for every car would be a GIGANTIC pain in the ass where it could likely be easier to just get off and walk the bike along the road which utterly defeats the whole point of the bike in the first place.

Cyclists aren't super fond of having to share roads like that with traffic either, except instead of "oh man if there's a bike I'm going to have to drive slowly for a little while", it's "oh man if some yobbo in a truck doesn't see me and slams into me at 45 they'll never find my body in all that undergrowth"...

this seems like a really good reason to bike elsewhere

no
    Xaquin wrote: »

sure except i'm getting pretty sick of finding alternate routes just because drivers refuse to obey the law. i had to stop using the actual printed bike lanes because people insist on using them as parking stops and "the fast lane". even installing poles to block cars didn't work, they lasted about a month before they were all driven over and bent down.

and what if you cant? what's if that's the only way?

yes

sure except i'm getting pretty sick of finding alternate routes just because drivers refuse to obey the law. i had to stop using the actual printed bike lanes because people insist on using them as parking stops and "the fast lane". even installing poles to block cars didn't work, they lasted about a month before they were all driven over and bent down.

I don't know

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    yes
    Hoverbikes

Leave the cars on the ground

no

But that's the road that goes to where I want to go.

edited September 2020
    no

I don't know

find out and get back to me

i expect your report on my desk by next friday

Magic Pink on
    no

that sounds like a you problem then. go somewhere else!

yes

I don't know

I'll take the zero

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    yes

no the person with the slower, physical effort-powered vehicle should be the one to go great lengths out of their way to avoid temporarily inconveniencing people using faster, easier modes of transportation.

edited September 2020
    yes
    I mean
    Bicycles have a right to use the road? I could argue we have more of a right to the road ( if it's not a freeway), since you don't need to be licensed to have a bike. And you better believe I'm picking the route I'm least likely to get cleaned up on, but until every country decided to invest millions in bicycle specific Infrastructure that's... gonna be the winding country road more often than not.

Most cyclists also drive. We know it sucks to get stuck behind a show moving vehicle, really truly. it also sucks to be that vehicle! Sometimes life sucks! Sometimes you're stuck behind a bike and sometimes you're stuck behind a giant fuck off tractor, but either way there are times you just don't get to go as fast as you want. Unbelievable privation, I know.

Edit: stupid forum signed me out halfway through typing what the hell
    This is my punishment for not just making a one liner and moving on.

tynic on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    yes
    Equip all bikes with explosives and if a car hits a bike it explodes in a fury killing both the biker and the driver of the vehicle.

Problem solved.

yes
    Ah, the sacrificial termite approach to commuting.

no

I don't know

I'll take the zero

it's pass/fail mister